Aljazeera English Channel Promotional Video

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Aljazeera are launching an English Language News Channel. It is set to revolutionise the way the world will get their information. It may be a good chance for people to learn about the Middle East and Islamic World from another, hopefully clearer perspective than with the rubbish we normally get.
[vg]-3850704812372567053[/vg]

The_truth_pls

:salam2:

Poor.... Aljazeera Channel isn't aired in Pakistan! I would love to see the Documentaries.

Brother, Aljazeera is biased against Pakistan, like many arabs governments and the people. There is no support for Kashmir for Pakistan. Even on Aljazeera website when you spot a Kashmir or Pakistan related news item, you will find Aljazeera showing Kashmir (all of it) as part of India. Aljazeera is a secular news channel after all. Dear brother for our consistant support for Palestine and not recognising Isreal what did we get in return? no Arab government ever voiced support for the Kashmiri right of freedom from Indian occupation.

umm hussain

Are you talking about the Al-Jazeera news channel in English? If it is the news channel you are talking about, it already exists for those people who have Sky digital.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

Aljazeera is a SECULAR ARAB Channel & not Islamic; so lets have a distinction. I do however take the point that it is better to have news from a secular Arab perspective then an American capitalist perspective HOWEVER please note that neither the former nor the later is an ISLAMIC perspective.

Islam is NOT about Arab Nationalism or Pakistani Nationalism. That's precisely what the media has done in the last 30 years (to divide & sub-divide us into fragments):

1) First Palestine was turned into an ARAB problem…the Arab-Israel war of 1967 and so on
2) Now Palestine is a Nationalist issue i.e. it only concerns Palestinians

Please note that there are ONLY 16%-18% Arabs amongst Muslims and Palestine is an Islamic problem and concerns 100% of all the Muslim (Arabs + Non-Arabs)…Lets not let the media spread its HASHISH & for all of us to get STONED on it ; hook, line & stinker.

They do have Al-Jazeera in English in Pakistan on Satellite & they also have it on SKY in England.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Brother, Aljazeera is biased against Pakistan, like many arabs governments and the people. There is no support for Kashmir for Pakistan. Even on Aljazeera website when you spot a Kashmir or Pakistan related news item, you will find Aljazeera showing Kashmir (all of it) as part of India. Aljazeera is a secular news channel after all. Dear brother for our consistant support for Palestine and not recognising Isreal what did we get in return? no Arab government ever voiced support for the Kashmiri right of freedom from Indian occupation.

Yes, I agree that is bad, Kashmir should be shown as not having anything to do with either Pakistan or India !

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu

Kashmir was never a part of either the so-called region of modern India or Pakistan. In fact to be very frank and true the regions of India,Pakistan and Bangladesh were colonized by the British, brought under their own rule and then divided them into 3 parts.

The Result :-
1) Terror, violence in India as each and every state wants freedom from the so called Indian Regime. Would you call them Terrorists or Freedom fighters?

2) Pakistan, created to consist Muslims, but now being ruled by a Hypocrite following the orders of Bush and Blair. Dont have 1st hand reports, as to how it was ruled over the decades after the so-called Independence. Hope somebody would enlighten on that.

3) Bangladesh, the first muslim state to fight with another muslim state (pakistan) in order to create a nation of Bengal. Still call themselves to be muslims. Is this what the ummah all about ? Killing its own brothers for the sake of creating a nation upon the culture of bengali.Also Bangladesh War was helped by India to defeat Pakistan.

The problems are unlimited.

wa/salam

fahad96

Fahad
Better than what they call CNN or BBC
I like to watch both channels in Arabic and English
and they real cover all concerning Muslim Umma where you wont get from other channels.
Please be there

Fahad

ilmseeker

Asalaam

It's an okay channel, but I think sometimes they cross many lines in trying to appeal to the west! However the documentaries are good, and the perspective isn't COMPLETELY biased like so many other channels. But I wouldn't rely on it to get all of my daily news. Even an "alternative" news station needs an alternative! :p

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum !

brothers and sisters i really cant say much about the tv channel but yes i have seen their website and beleive me there language tells me that theres something fishy ......... i really cant trust those guys.

Ma'ssalaam

ilmseeker

Well maybe some people here would prefer Syrian state televison and Al Manar.

Umm....yes, actually I would prefer those channels!! Lol, atleast they speak the WHOLE truth! :lol: I don't know about this syrian state tv you speak of, but as for the Hezbollah tv...if I spoke arabic lol...I would defenitely give it a view or two!! :hijabi: You can just view things from one news channel you know? You see, that would end up with you being brainwashed....close-minded....you have to have a full scope of things....

:hijabi:

brothers and sisters i really cant say much about the tv channel but yes i have seen their website and beleive me there language tells me that theres something fishy ......... i really cant trust those guys.

Ma'ssalaam

Wa'alaykum Asalaam!!

Yeah, I know what you mean. THat is why it is best to not take everything they say to heart...until you see the other channels...

:)