How to do dawah to an atheist? ( by Dr. Zakir Naik)

mohamad_ferhat

In the name of ALLAH, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

DR. ZAKIR NAIK - PRESIDENT, IRF

A medical doctor by professional training, Dr. Zakir Naik is renowed as a dynamic international orator on Islam and Comparative Religion. Dr. Zakir Naik clarifies Islamic viewpoints and clears misconceptions about Islam, using the Qur'an, authentic Hadith and other religious Scriptures as a basis, in conjunction with reason, logic and scientific facts. He is 43 years old.

Dr. Zakir is popular for his critical analysis and convincing answers to challenging questions posed by audiences after his public talks

How to do dawah to an atheist?

Part-1

[As far as the first part of the question is concerned how to do dawah to an atheist? It is remembered as earlier that the master key is; SURAH IMRAN C 3 V 64 WE say 'تَعَالَوۡاْ إِلَىٰ ڪَلِمَةٍ۬ سَوَآءِۭ بَيۡنَنَا وَبَيۡنَكُمۡ COME TO COMMON TERMS AS BETWEEN US AND YOU '. Now one may ask what is the common term of atheist, what common term can Muslim have an atheist but yet I call it the master key. The first thing I do when I meet an atheist is I congratulate him. I congratulate him because he says he does not believe in God. The reason I congratulate him is, all the other human beings most of them they are blindly following their parents. The Christian, he is Christian because his father is a Christian. The person is a Hindu because his father is a Hindu. Most of the Muslims are Muslims because fathers are Muslims. This atheist is thinking. His father, his parents may be religious but he doesn't believe in the God which his parents worship. The reason I congratulate him is because he has said the first part of the Islamic shahadah, Islamic creed "LA ILA HA" "There is no God". The only thing I have to do is "ILLA LLAH" 'BUT ALLAH' which I shall do insha Allah. Half my job is done. To the other non-Muslims, first I have to prove to him is that the God you worshiping is a wrong god, the false god and then I have to prove him to ALLAH (swt). Here half my job is done. He is already said first part of the Islamic shahadah "LA ILA HA". So my job, half my job is done. So I have only to prove "ILLAL LAH" which I shall do Insha Allah. Most of the atheists we realize have become atheist because they believe in science and technologies. These people think that science advance so much, we don't require scriptures, we don't require religions etc. The first question I ask to atheist is.... Suppose there is an equipment, there is a machinery, which no one in the world had ever seen before is brought in front of you, is brought in front of an atheist and if we ask the question that who will be the first person, who will be able to tell you the mechanism of this machinery of this object. What can be his reply? The reply of the atheist will give you is the first person who will tell you the mechanism is the manufacturer, some may say the creator, some may say the inventor, and some may say the producer whatever they say is somewhat similar. Either they say the creator, manufacture, the producer, the inventor it will be somewhat similar just keep it up in the back of your mind. Then ask him next question. How did our universe come into an existence? So the atheist will tell us the initially there was a primary Nebula. Then there was a Bib Bang. There was a secondary separation which gives rise to galaxy, the sun, the moon and the earth on which we live. This we call as a Big Bang. When did you come to know about this creation of the universe? So atheist will tell you about 30, 40 years back the scientists discovered this. You ask him a question. What you are talking about the Big Bang is already mention in the QURAN, in SURAH AMBIA C 21 V 30'We say أَوَلَمۡ يَرَ ٱلَّذِينَ كَفَرُوٓاْ أَنَّ ٱلسَّمَـٰوَٲتِ وَٱلۡأَرۡضَ ڪَانَتَا رَتۡقً۬ا فَفَتَقۡنَـٰهُمَا*!ۖ Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder?'. What you are talking about the Big Bang is already mention in the QURAN 1400 years ago. Who could have mention that? So the atheist may say " May be its a fluke "No problem. Don't argue with him. You continue. The light of the moon is it its own light or reflected light? The atheist will tell us the previously we thought the moon has it's own light. Recently we have come to know in science recently 300years back, 200 years back we have come to know that the light of the moon is not its own light but a reflected light. The QURAN mention 1400 years ago. In SURAH FURQAN C 25 V 61 Blessed is He who placed constellations in the skies, and placed therein a Lamp (a sun having its own light) and a Moon (having a reflected light or a borrow light). The Arabic words use for moon-light in the QURAN is "Munir" or "Nur" meaning reflected light or a borrowed light. Who could have mention that in the QURAN 1400 years ago that the light of the moon is not it's own light but a reflected light which we have come to know recently. Then the atheist may say" Your PROPHET MOHAMAD (PBUH) may be he was intelligent man." Don't argue with him. Continue.

Part -2

The world that we live on, what's the shape of this earth on which we live? The atheist will tell you it is spherical. When did you come to know? So he will tell us it was 1597 when Francis Drake's when he sailed around the earth and then he proved that the earth was spherical. But QURAN says 1400 years ago in SURAH NAZIAT C 79 V 30. وَٱلۡأَرۡضَ بَعۡدَ ذَٲلِكَ دَحَٮٰهَآ And thereafter WE have made the earth egg shape. The Arabic word 'Dahaha' one of which meaning is geological expand. The other meaning is direct from the Arabic word 'Duyah' which means an egg. It doesn't refer to a normal egg. It refers to the egg of an ostrich. We know that the world is not completely round like a ball but it is geo-spherical in shape its flat from the poles and if you analyze the shape of the egg of an ostrich that two is geo-spherical in shape.

Who could have mention in the QURAN 1400 years ago that the shape of the earth is geo-spherical? Again the atheist may say, you know your PROPHET MOHAMAD (PBUH) may be he was super intelligent. Don't argue with him. You can continue. When I was in school ı had learned that the sun was stationary. It revolves but did not rotate about on its own axis. Then atheist may says 'Is that mentioned in the QURAN?' I said 'No that is what I learned in school.' 'And I passed my school in 1982 approximately 12 years back I have learned the sun was stationary did not rotate about on its own axis. But the QURAN says in SURAH AMBİA C 21 V 33.' IT IS ALLAH WHO CREATED THE NIGHT AND THE DAY AND THE SUN AND THE MOON.EACH ONE TRAVELLING IN THE ORBITS WITH ITS OWN MOTION'. So the QURAN says that beside the sun revolving, it even rotates about its own axis. Who could have mentioned that in the QURAN 1400 years ago? Then the atheist will be silent. There will be a long pause. Don't wait for the reply. You can keep on continuing. Today sciences tell us that the universe is expanding which is mentioning in the QURAN 1400 years ago in SURAH DARYAT C 51 V 47. The QURAN speaks about the word cycles which we learned in school. It was Bernard Palissy in 1580 who first describe the water cycle how the water evaporates from the ocean, form the new clouds moves into inland, fall as rain. This water cycle is spoken about in great details in the QURAN in several verses.

IN SURAH AL ZUMAER C 39 V 21

IN SURAH RUM C 30 V 24

IN SURAH AL HIJIR C 15 V 22

IN SURAH MUMINUN C 23 V 18

IN SURAH NUR C 24 V 43

IN SURAH RUM C 30 V 48

IN SURAH ARAF 7 V 17

IN SURAH FURQAN C 25 V 48 TO 49

IN SURAH FATIR C 35 V 9

IN SURAH YA SIN C 36 V 34

IN SURAH MULK C 67 V 30

IN SURAH AL TARIQ C 86 V 11

There are hundred of verses in the QURAN which only speaks about the water cycles which science has discovered these centuries.

We can keep on talking that today we have come to know that the plants have got sexes which we did not know earlier. QURAN says in SURAH TAHA C 20 V 53 that the plants got sexes, males and females. Today we have come to know that there is two types of water, sweet and salty and there is barrier between them which is mentioned in the QURAN in SURAH FURQAN C 25 V 53 and SURAH RAHMAN C 55 V 19 – 20 . مَرَجَ ٱلۡبَحۡرَيۡنِ يَلۡتَقِيَانِ (١٩) بَيۡنَہُمَا بَرۡزَخٌ۬ لَّا يَبۡغِيَانِ IT IS ALLAH WHO HAS LET FREE TWO BODIES OF FLOWING WATER. THOUGH THEY MEET THEY DO NOT MIX. THERE IS A BARRIER BETWEEN THEM. Today's science tell us that it is the mountains which prevent the earth from shaking which is mentioning in the QURAN 1400 years ago in the SURAH NABA C 78 V 6 and 7. The QURAN speaks about BIOLOGY that WE HAVE CREATED EVERY LIVING CREATURES FROM WATER. EVERY LIVING THINGS. IN SURAH AMBIA C 21 V 30. QURAN mention this 1400 years ago. The QURAN speaks about ZOOLOGY about the life-span of the spiders in SURAH ANKABURT C 29 V 41. About the ants in SURAH AL NAMAL C 27 V 17 to 18. About the bees in SURAH NAHL C 16 V 68-69. The QURAN speaks about EMBRYOLOGY in SURAH ALAQ C 96 V 1-2 . WE HAVE CREATED HUMAN BEINGS FROM ALAKA (A LEECH-LIKE SUBSTANCE) which we have come to know recently. The QURAN speaks about the embryological stages in SURAH MUMINUM C 23 V 12 TO 14. You can go on talking about the scientific point there are more than thousands of verses in the QURAN which speaks about science. After every scientific facts you ask the question, who could have mention that in the QURAN? The only reply the atheist can give you is the creator, the cherisher, the manufacturer, the inventor, the producer. This creator, this manufacturer, this producer, this inventor we Muslim call HIM as ALLAH. That's the reason Francis Bacon, very famous philosopher said 'little knowledge of science takes you away from AL MIGHTY GOD. In-depth knowledge of science makes you a believer in GOD. That's the reason today scientists are not eliminating GOD. The illuminating the models of GOD 'LA I LAHA ILLAL LAH''.

PHYO PAING AYE

(MOHAMAD FERHAT)

I really acknowledges the help of my friends Abdul Shahid and Mohammad. May Allah accept this work and in return of this may Allah bestow us Jannah.

ross2007

Assalammualaikom brother,

Thank you so much for this wonderful article. :ma: I have friends who are athiest, I will share this with them. May Allah have mercy on you and your family, ameen.

Ross.:tti_sister: