al-Fawzan: Belittling the scholars equals belittling the prophets

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
Jazakallahu Khair for sharing this wonderful video with us...

I know about Shaikh Alabani, Ibn Uthaymeen and many Alhamdulillah. But I never knew about Shaik Fawzan.... Can any one tell me about him plz???

Shishani

Staff member
Wa iyyaaki.

He is one of Kibâr Ulamâ of our time.

Shaykh Ibn Baaz said, "ask Fawzaan for fatwa". Another man was mentioned, so he said, "for fiqh, but ask Fawzaan for fatwa", or words to that effect.
He was also asked, about salafiyyah and about its scholars, and he answered: "From them are Ibn 'Uthaymeen, Saalih al-Fawzaan, Abdullaah al-Ghudayyaan, Abdul-Azeez Aal ash-Shaykh". The 4th is the current mufti (after Ibn Baaz).

Ibn Uthaymeen was asked shortly before his death, "to whom should we turn to after you?", and he answered: "To shaykh Abdur-Rahmaan al-Barraak and shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan."
So we see how shaykh Fawzaan was in the eyes of the 2 Imaams of our time. He is a member of Lajnah ad-Daimah (the Permanen Committee for fatwa's) and Hay-at Kibar al-Ulama (Committee of major scholars).

He is one of the most authoritive scholars in Saudi Arabia, and he's very knowledgeable in matters of aqeedah.
The Shaykh is about 76 years old. May Allaah preserve him.

See biography at:
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3546