53rd State!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum All,

Re: Visit to the 53rd State:

Since I am planning a trip to my native country Pakistan I decided to contact the US state department (as a good ‘ol American citizen) would to check the latest state of affairs before my trip.

I was notified that since its induction as the 53rd (& the newest) state into the US empire it is perfectly safe and quite enjoyable to travel to the new found bastion of freedom & democracy; off course there are a few who are resisting but the clear and candid message to the “evil doers” from President Bush & Governor “B”usharaaf is that, “Resistance is futile and they will be assimilated” and the vast majority of Pakistani citizens are peace-loving and would like a fresh start in life after being sick & tired of living under the yoke of tyranny, torture and oppression.

State department did tell me to keep the following in mind during my visit:

1) Since I was granted citizenship well before the rest of the 170 million Pakistanis I do have special privileges and have greater rights then them & I should keep in mind that I have been a “longer serving member of the empire”
2) The two languages of Pakistan public (Urdu) & state (English) have been replaced with American (spoken in a Texan accent) with immediate affect, however I should be courteous with the general population while they work on the Accent & so on and come to grip with the fact that words like Connecticut is actually pronounced conneticut (with a silent “C”) & so on, Texas is not TEXAAS etc.
3) Keeping the rich culture & tradition in mind while trying to introduce American values, the official dress has been designated to be a Shalwar (Pakistani trousers) & a standard American Wal-mart issued T-Shirt with the signatures of President Bush & Governor “B”usharaaf . It has been noted that since a vast majority of the citizens of the new state are Muslims a modified baseball cap (with a shorter brim) has been also been recommended so that the shorter brim doesn’t interfere with the Muslims performing their daily prayers during Sajdah (prostration). New York Yankees have been kind enough to sponsor the new cap as a welcome gesture to the citizens of the new state and hence all caps will bear the official logo of the team
4) Off course the new dress code has been authenticated & approved by the new Grand-Mufti of Pakistan Imam Hamza Yusuf who proudly posed in the new attire with a spectacular cap
5) It was discovered that the Pakistanis have a habit of distributing sweets (particularly yellow balls) on happy occasions such as weddings etc. but these yellow balls can be used as a weapon so with immediate affect Pakistanis have been instructed to distribute the traditional American savoury of French Freedom Fries on happy occasions
6) Spicy food has been declared a health hazard so with immediate affect the traditional American “Heinz Ketchup” has been designed as the only spice to be used…State department were actually quite surprised as to why someone would want to use spices after adding “Heinz Ketchup” to their food???
7) All road-side food stalls in Pakistan have been sub-contracted to the highest bidder which was TACO-BELL because their menu closely matched the traditional food
8) The traditional Pakistani bread (Roti, Chappati, Nan etc.) were found to be too confusing & replaced with the standard American Pizza Hut THICK-CRUST!
9) The four provinces in Pakistan have been dissolved with immediate affect & the new state has been divided into North-South for greater administrative flexibility with tobacco chewing/spitting classes being incumbent in the South

10) The bottom of the message noted that due to the resistance of the Afghanees across the border, official state status has not been granted rather Afghanistan is still recognised as “Territory of the USA” similar to “Puerto Rico” ….I was advised that as a long serving member of the empire I should keep my duties in mind & try to convince the common Afghanees that they should take the example of Pakistanis & Saudees in mind & assimilate (its for their good….How can they resist standard American Pizza Hut THICK-CRUST! & still insist on the old Afghani Naan”???

I have registered my e-mail address with the state department so they can inform me immediately of any other changes or presidential decrees.

Jazakullah Khairun

P.S: I was bored in a meeting this afternoon so I put this together mentally getting myself ready for a visit in 3 weeks…hasn’t been copied from anywhere & certainly not proof-read yet!
:muslim_child:

slave.of.AllahSW

lol

AssalamoAlaikum wr wb,
lol... I shouldnt be laughin... its sad but its what becomming of Pakistan. also If you could add this to it that I have heard from alot of good sources in Pakistan that some NGOs (fighting to liberate Pakistani women) are trying to get niqab (veil) banned in Pakistan as well. and Im sure with Mushy and Bushy in power... that shouldnt be a problem! next they are going to ask Muslim men to shave off their beard, and if a non Muslim was to live near by a Masjid (Mosque) the call for prayer wouldnt be allowed!

oh Allah swt help us! please, please help the Muslim Ummah!

JazakAllahu khairun

shadykan

looooooooooooooooool

Very interesting!! you're right, your meeting must have been very boring!!!

Even though it's funny, it is sad as well, because unfortunately, it is not that far from the truth!!

Kayote

:salam2:

haha, I can imagine a very long meeting of yours for you to think up so much.

Yes, it is very sad that the state of affairs are as they are. But Alhumdulillah there are some good muslims out there as well. On my recent trip, I met the young Imams of my local mosque & I was so impressed by their character & kindness & alhumdulillah, the new mosque is only a few feet away from our house so we have the opportunity to offer prayers there.

:wasalam:

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

I have been severely reprimanded on my “dry & unfunny” sense of humour as of last night…

We went to my wife’s relatives and there was a Vietnamese kid there playing X-Box with her kids so they introduced him as “Tim” so I said, “Tim, what’s your full name”? He said, “Tim Tu”…I said, “Where is your other brother then?”

Apparently his English isn’t that good so he was labelled as a racist bully, pickin on kids!

Then the rest of the relatives showed up so they introduced me “as being from America” so I added that the correct introduction would have been that “Allah (SWT) in His infinite Grace & Mercy blessed him to set foot & wander abound in the land of milk & honey called America”

At this there was a great uproar from the sisters as to why then I decided to come to England & marry someone from England…so I replied that we are put in trials due to our sins & Insha’Allah I will bear it with patience and forbearance as the end result of trials and tribulations is Jannah.” I don’t know why but I was thrown out of the house at this point!!!!

Back to the question….

Yes it is very true that the NGO’s are trying to eradicate Islam in the poor in Pakistan with massive influx of money and resources…There are schools where little kids are given candies when they write about Jesus(instead of Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam), girls are given gifts when they talk about changes in their emotions and needs as they are growing up…I have seen homework myself in Karachi where kids from my extended family have given Islamic subjects to talk about & express “their views” on it…Private channels regularly have “Chat-Shows” where men/women regularly express their views about Islam & it’s practices…All of these schools & stations are private and run and operated by NGO’s in US & Britain…

However I must say that MOST PEOPLE (specially young ones) are more Pro-Islam then ever & Mosques are full with youngsters…in my days they were ONLY old folks around doing things like celebrating the birthday of Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam)  Such practices are now strongly shunned by the youngsters and they argue & argue with their parents/elders that this is AGAINST the Sunnah (I have seen it myself & called upon to arbitrate & talk to the “disobedient ones” on many occasions)

There are newspapers/magazines who regularly highlight these in Pakistan in both English & Urdu

There are 3 main newspapers in Pakistan:

1. Daily Jung (Urdu & English): The only ABC certified newspaper of Pakistan with international standing…It is secular, pro-government and a bastion of Anti-Islamic propaganda…Most EX-PATS in US/West read this as it is available daily and printed in New York & London

http://www.jang.com.pk/

I personally think that they have made a spelling mistake in the name during translation from Urdu to English & it should actually be Jun”k”

The irony is that on the newspaper it is spelled Jung but the web-site is J”ang”…figure that!

2. Dawn (English): First English newspaper of Pakistan and widely read…Shia and vehemently Anti-Islamic

http://www.dawn.com.pk/
You will often find articles from Benazir on it as she is a “guest” columnist….

3. Nawai-Waqt (Urdu & English): 2nd largest newspaper of Pakistan…Pro-Pakistan & Pro-Islam…almost daily filled with articles and editorials about the NGO’s and their activities…Currently all adverts in the print version are banned due to decree of President “B”ushaarraf because the newspaper continues to criticise his policies and so on
http://www.nawaiwaqt.com.pk/

I read the Urdu daily but I am guessing that the English is just a translation…

Jazakullah Khairun

slave.of.AllahSW

lol

AssalamoAlaikum wr wb,

At this there was a great uproar from the sisters as to why then I decided to come to England & marry someone from England…so I replied that we are put in trials due to our sins & Insha’Allah I will bear it with patience and forbearance as the end result of trials and tribulations is Jannah.” I don’t know why but I was thrown out of the house at this point!!!!

my husband reminds me quite often tht... there is one difference between a TV and a BIWI (wife), that a man can turn off his TV but not his BIWI.... lol!

(almost) all men are alike I guess! :)

by the way, I know my husband jokes around, Alhumdulillah he has great respect and love for me and so do I. May Allah swt bless all of us with love and respect and patience amoung couples for each other! AAMEEEN!

jazakallahu khayrun

Globalpeace

Banned
TV & BIWI [BV] (wife)

Asslamo Allaium,

In my humble opinion another fundamental difference between TV & BIWI [BV] (wife) is that you can change channels on a TV versus BV is always on the same channel usually the “Public Broadcasting Network”

:jumpclap: :jumpclap: :jumpclap:
:astag: :astag: :astag:

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Bro GlobalPeace,

I totally agree with your opinion about the newspapers. Specially Irfan Siddiqi's columns in NawaiWaqt are the source of the warmth in my blood. I always pray for his long life so that he keeps on writing.

Wassalaam,

Status
Not open for further replies.