A few questions..........

AllahHelpMe

As-Salam Alikum Brothers & Sisters

May your emaan & health be in good order.

Often in talks & lectures that we watch & listen to, they start the talk by "As-Salam Alikum".

Is it correct to say "Wa Alikum Salam" when we hear this; even though it is in a talk & not a real person saying it?

Also they often have a dua or pray in most talks, Can we have the intention of that pray or dua & say "Ameen" once the pray or dua has been said?

I personaly see no problem in this because it is good to have the words of Allah on our tongue.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Salam

Haroun

JenGiove

Salaam Brother,
I was able to find this, I hope it helps.
Jennifer

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/93733/Ameen
What is the ruling on saying Ameen to the du’aa’ of one of the Shaykhs on a TV program?.

Praise be to Allaah.
Saying Ameen to du’aa’ is prescribed, whether the one who is saying du’aa’ is near or is far away and is being heard on a TV or radio show. The one who hears the du’aa’ and would like to be one of those who are included in it, should say Ameen. By doing so he is asking his Lord to answer this du’aa’ and fulfil what is in it, for He is the best of those who are asked.​
But if the program is recorded, then it is not prescribed to say Ameen to the du’aa’.​
The scholars of the Standing Committee for Issuing Fatwas were asked: If I hear a tape that was recorded a year or two ago, in which a shaykh is saying du’aa’, should I say Ameen to his du’aa’?​
They replied:​
Du’aa’ and saying Ameen to it are acts of worship; what is prescribed is to say Ameen to the du’aa’ of one who is saying du’aa’ at that moment. As for a du’aa’ recorded on a tape, it is not prescribed to say Ameen to it, because there is not really a person who is saying du’aa’.​
And Allaah is the Source of strength. May Allaah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions.​
Standing Committee for Academic Research and Issuing Fatwas​

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhooth al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Ifta (24/256).

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:salam2:

As I know, for your first question on the Islamic greetings,,,
You see, When a person greets another person with Salaam, it becomes obligatory upon the person on whom the Salaam is told to reply him back with Salaam. IT IS FARD AYN…

When a person greets a group of people with Salaam, it becomes obligatory upon the group to reply him back with Salaam… THAT IS FARD KIFAAYAH..

Here in this case FARD KIFAAYA basically means that it would be sufficient for a single person from the group to say the reply Salaam.. But if even a single person fails to answer, then it would be counted as a sin on every single member of that particular group.. So if you know that some one from the audience who heard the lecture live said the reply, then its not FARD on you to say Salaam as I know. ALLAH TALA KNOWS BEST..

And if you feel like replying the salaam, I don’t think that it would be counted as a sin… I say this ‘coz, whenever we hear the name of the Prophet (PBUH), in realty or in a recording we say “Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam”.. so I don’t think that its wrong to provide a reply Salaam to a recorded lecture.. ALLAH TALA knows best

BUT.. I have heard some lectures in which the speaker would specifically pass his Salaam to the viewers on TV or the listeners on Radio… Then it becomes FARD KIFAYA on you to reply the Salaam even if it is a recorded lecture.. ALLAH AZZAWAJAL knows the best..
So act upon the situation you face..

NOW COMES YOUR SECOND QUESTION ON DUA…

Well, in most of the lectures, the speaker might start his speech with the following Dua..

Al-hamdu Lillaahi nasta’eenahu wa nastaghfiruhu, wa na’oodhu billaahi min shuroori anfusinaa wa sayi’aati a’maalinaa. Man yahdih Illaahu falaa mudilla lahu wa man yudlil falaa haadiya lahu. Wa ashhadu an laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wa ashhadu anna Muhammadan ‘abduhu wa rasooluhu

(Praise be to Allaah, we seek His help and His forgiveness. We seek refuge with Allaah from the evil of our own souls and from our bad deeds. Whomsoever Allaah guides will never be led astray, and whomsoever Allaah leaves astray, no one can guide. I bear witness that there is no God but Allaah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger).

So basically as I understand, the Imaam is saying “WE” in most of the places… so he prays for all of us..
AS I UNDERSTAND… there is no problem in both saying Ameen and keeping quite… ALLAH TALA knows the best…

And then they would recite the following Quraanic verses....

‘Yaa ayyuha’lladheena aamanu-ttaqu’Llaaha haqqa tuqaatihi wa laa tamootunna illaa wa antum muslimoon

(O you who believe! Fear Allaah as He should be feared, and die not except in a state of Islam (as Muslims) with complete submission to Allaah.)’ [Aal ‘Imraan 3:102],

Yaa ayyuha’n-naas uttaqu rabbakum alladhi khalaqakum min nafsin waahidatin wa khalaqa minhaa zawjahaa wa baththa minhumaa rijaalan katheeran wa nisaa’an wa’ttaqu-Llaah alladhi tasaa’aloona bihi wa’l-arhaama inna Allaaha kaana ‘alaykum raqeeban

(O mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person, and from him He created his wife, and from them both He created many men and women, and fear Allaah through Whom you demand your mutual (rights), and (do not cut the relations of) the wombs (kinship) Surely, Allaah is Ever an All-Watcher over you).’ [al-Nisaa’ 4:1],

‘Yaa ayyahu’lladheena aamanu-ttaqu’Llaaha wa qooloo qawlan sadeedan
(O you who believe! Keep your duty to Allaah and fear Him, and speak (always) the truth).’ [al-Ahzaab 33:70]

So these are the messages for the audience…so..I think there is no need to say Ameen here…

ALLAH AZZAWAJAL KNOWS THE BEST…
CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG..
LETS SEE, WHAT WOULD THE OTHER MEMEBERS SAY…

FEE AMANILLAH:hearts:

abdul-aziz

I haven't heard too much on how to treat audio and video lectures by the scholars.

sheik uthaimin, rihma Allah, addressed this in a fatwa but not directly. He said to treat audio and video recording as you would reading a book or text. This is something of the past. His fatwa I was referring to is the one about whether playing a recording of surat Albagara in your house will remove shaytan. If I find the fatwa I will post it. In this fatwa he said no, but do note sheik bin baz, rihma Allah, said yes. To reconcile this, bin baz was addressing people at a time when the live radio was a medium and having personal recording was not common. While uthaimin answered it at a time when audio and video recording was the norm.

it wouldn't hurt to return salam because after all it is duaa. peace on to you and the return would be peace with you also. If you read let's say writings of ibn tamiyah, ra, when reading the salam I automatically say wa aleikum assalam. because in his grave I would like for him to have peace.

wa Allah ya'lam

:wasalam:

aslamjiffry

Hubbu Rasoolullah

As I know, for your first question on the Islamic greetings,,,
You see, When a person greets another person with Salaam, it becomes obligatory upon the person on whom the Salaam is told to reply him back with Salaam. IT IS FARD AYN…

When a person greets a group of people with Salaam, it becomes obligatory upon the group to reply him back with Salaam… THAT IS FARD KIFAAYAH..

Here in this case FARD KIFAAYA basically means that it would be sufficient for a single person from the group to say the reply Salaam.. But if even a single person fails to answer, then it would be counted as a sin on every single member of that particular group.. So if you know that some one from the audience who heard the lecture live said the reply, then its not FARD on you to say Salaam as I know. ALLAH TALA KNOWS BEST..

And if you feel like replying the salaam, I don’t think that it would be counted as a sin… I say this ‘coz, whenever we hear the name of the Prophet (PBUH), in realty or in a recording we say “Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam”.. so I don’t think that its wrong to provide a reply Salaam to a recorded lecture.. ALLAH TALA knows best

BUT.. I have heard some lectures in which the speaker would specifically pass his Salaam to the viewers on TV or the listeners on Radio… Then it becomes FARD KIFAYA on you to reply the Salaam even if it is a recorded lecture.. ALLAH AZZAWAJAL knows the best..
So act upon the situation you face..

NOW COMES YOUR SECOND QUESTION ON DUA…

Well, in most of the lectures, the speaker might start his speech with the following Dua..

Al-hamdu Lillaahi nasta’eenahu wa nastaghfiruhu, wa na’oodhu billaahi min shuroori anfusinaa wa sayi’aati a’maalinaa. Man yahdih Illaahu falaa mudilla lahu wa man yudlil falaa haadiya lahu. Wa ashhadu an laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wa ashhadu anna Muhammadan ‘abduhu wa rasooluhu

(Praise be to Allaah, we seek His help and His forgiveness. We seek refuge with Allaah from the evil of our own souls and from our bad deeds. Whomsoever Allaah guides will never be led astray, and whomsoever Allaah leaves astray, no one can guide. I bear witness that there is no God but Allaah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger).

So basically as I understand, the Imaam is saying “WE” in most of the places… so he prays for all of us..
AS I UNDERSTAND… there is no problem in both saying Ameen and keeping quite… ALLAH TALA knows the best…

And then they would recite the following Quraanic verses....

‘Yaa ayyuha’lladheena aamanu-ttaqu’Llaaha haqqa tuqaatihi wa laa tamootunna illaa wa antum muslimoon

(O you who believe! Fear Allaah as He should be feared, and die not except in a state of Islam (as Muslims) with complete submission to Allaah.)’ [Aal ‘Imraan 3:102],

Yaa ayyuha’n-naas uttaqu rabbakum alladhi khalaqakum min nafsin waahidatin wa khalaqa minhaa zawjahaa wa baththa minhumaa rijaalan katheeran wa nisaa’an wa’ttaqu-Llaah alladhi tasaa’aloona bihi wa’l-arhaama inna Allaaha kaana ‘alaykum raqeeban

(O mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person, and from him He created his wife, and from them both He created many men and women, and fear Allaah through Whom you demand your mutual (rights), and (do not cut the relations of) the wombs (kinship) Surely, Allaah is Ever an All-Watcher over you).’ [al-Nisaa’ 4:1],

‘Yaa ayyahu’lladheena aamanu-ttaqu’Llaaha wa qooloo qawlan sadeedan
(O you who believe! Keep your duty to Allaah and fear Him, and speak (always) the truth).’ [al-Ahzaab 33:70]

So these are the messages for the audience…so..I think there is no need to say Ameen here…

ALLAH AZZAWAJAL KNOWS THE BEST…
CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG..
LETS SEE, WHAT WOULD THE OTHER MEMEBERS SAY…

FEE AMANILLAH:hearts:

Jazakallah Khairah for the great explanation..........