A real jinn?

bemuslim

Jinn: Muslims and non-Muslims

The Quran and Sunnah (Prophet's sayings and actions) indicate that the jinn exist, and that there is a purpose for their existence in this life, which is to worship Allaah Alone, with no partner or associate. Almighty Allaah Says (what means): "And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me." [Quran 51:56] and also (what means): "O company of jinn and mankind, did there not come to you messengers from among you, relating to you My verses …?" [Quran 6:130]

The world of the jinn is an independent and separate world, with its own distinct nature and features that are hidden from the world of humans. Jinn and humans have some things in common, such as the possession of understanding and the choice between the way of good and the way of evil. The word jinn comes from an Arabic root meaning "hidden from sight". Allaah Says (what means): "… Indeed, he (Satan) sees you, he and his tribe, from where you do not see them. …" [Quran 7:27]

Allaah has told us in the Noble Quran the essence from which the jinn were created. He Says (what means): "And the jinn We created before from scorching fire." [Quran 15:27]

And also (what means): "And He created the jinn from a smokeless flame of fire." [Quran 55:15]

According to one prophetic narration that was narrated by 'Aa'ishah may Allaah be pleased with her the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) said: "The angels were created from light, the jinn were created from fire, and Aadam was created from that which has been described to you (soil)." [Muslim]

Types of jinn

Allaah, the Most Exalted, has created different types of jinn. Among them are some that can take on different forms, such as dogs and snakes; some who are like flying winds with wings; and some that can travel and rest. The Messenger of Allaah sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) said: "The jinn are of three types: a type that has wings, they fly through the air; a type that looks like snakes and dogs; and a type that stops for a rest then resumes its journey." [At-Tabaraani and others]

The jinn and the Children of Aadam

Every individual among the Children of Aadam has a jinn who has been appointed to be his constant companion (Qareen). Ibn Mas'ood may Allaah be pleased with him said: "The Messenger of Allaah sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) said: "There is not one of you who does not have a jinn appointed to be his constant companion." They (present companions may Allaah be pleased with them) said: "And you too, O Messenger of Allaah?" He sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) said: "And me too, but Allaah has helped me and he has submitted (became a believing Muslim), so that he only helps me to do good." [Muslim]

Their powers

Almighty Allaah has given the jinn powers that He has not given to humans. He has told us about some of their powers, such as the ability to move and travel quickly. A genie from among the jinn guaranteed to the Prophet Sulaymaan (Solomon) may Allaah exalt his mention that he would bring the throne of the Queen of Yemen to Jerusalem in a moment faster than that needed for a man to get up from where he was sitting. Allaah says (what means): "A powerful one from among the jinn said, “I will bring it to you before you rise from your place, and indeed, I am for this [task] strong and trustworthy.” Said one who had knowledge from the Scripture, “I will bring it to you before your glance returns to you.” And when [Solomon] saw it placed before him, he said, “This is from the favor of my Lord ...” [Quran 27:39-40]

The food and drink of the jinn

The jinn eat and drink. Ibn Mas'ood may Allaah be pleased with him said: "The Messenger of Allaah sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) said: "One the jinn called me, and I went with him and recited Quran for them.' He took me and showed me the traces of where they had been and the traces of their fires. They (his fellow jinn) asked him for food and he said: "You can have every bone on which the name of Allaah has been mentioned that comes into your possession, as meat, and all the droppings as food for your animals." The Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) said, "So do not use [these things] for cleaning yourselves [after relieving oneself], for they are the food and provision of your brothers.'" [Muslim]

The believing jinn may eat any bone on which the name of Allaah has been mentioned, because the Messenger sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) did not permit them to have anything on which Allaah's name has not been mentioned - those are for the disbelievers among the jinn.

The beasts of the jinn

According to the narration that was narrated by Ibn Mas'ood may Allaah be pleased with him that we have quoted above, the jinn asked the Messenger sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) for provision, and he said to them: "…and [you can have] all the droppings as food for your animals."

The dwelling-places of the jinn

The jinn live on this earth where we do. They are mostly to be found in ruins and unclean places like bathrooms, dunghills, garbage dumps and graveyards. Hence, the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) taught us to take precautions when entering such places, by reciting the Athkaar (supplications) prescribed by Islam. One of these was reported by Anas Ibn Maalik may Allaah be pleased with him who said: "When the Messenger of Allaah sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) used to relieve himself, he would say: "Allaahumma inni a'oothu bika min al-khubuthi wa'l-khabaa'ith (O Allaah, I seek refuge with You from the evil ones, male and female).'" [Al-Bukhaari]

Jinn: Muslims and non-Muslims

Almighty Allaah tells us in the Noble Quran that some of the jinn said (what means): "And among us are Muslims [in submission to Allaah], and among us are the unjust. And whoever has become Muslim — those have sought out the right course. But as for the unjust, they will be, for Hell, firewood.’" [Quran 72:14-15]

The Muslims among the jinn are of different levels as regards righteousness and piety. Allaah Says (what means): "And among us are the righteous, and among us are [others] not so; we were [of] divided ways." [Quran 72:11]

The story of the first jinn who became Muslim was narrated by 'Abdullaah Ibn 'Abbaas may Allaah be pleased with him who said: "The Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) went out with a group of his Companions ( may Allaah be pleased with them) heading for the marketplace of 'Ukaath. This was when the devils were prevented from getting any news from heaven, and shooting stars had been sent against them. The devils went back to their people, who said, 'What is the matter with you?' They said, 'We cannot get news from heaven, and shooting stars were sent against us.' Their people said, 'Nothing is stopping you from hearing news from heaven except some new event that must have happened. Go and look in the east and the west of the earth, and see if you can find out what it is that is stopping you from hearing news from heaven."

Those who went out in the direction of Tihaamah came upon the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) in (a place called) Nakhlah, when he was on his way to 'Ukaath, and found him leading his Companions in Fajr (dawn) prayer. When they heard the Quran, they listened to it and said, 'By Allaah, this is what is stopping us from hearing news from heaven.' When they went back to their people, they said as Allaah tells us in the Quran (what means): "Indeed, we have heard an amazing Quran [i.e. recitation]. It guides to the right course, and we have believed in it. And we will never associate with our Lord anyone." [Quran 72:1-2]

Then Allaah revealed to His Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) the verse (which means): "Say, [O Muhammad], “It has been revealed to me that a group of the jinn listened and said, “Indeed, we have heard an amazing Quran..." [Al-Bukhaari]

Their reckoning on the Day of Resurrection

The jinn will be called to account on the day of Resurrection. Mujaahid may Allaah have mercy upon him said, concerning the verse (which means): "…but the jinn have already known that they [who made such claims] will be brought [to punishment]." [Quran 37:158]

"They will be brought to judgement." [Al-Bukhaari]

Protection from the harm of the jinn

Because the jinn can see us while we cannot see them, the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) taught us many ways to protect ourselves from their harm, such as seeking refuge with Allaah from the accursed Shaytaan (Satan), reciting chapters Al-Falaq and An-Naas (the last two chapters of the Quran), and reciting the words taught by Allaah in the Quran (which mean): "And say, “My Lord, I seek refuge in You from the incitements of the devils. And I seek refuge in You, my Lord, lest they be present with me." [Quran 23:97-98]

Saying Bismillaah (in the Name of Allaah) before entering one's home, before eating or drinking, and before having intercourse with one's spouse will also keep the devil from entering the house or partaking with a person in his food, drink and sexual activity.

Similarly, mentioning the name of Allaah before entering the toilet or taking off one's clothes will prevent the jinn from seeing a person's private parts or harming him, as the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) said: "To put a barrier that will prevent the jinn from seeing the 'Awrah (parts of the body that must be covered in Islam) of the Children of Aadam, let any one of you say 'Bismillaah' when entering the toilet." [At-Tirmithi]

Strength of faith and religion in general will also prevent the jinn from harming a person, so much so that if they were to fight, the one who has faith would win. 'Abdullaah Ibn Mas'ood may Allaah be pleased with him said: "A man from among the Companions of Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) met a male jinn. They wrestled, and the man knocked down the jinn. The man said to him, 'You look small and skinny to me, and your forearms look like the front paws of a dog. Do all the jinn look like this, or only you?' He said, 'No, by Allaah, among them I am strong, but let us wrestle again, and if you defeat me I will teach you something that will do you good.' The man said, 'Fine.' He (the jinn) said, 'Recite (the verse, which means): "Allaah- there is no deity except Him, the Ever- Living, the Sustainer of [all] existence …" [Quran 2: 255]

The man said, 'Fine.' He said, 'You will never recite this in your house but the Satan will come out of it like a donkey breaking wind, and he will never come back in until the next morning.'" [Ad-Daarimi]

sanan khan

jinns are existing. its oky. they are also follow different faith. but in the above video its only computer tick and nothing else.