Article A du’aa from the bottom of a Believer’s heart

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
A du’aa from the bottom of a Believer’s heart

Young man he was. Always of caring and helpful nature. Would get upset at the slightest sight of oppression.

One day he sees two men fighting. He sides with the oppressed. In a bid to stop fighting, he gives a blow to the oppressor. The person falls dead.

He was a very sensitive youth. He feels sorry for his unintentional killing.

The king who was greatest oppressor would not leave this youth. How dare someone kills a man of the ruler’s clan. He orders that the ‘killer’ be arrested and brought in chains.

The young man leaves Egypt at the advice of an elderly person and goes to Madyan.

The one who was destined to become one of the greatest Prophets of Allah is now a stranger in the land of Madyan.

He witnesses a sight that reveals the story of men oppressing women.

He sees a group of strong men watering their sheep and not letting the two girls draw water.

Being a stranger did not stop him from siding with the oppressed.

He goes and helps the girls who were standing aloof by drawing water for them.

The girls thanked the stranger and walked back happily to their home.

The stranger helped the girls. But then who will help the stranger?

He knows no one. Has nothing with him. He needs help. He needs help urgently.

He needs shelter. He needs food. He needs comfort. He needs all that would be necessary to live peacefully and respectfully.

The instinct in this young man does the wonder. He sits under a tree and cries out to the One Who Provided the tree’s cool shade:

رَبِّ إِنِّي لِمَا أَنزَلْتَ إِلَيَّ مِنْ خَيْرٍ فَقِيرٌ
“My Lord, I am truly in great need of any good that You might send down to me.” (Surah al Qasas 28: 24)

This young man was none other than the great Prophet Musa, alaihis salam.

The wordings of this du’aa are so beautiful that they flow directly from the bottom of a Believer’s heart.

Let me put it word by word:
رَبِّ = My Lord, My Sustainer!
إِنِّي = Indeed, I am
لِمَا = of whatever

أَنزَلْتَ = You send (down)

إِلَيَّ = to Me

مِنْ = of

خَيْرٍ = Good

فَقِيرٌ = (in) need

This du’aa directly knocks at the door of the Giver, Al Wah’haab. It also reveals the humble nature of the supplicant.

The word Anzalta in this du’aa says it all: Help comes from above. Help comes from Allah alone!

We need everything for our survival. And Allah alone is Provider. He alone is the Helper. He alone is the Supporter.

Is there anyone in the world you would say that he or she has everything?

You may have abundant wealth. But then you sleep with sleeping pills. You need peace.

You have knowledge. But you may lack in understanding. You need wisdom.

You have children. But lack resources for their upbringing. You need sustenance.

You may have thriving business. But you also have dishonest workers. You need sincere people.

You may have means to decent living. But you may be childless. You need a child.

Your wardrobe may be full of dresses. But you lack the sense of dressing. You need modesty.

You may be a successful person. But you worship an idol. Your head needs dignity. You need Right Guidance.

So whatever it might be, you are in dire need of that.

Dear brothers and sisters, let us remember the words of this du’aa. And let us call upon Allah with this du’aa, everyday Inshaa’Allah.

The du’aa of a Prophet who started his life floating in the river, escaped from Egypt fearing his life only to come back to bring about an end to the kingdom of the cruelest king of the time!

Let me conclude with this ayah which sums up the status of man:
35_15.png

“O people, it is you who stand in need of Allah; as for Allah, He is Self-Sufficient, Immensely Praiseworthy” (Surah Faatir 35: 15)

Jazakallaahu Khayra for reading this post.

Source: http://yassarnalquran.wordpress.com/2013/05/03/a-duaa-from-the-bottom-of-a-believers-heart/

muhammad sabri

One word: Beautiful, like the One God who made this story happen :) and like your heart who decided to share this ;) Salam!