A few questions...

WisdomSeeker

I just have a few questions which I would like to ask about Islam -

If a non-believer has pure intentions, does he/she go to Paradise?
What happens to animals after they die?
What is the Islamic viewpoint on the theory of evolution?
Does Islam encourage reason and science?
Is Islam consistent with reason and science?
If somebody reverts to Islam, then changes their mind and becomes atheist, would a final reversion to Islam forgive their sins, even after their earlier apostasy?
If you commit shirk and then revert to Islam, are you forgiven?

Thank you very much. I am about to begin reading the Qu'ran, so I would like to prior knowledge. Thank you very much.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:

only Allah can decide this....whether the person knew about Islam or not ,etc.
if a person knows about Islam, its necessary to accept the final message of God.

scholars have cited hadith that they will have judgment day....On the Day of Resurrection Allaah will gather the animals, and the scores among them will be settled. Then it will be said to them, “Be dust!” www.islamqa.com/en/ref/21679

Islam rejects the man came from monkeys. Allah made human.

so much of scientific knowledge in Quran too. www.islam-guide.com

if science and reason are right, then Islam is consistent.

If somebody reverts to Islam, then changes their mind and becomes atheist, would a final reversion to Islam forgive their sins, even after their earlier apostasy?
true repentance washes away sins.

yes, Allah forgives what happened before accepting Islam. new record starts for the person.

Abu Ameerah

As per the Saying of our Prophet (SAW), only a believer will enter Paradise.
Animal will not be resurrected.
Allah is the Most Merciful, He will forgive whom He wants. For as along as He is sincere and repent to Allah, He will be forgiven insha Allah
Insha Allah, Yes, you will be forgiven for as long as you are true to your Islam, then repent to Allah. Allah knows best.

Perseveranze

Doubt it. But keep in mind, even Muslims always say "Only way we'll enter Paradise is by God's mercy".

They'll be gathered to stand as witnesses against one another and against human beings (eg. A Person who is cruel to an animal, that animal will testify against that person on teh day of Judgement). Then be turned to dust.

From my understanding, we may believe in the evolution of animals and plants, but we don't believe in Human evolution. We don't believe we came from Apes.

Maybe these quotes by Orientilists can answer your question -

The number of verses in Qur’an inviting close observation of nature are several times more than those that relate to prayer, fasting, pilgrimage etc. all put together. The Muslim under its influence began to observe nature closely and this gives birth to the scientific spirit of the observation and experiment which was unknown to the Greeks. [Prof. K. S. Ramakrishna Rao]

The power that created in Muslims a ravenous appetite for knowledge sprung from the Qur’an. [Rev. B. Margoliouth]

It must be owned that all the knowledge whether of Physics, Astronomy, Philosophy or Mathematics, which flourished in Europe from the 10th century was originally derived from the Arabian schools, and the Spanish Saracen may be looked upon as the father of European philosophy. [John Davenport]

It is highly probable that but for the Arabs, modern European civilization would have never assumed that character which has enabled it to transcend all previous phases of evolution. For although there is not a single aspect of human growth in which the decisive influence of Islamic culture is not traceable, nowhere is it so clear and momentous as in the genesis of that power which constitutes the paramount distinctive force of the modern world and the supreme course of its victory -- natural sciences and the scientific spirit. What we call sciences arose in Europe as a result of a new spirit of inquiry; of new methods of investigation, of the method of experiment, observation, measurement, of the development of Mathematics in a form unknown to the Greeks. That spirit and those methods were introduced into the European world by the Arabs. [Robert Briffault]

Last time I checked it is. Not a single verse in the Quran goes against Modern Science

Yes, but keep in mind that the Quran says to enter into the faith wholeheartly.

Yes.

Thank you very much. I am about to begin reading the Qu'ran, so I would like to prior knowledge. Thank you very much.
This link may interest you - http://www.towards-understanding-islam.com/ (very good read this)

and

This link may interest you - http://www.theinimitablequran.com/