A question about Solomon

apocalypse77

hmmm..im abit ignorant abt this so I think i need to ask.i was wondering .Is the place that Solomon ordered the jinn to create still exist today?If Im not wrong its made glass right??

fatimabilals

Assalamualaikum
I think, as far as the knowledge I am having, the place is Masjidul Aqsa in Jerusalem. But I am not sure about it.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

Ofcourse it is Masjid-ul-Aqsa. Infact Prophet Sulaymaan (solomon) had died but Allah made him stay straight with the help of a stick so the Jinns thought Prophet Sulaymaan to be alive, so they kept on working on the building work of Masjid Aqsa, but when the termite ate the stick of Prophet Sulaymaan (A.S) then he dropped on the ground. So the jinns came to know that Prophet Sulaymaann (solmon) had died, so they ran away and left the building work incomplete but most of the part was completed.

Wassalaam,
VE

Globalpeace

Banned
Tomb of Soloman?

Asslamo Allaikum,

We don't have any authentic information about the tomb of Suleiman but the following verse of the Qur'aan talks about the incident that you are enquiring about.

This is a very important verse for us to learn from as Allah (SWT) Himself, Says:

But when We decreed death for him (Suleiman), naught showed them his death but a creature of the earth that ate away his staff; and when it fell down, the jinn came to know plainly that if they had known the unseen, they would not have tarried in abasing torment (034.014 )

This is what Brother VE has referred to in his story; summarised again as follows:

When Sulayman was to die, he stood up in prayer holding his cane. There he silently passed away, but, by Allah's will, did not fall. He remained in this position, and everyone including the Jinns thought that he was still alive. Finally Allah ordered a termite to weaken the cane so that the body of Sulayman fell. It was thereafter believed that the Jinn (along with all humans) did not know everything and only Allah had knowledge of all

then does the tomb of solomon still exist or not?

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
I don't want to misquote a hadith, so let me phrase it like this. Is there a strong ahadith quoting Hazrat Abu Bakr, referring to where the sahaba should bury RasoolAllah (peace be upon them both) said something about Allah commands the death of a Prophet at the place He intends His ab'd to be buried?

If this is the case, wouldn't Solomon (PBUH) be buried right there in his masjid?

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
I don't want to misquote a hadith, so let me phrase it like this. Is there a strong ahadith quoting Hazrat Abu Bakr, referring to where the sahaba should bury RasoolAllah (peace be upon them both) said something about Allah commands the death of a Prophet at the place He intends His ab'd to be buried?

If this is the case, wouldn't Solomon (PBUH) be buried right there in his masjid?

Brother there were many many Prophets who came to the area of Palestine. That is why Palestine is called the land of Prophets (A.S.) There are many Prophets buried. And Israel is occupying all those places. So it is not something very odd even if Prophet Sulaymaan (solomon A.S.) is buried near Masjid Aqsa and the jews are occupying that place.

After makkah and Madinatunnabee, the most sacred lang in the world is Palestine.

Wassalaam,
VE

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum Brother,

Yep; you are right.

I think I tried to clarify it in my answer, by referring to any lack of "authentic information about the tomb of Suleiman"

We know that Suleiman (AS) died & then the Jinn rebeled so no idea whether Sunnah was followed by a bunch of rebels or not...

Hence the statement about "lack of authentic information"

In other words you have described a "rule" whether it was followed or not; who knows (can't be certain).