Ahadees and Sunnah.

gangstaat

Allah Hu Akbar
:salam2:
i would like to know
are all Sunnah's in Ahadees or some sunnah's not in ahadees?
i don't know its too confusing.
and what's all this Ahl-e-hadees and ahl-e-sunnah stuff?
aren't Sunnah and Ahadees the same?
i don't get it.
:wasalam:

samiha

---------
Staff member
wa alaykum salam

Hadith : Reports on the sayings and the traditions of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) or what he witnessed and approved are called Hadith. These are the real explanation, interpretation, and the living example of the Prophet (s.a.w.) for teachings of the Qur'an. His sayings are found in books called the Hadith books.

Some famous collectors of Hadith are Imam Al-Bukhari, Imam Muslim, Imam An-Nasa'i, Imam Abu Dawood, Imam At-Tirmizi, and Imam Majah. There are many others.

Ahadith: Plural of Hadith (More than one hadith)

Sunnah: Reports on the sayings and the traditions of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) or what he witnessed and approved are called Hadith. These are the real explanation, interpretation, and the living example of the Prophet (s.a.w.) for teachings of the Qur'an. His sayings are found in books called the Hadith books.

Some famous collectors of Hadith are Imam Al-Bukhari, Imam Muslim, Imam An-Nasa'i, Imam Abu Dawood, Imam At-Tirmizi, and Imam Majah. There are many others.

From USC-MSA Glossary

******My Own Point*******

I can be wrong in this explanation, so if I am, please correct me:

Hadith and Sunnah are really close. So closely interwined, i dont know much difference between them. Hadith can be anything said by the prophet :saw:. They can be practically anything. Whether it's an interpration of an Ayat, or just an explanation of a situation etc. Sunnah... is more what the Prophet :saw: did, and we try to apply ourselves in our actions. Of three types are ... (yikes, my own spellings) Cali, Fi'li, and Takriri.

Cali - being actions the Prophet :saw: personally said to do. ex - eating with the right hand is sunnah, as he :saw: said that

Fi'ili - those in action. Things the prophet :saw: personally did and someone saw and reported. ex - made the rows to prayer straight by patting the companions on the back etc...

and takriri - Approval by silence. things he saw, and did not speak out against shows his approval. ex - the man who did 2 rakah sunnah after fajr, and the prophet :saw: came up to him and told him that the sunnah of fajr was before and theh man said he did not pray them before, so he did them now, and the prophet :saw: was silent. Showing his approval/ or acceptance of the act.

((the examples are relative)) So sunnah is more like an act i suppose, something that is supported by hadith, but we should also strive to follow.

ok i'm going in circles. I'm sure this didn't make much sense. Sorry :redface: hope you get a better answer :inshallah:

wasalam

gangstaat

Allah Hu Akbar
I call my self just "A MUSLIM" but i dunno y people differentiate.
i think both are same just want to fight for no reason.
May ALLAH give us all hidaya to follow the correct path.
PLEASE PLEASE ALLAH HELP US!!!!