Brothers A friend from China

jinma

Dear sisters and brothers,

I am a Chinese living in Guangzhou, China. My hometown is located in Qinghai, which is adjecent to Tibet.
Today, I want to say something about my religion and current situation of Chinese muslim in China.

There are around 20 million muslims in China now, and this number is increasing. There are totally 56 groups in China, and the largest groups is Han, which covers 90% of Chinese population. And the rest of 55 groups are minorities.

Luckily, I am one of minorities in China, and was born in a muslim family. Chinese muslims are very friendly, if you are coming to China for a visit, we welcome you.

Also , you don't need to worry about food, because there are many muslim restaurants in every cities in China.

But you sould also be careful about the air pollution in China megacities, such as Beijng. you may choose a good weather to come to China.

That is all today I wish to share with you. I will check the alerts from time to time.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum Jinma, welcome to the site. It was lovely reading your introduction and about Muslims in China. We hear little about the Muslims in Xinjiang, they are persecuted? how is it there these days?

jinma

Well. I forgot to say something about myself.

Actually, I think I am a muslim, but not a real, a perfect muslim.

I believe Islam is a perfect way to guide our life, and it is also a whole set of social norms and legislation.

I know Quran has been kept in the form as same as it was written down 1400 years ago. Still, the old book can guide people's life today. It is amazing.

However, I know little about Quran and hadith. I have been accepting standard education in high schools and in colleges. Sometimes , I read a few pieces of Quran, and check the real meanings of them according hadith. Yet even though, I think I cannot understand all of Quran.

I am good at English ,but know nothing about Arabic. I have been heard of that Arabic in Quran is very beautiful, but unluckily I cannot read Arabic. So I only read some translations of Quran in Chinese, and a little English version of it.

People say that Quran is the language of Allah, so it is hard to understand. I am in agreement with them.

What I should emphasize is that translations of Quran are not good things becauses translations are always misleading. For example, Chinese translations of Quran cannot express the best meaning of Quran. In my opinion, English translations are better than Chinese ones.

I want to learn some Arabic as my third language, because it is the best way for non-Arabic speakers to be the best muslims. Anyway, learning in Islam is a course for full life.

jinma

Assalamu alaykum Jinma, welcome to the site. It was lovely reading your introduction and about Muslims in China. We hear little about the Muslims in Xinjiang, they are persecuted? how is it there these days?
Assalamu alaykum.

My hometown is very near Xinjiang. I think people are concerned about the situation of muslims in Xinjiang. As I know, they are in good situation, very good.

Admittedly, their religion has been restricted a little bit due to the riot caused by terrorists, but I think the whole society is in peace and people are leading a happy life now.

Xinjiang is a very large mixed community. As I said before, there are 56 groups in China, but they are all Chinese people, united and loved each other.

I cannot assure if they are persecuted, just because we cannot know even if they are persecuted. But everything will be better, I tend to believe there is no fault of government or Xinjiang people. Definitely it is the fault of those terrorists.