About Pork

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Bible & Quran say: DO NOT EAT PORK
Both the Bible and the Quran prohibit the eating of pork. Muslims are aware of this prohibition and observe it strictly. In the book of Levitic, chapter 11, v.7, it is recorded that God declare the pig to be unclean for believers. Then, in verse 8, God says You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you. This command is repeated in Deuteronomy 14:7-8. Then , in Isaiah 65:2-3, and 66:17, God issues a stern warning against those who eat pork.

Some people are aware of this prohibition from God, but they say that they can eat pork because St. Paul said that all food is clean in his letter to the Romans 12:20. St. Paul said this because he believed (as he wrote in his letter to the Ephesian 2:14-15) that Jesus (P.B.U.H) commandment and regulations. He seems, however, to have misunderstood what he heard about Jesus (P.B.U.H). In the Gospel According to Matthew 5:17-20, Jesus (P.B.U.H) is reported to have said quite the contrary, as follows: Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law Jesus (P.B.U.H) then went on in that passage (in verse 19) to denounce anyone who would break the smallest command and teach others likewise. He also praised his true followers who will practice and teach even the smallest commandment. One of the commandments, as we have seen, is to stay away from pork.

This is why the true followers of Jesus (P.B.U.H), holding on to his teaching, did not let unclean food such as pork enter their mouths, so that Peter, the chief disciple, can say, I have never eaten anything impure or unclean (Acts of the Apostles, ch. 10, v. 14)

Five chapters later in the Acts of the Apostles, 15:29, we find that the original disples still differentiate between clean and inclean foods, and this time Paul is in agreement with them. Six chapters later, in ch.21, v. 25, their decision to impose food regulation on believers is mentioned without regret, and this time Paul is challenged to prove that he is in agreement with them; and he demonstrated his full agreement with them.

What remains, then, is that Jesus (P.B.U.H), upheld the prohibition against pork. His disciples also upheld it, and so must all his followers. Those who fail to uphold it need to be informed and reminded of this rule from God. This is one reason why God send His final messenger, (P.B.U.H). God says:

O people of the Scripture ! Now has Our Messenger come unto you, expounding unto you much of that which you used to hide in the Scripture, and forgive much. Now has come unto you light from Allah and a plain Scripture
( The Meaning of the Glorious Quran 5:15)

(I got this from a market and thought of putting this valuable piece of work on the web)

Mixedup

Salaam

Really interesting. Been brought up as a Christian and having all the usual lessons on Christianity etc not once have I ever been told that Pork is not allowed if you are Christian. Funny isn't it how things are left out!!!!
However when reverting it was one of the first things I learnt.
All of my Christian friends eat pork and would not beleive the Bible says this!!
Thanks for sharing

Isra

aka Tree2008
As-Salamu Alaikome....

I was brought up Catholic in a family that didnt really practice but the only thing that I remember being taught was not to eat ANY meat on Fridays. I did hear its not good to eat pork after I was an adult but it was friends who told me and I cant even remember the reason. Its not until I began to learn about Islam that I finally understood WHY we shouldnt eat pork.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Salaam

Really interesting. Been brought up as a Christian and having all the usual lessons on Christianity etc not once have I ever been told that Pork is not allowed if you are Christian. Funny isn't it how things are left out!!!!
However when reverting it was one of the first things I learnt.
All of my Christian friends eat pork and would not beleive the Bible says this!!
Thanks for sharing

:salam2: sis
lol i actually know this time ur a sis :) anywayz alot of ppl dont believe it u tell them many times it says in Old testament but they say they believe in new this and that :) i found somethig that really makes them think :) here is a quote from teh new testament

"And the swine, because it divides the hoof, yet does not chew the cud, it is unclean unto you: you shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase." - Leviticus 11:7,8; Deuteronomy 14:8

I think it would be reasonable to ask this at this point either ur not christian or thats not the real bible...
:) hope it helps
:wasalam:

gazkour

Quote:

"lol i actually know this time ur a sis anywayz alot of ppl dont believe it u tell them many times it says in Old testament but they say they believe in new this and that i found somethig that really makes them think here is a quote from teh new testament

"And the swine, because it divides the hoof, yet does not chew the cud, it is unclean unto you: you shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase." - Leviticus 11:7,8; Deuteronomy 14:8
"

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato.

Leviticus and Deuteronomy don't belong to the New Testament but to the Old one.

Christians will also say that everything from the Law was invalidated after Paul's teachings, even if it is still found in the NT they will argue that it was before Paul.

May Allah guide us all.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Quote:

"lol i actually know this time ur a sis anywayz alot of ppl dont believe it u tell them many times it says in Old testament but they say they believe in new this and that i found somethig that really makes them think here is a quote from teh new testament

"

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato.

Leviticus and Deuteronomy don't belong to the New Testament but to the Old one.

Christians will also say that everything from the Law was invalidated after Paul's teachings, even if it is still found in the NT they will argue that it was before Paul.

May Allah guide us all.

:salam2:

bro/sis im sure what to say well i got this quote from a website so to confirm i tried searching on the website www.biblegateway.com well i get this verse in some versions and in some i dont Well i get the verse in the King James version not sure if thats old or new, i thought it was new can someone please help
thank u

gazkour

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato

Brother, I used to be christian for many years and I still keep my Bible handy, I also made some biblical studies and I can assure you that these two books belong to the Old Testament.

May Allah guide us all.