2 released without charge

umm hussain

LONDON (Reuters) - Two men arrested in connection with a suspected plot to kidnap and kill a British Muslim soldier were released without charge on Wednesday, police said.

The freed men were not asked about such a conspiracy and were not told why they were arrested, according to their lawyer.

Seven other men held under anti-terrorism laws a week ago in Birmingham remained in custody after a court gave detectives an extra three days to question them.

Police said the decision not to charge two of the men was made after talks with the Crown Prosecution Service, which has examined the evidence throughout the inquiry.

"In all such operations people may be released without charge at this stage, while others may remain in custody for further investigation," West Midlands Police said in a statement.

"This is normal and to be expected in large, complex criminal enquiries where a number of arrests have taken place.

The force's priority is "to balance the safety of the public against the rights of the men we have in custody", the statement added.

source
http://newsbox.msn.co.uk

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:salam2:

The freed men were not asked about such a conspiracy and were not told why they were arrested, according to their lawyer.

So why were their doors and windows kicked down at 3-4am in the morning, arrested and kept away from their families for so long?

Perhaps they had chapatti flour.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
I saw it in BBC tonight. Thats just ridiculous. Even I heard from one of my pals in london that the police arrested some guys without any charge. Later they were released.
I feel MI5, MI6, British Police are in deep soup.Do they even know what they are doing?

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

This will happen again and again. Innocent Muslims will be accused of terrorism then released without charge. Then they'll just sweep it under the carpet after creating such a frenzy.To the police, every muslim is a suspect.

wasalam

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
I saw it in BBC tonight. Thats just ridiculous. Even I heard from one of my pals in london that the police arrested some guys without any charge. Later they were released.
I feel MI5, MI6, British Police are in deep soup.Do they even know what they are doing?
Sure, because some of these people work for them lol.