A word from the heartland

labrat49

Greetings: I am starting to think that that there may be in various parts of the world a misconception about how the people in the mid part of the USA think and I would like to use this forum to maybe comment on this somewhat. I am not sure that this is the place so if you will give me some feed-back we will see where that goes. Some of my history, I served in the US Army 1969 to 1975 as an infantryman and served 14 months in Vietnam more on that some other time. I, Living here in Montana have a good feeling for how this neo-con take over of america came about and it's not with G. Bush One has to get down to the roots of this countrys misguided fall into christian fundimentalism which is a pox on this entire country. Peace and harmony to all of you the Labrat.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Hi, welcome to the Site Labrat49, I will move this Topic into the TurnToIslam Lounge.

You can view the different sections of this site by going to the following in http://www.turntoislam.com/forum

I hope to get some more Army veterans here, inshaAllah as there are quite a few who are serving in the army now, and who were in it before. There are Marines in Iraq, Falluja, who access this website and have recently turned to Islam and become Muslim.

The majority of people who use this website are from UK and USA, however we have people from all over the world including Iraq. So its a truly global website, alhamdulilah.

The war mongers are definately abusing our country's people. For they do not send there own children into battle. Unfortunately, the Christian Right is dangerous and spread many misconceptions and hatred of Islam. Both Tony Blair and George Bush have admitted that their Christian beliefs played an important part in deciding to go to war.

The policy in the Middle East is definately the main reason that we have any problems between the West and the Muslim world.

However, suprisingly both Blair and Bush deny that the foreign policy, such as the Iraq war plays any part in fermenting terrorism. Instead, they say that the people wish to fight against the "values and freedom" of our countries. This is quite absurd. Nevertheless whatever the reasons that may be given, Islam does not condone any actions of violence against innocent people.

George Bush stated a few days ago that he is fighting against "Islamic Facists". This does not improve the situation at all, and one can only wonder at why such emotive language is used.

I hope people will understand and communicate with one another, and possibly share the good of each culture.. although, that seems quite distant considering the information we see on our biased media.

Feel free to discuss issues and talk with us, this site is open to all reasonably minded and sincere people. Any types of religion, country bashing is not allowed on this site as that contradicts the teachings of Islam. People need to realise that there are good and bad in all places. And this is one of the main purposes of the site, to promote better understanding

Take Care.