Al-Walaa Wal-Baraa Based On Ignorance, By Ibn ‘Uthaymeen

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
One might imagine some practice to be compulsory, basing that belief upon his ijtihaad that is incorrect. Would that he stopped there! But he then goes on to judge the worth of others based on his mistaken view, and this is the problem.

If someone does not agree with his opinion, even though it is wrong based on proofs from the Quraan and the Sunnah (1), he will hate and abhor that person. But if someone agrees with him, he will love him, even though that person who agrees with him is upon the same bid’ah as he is upon.

All it takes to achieve his unmitigated love is for someone to agree with him. And again, this is the problem.

I do not want to belabour the point regarding this specific issue, but it is one that is common among the youth; they show support for one who issues an Islaamic ruling that is in agreement with their preconceived view, and they disassociate themselves from one who rules otherwise, a way of going about things that is clearly wrong.

Footnotes:

(1) Elsewhere the shaykh says, “In issues that people do not clearly understand, one might be led to believe that there is consensus among the scholars to support his view. But had he researched the issue, he might have found that a scholar who holds an opposing view has such cogent proofs with him that he should in fact follow that scholar, submitting to hi view.”

[The Islaamic Awakening, By Ibn 'Uthaymeen, p. 32 & 209]

http://theauthenticbase.wordpress.c...al-baraa-based-on-ignorance-by-ibn-uthaymeen/

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
examples of issues where there is a LEGIT differencof opinion:

1) feet by feet. ibn uthaymen was of the opinion that you do NOT do feet by feet.

2) Garment above ankles. Many scholars say its legit to have TROUSERS below ankles bcz the prophet (saw) said 'isbaal is in three, turban, izhaar and ridaa' (tirmidhee-saheeh)

3) Saying 'ya muhammad'. This is legit in and of itself as long as the niyyah is not calling out to him (saw), tho still best 2 avoid.

4) reciting fatihah behind the imam. The opinion of imam bukhari and ibn uhaymeen, plus many othr scholars is u say fatihah behind the imam EVEN IN THE LOUD prayers, where the imam is reciting it aloud (eg, in fajr, maghrib and isha).

5) Doing ghusl for jumuah. legit diference of opinion among scholars. some say wajib, some say recommended (i go for this opinion).

6) Doing istinjaa AFTER wudhoo. This is a legit opinion. Maybe even the stronger opinion.

7) NOT joining the salah if the lines are al full and there is no1 o join u in a nw row (bin baaz's opinion)

8) folding hands on chest AFTER rukooh (ibn al-Qaayim and ibn uthaymeens opinion)

9) Doing the finger thing between the 2 sujood (ibn al-Qaayim and ibn uthaymeens opinion)

10) having wudhoo for tawaaf. legit difference of opinion.

11) music being halaal.. lol just kiding, no difference of opinion here!

Many others, just said these from the top of my head, *smile*

user expired!

JazakAllahukhayr, May Allaah reward you brother and i Hope everything is ok with you know.
The funny thing is that i used to be so harsh on people due some of the points you mentioned (especially points 1 and 2), but now i follow the opposite opinion.

We ask Allaah to forgive us and Have mercy on us and enter us into Paradise.