Question: 2 questions about my job and career

rocky26

As salamu 'alaikum brothers and sisters, Bismillah I've 2 questions to ask! One is Can I ask anyone for recommendation?
Second one Can i tell a lie to get a job at interview? Jazak Allah Khair..

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah, firstly welcome to the website brother.

The question was short on details so I will think between the lines here.

1. You have to ask for recommendations for your CV from people who can accurately judge your competence. i.e. those who you have worked for in the past.

2. The Muslim should speak the truth and seek to be honest. Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Fear Allaah, and be with those who are true (in words and deeds)”

[al-Tawbah 9:119].

Al-Bukhaari (6094) and Muslim (2607) narrated that Ibn Mas‘ood (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “I enjoin you to be truthful, for truthfulness leads to righteousness and righteousness leads to Paradise. A man may continue to tell the truth and endeavour to be truthful until he is recorded with Allaah as a speaker of truth. And beware of lying, for lying leads to wickedness and wickedness leads to Hell. A man may continue to tell lies and endeavour to tell lies, until he is recorded with Allaah as a liar.”

al-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

The scholars said: What this means is that truthfulness leads to righteous deeds that are free of everything blameworthy. Al-birr (righteousness) is a general word that includes all kinds of good deeds. But lying leads to wickedness, which is drifting away from righteousness or, it was said, indulging in sin.

The scholars said: This is encouragement to endeavour to be truthful, which means seeking it and paying attention to it. (And it is encouragement) to beware of lying and taking the matter lightly, for if one takes the matter lightly he will do a great deal of it and become known for that. So if a person tells the truth all the time and it becomes second nature to him, Allah will record him as a speaker of truth. On the other hand, if he tells lies all the time and it becomes second nature to him, Allah will record him as a liar. End quote.

Remember that if you tell the truth and fear Allah, Allah will provide for you from sources you could not imagine. Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty).

3. And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine”

[al-Talaaq 65:2-3].

And Allah knows best.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
As salamu 'alaikum brothers and sisters, Bismillah I've 2 questions to ask! One is Can I ask anyone for recommendation?
Second one Can i tell a lie to get a job at interview? Jazak Allah Khair..

:salam:

Also, the recommendation should be truthful as well. No lies anywhere.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Remember; if you tell lies and later your boss might realise it and fire you from the work... and do you think that he will get you any kind of good recommendations to you for the next job interview. He also might know other boss in the same area and mention about you.

Better to be honest for your own future.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
@sister herb Good point. Most job interviewers / human resources managers will know a fake CV straight away. Most of the time they will also know when you are giving wrong answers. They seen 100s CV everyday, speak and do many interviews. If the job is worth applying for, they will see where you are coming from right away