Allaah Has Named us Muslims, So Why Ascribe Ourselves to the Salaf?

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

lol

take it easy people.....

QUESTION TO ALL THOSE WHO OPPOSE THIS MAIN POST: .

Just a question/thought..

Love u all for the sake of Allaah (really I do!)

*smile*

:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu....

sobahnallah brother your post is so red:)

well they are either silly or they just love their sect.in any case it's there choice just like yours.if i associate myself to TTI and make a name call TTIAN it's coz i love the site.however making it obligatory on every member to call him/herself a TTIAN(in your case salafi)is not good.

all those naming and grouping has made the ummah feeble and weak and it's one of the main reasons ppl don't do research and fine what's authentic themselves.coz they have associated themselves to someone to the extend of worshipping them instead of islam(salaf guys are exception to this{atleast there scholars are for sure.no buttering.that's what i've observed).and they believe it's an insult to them and their sect if they so much as pick another persons book.

*smile* to you too akhi.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
From his [the Prophet](salalahu aleihim wa salam ) statement,

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah",

It can be learnt that if parties (ahzaab) within the ummah emerge in increasing numbers then one should not affiliate himself to a party (hizb). In the past, many groups have appeared; Khawaarij, Mu'tazilah, Jahmiyyah, Shee'ah, even Raafidah. Then there appeared, later on Ikhwanis, Salafis, Tablighis, and all those like them. Put all of them to one side and take [the path] ahead. Which is what the Prophet salalahu aleihim wa salam guided to. "Adhere to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the rightly guided caliphs." No doubt, it is obligatory for all Muslims to adopt the way of the salaf as their madhhab, not affiliation to a specific party (hizb) named, "The Salafis". It is obligatory for the Islamic Ummah to adopt the way of the salaf as-salih as their madhhab, not bigotry to those called "the salafis". Pay attention to the difference: There is the way of the salaf, and there is a party (hizb) called "the salafis".

It is obligatory for the Islamic Ummah to adopt the way of the salaf as-salih as their madhhab, not bigotry to those called "the salafis". Pay attention to the difference: There is the way of the salaf, and there is a party (hizb) called "the salafis".

You have quoted only a part of Sh Uthaymeen's lecture on this matter. If the lecture was posted in it's entirety, you would understand clearly what he was trying to say.

Anyhow, ascription to the salaf (being called 'salafi') is different to creating a sect called 'the salafi'. There is a clear difference. A person can be for one and be against the other. There is no conflict in these ideas. But one which you haven't understood so far (or I think you haven't).

If you watch the below video, you can see Sh Uthaymeen rahimullah talking about being part of Salafiyyah and 'Salafi' over and over.

[yt]yvbfQBxAgnc[/yt]

Also if you get rid of the 'text speech' in your posts and try to review your posts before posting, it would be easier to follow your thoughts easily. I had a hard time following most of what you said.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

This topic appears perhaps once every season/quarter, and goes down the same route every time. I don't think there is anything new to be said.

I think we all agree on the need to follow the Qur'aan and Sunnah with the understanding of the salaf, and those who traverse their way, alhamdulillaah. As long as we do just that, that's what really matters. The naming is another issue. But what is interesting is that I haven't found a single one of the Salaf, whom we love and take as models, assert that we should say we are Muslims and leave it at that. In fact, this seems to be a rather alien idea to their way and Allaah knows best.

Their statements show that they saw nothing wrong with making ascription to Ahl us-Sunnah/Ahl ul-Hadîth and they too would use terms like athari, salafi, hanafi, maliki, shafi`i and hanbali etc. to describe their madh'hab and creed. In the case of creed, such terms were used to distinguish them from ahl ul-bid`ah, who also claimed to be 'sunni' like they did. The naming is for clarifications sake; you need not to wave it around over your head in every given moment of your life.

Allaah knows best.

Was-salaam

saif

lol

take it easy people.....

QUESTION TO ALL THOSE WHO OPPOSE THIS MAIN POST:

Why is it that a person can call themselves a shee'ah yet nobody says 'we r muslims not shee'ah'

Why is it that a person can call themselves a brelwee yet nobody says 'we r muslims not brelwis'

Why is it that a person can call themselves a hanafee yet nobody says 'we r muslims not hanafees'

Why is it that a person can call themselves a soofee yet nobody says 'we r muslims not soofees'

Why is it that a person can call themselves a maalikee yet nobody says 'we r muslims not maalikees'

Why is it that a person can call themselves a deobandee yet nobody says 'we r muslims not deobandees'

Yet why is it, when a salafee stands up and says 'i am a salafee' people attck this person left, right and center?

peo[ple have been calling themselves names throughout history and nobody rejects tp the matter... but when a salafee says 'I am a salafee' people wanna attack him/her saying 'no we shud b caling ourselves muslims'....

Just a question/thought..

Love u all for the sake of Allaah (really I do!)

*smile*

:salam2:
Shia, brelavis, deobandis marginalize themselves by calling themselves other than muslim. How else can you deviate from "wa la tafarraqu" if not by finding for yourself a name other than muslim and finding for others names other than muslim?

If you want to go the same path as shia, brelavis, deobandis, the choice is yours. However, I would have expected you to be better than them. The diffferences in the opnion among salaf has caused discussions among them but never ever a change of identity. Do you want to follow the salaf?

:wasalam:

Abu Talib

Feeling low
The followers of the salaf are those who adhere to the Qur’aan and Sunnah in their beliefs, fiqh and conduct and do not go against what is proven in the Qur’aan and Sunnah and what is agreed upon by the salaf of this ummah.

Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan (may Allaah preserve him) said: What is meant by the salafi madhhab is the way of the salaf (early generations) of this ummah, namely the Sahaabah, Taabi’een and prominent imams with regard to issues of ‘aqeedah, sound method, sincere faith and adherence to the beliefs, laws, etiquette and conduct of Islam, unlike the innovators, deviants and those who are confused. Among the most prominent of those who advocated the madhhab or way of the salaf were the four imams, Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah and his students, Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Wahhaab and his students, and other reformers and renewers; there is no era when there was not someone who is establishing evidence for the right way. There is nothing wrong with calling them Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah, so as to differentiate between them and the followers of deviant groups. This is not praising oneself, rather it is distinguishing between the people of truth and the people of falsehood. End quote. [Al-Muntaqa min Fataawa al-Shaykh al-Fawzaan, 1/question no. 206.]

Imaam Ahmad bin Taymiyah [d.728H] - rahimahullaah - said:
“There is no defect in spreading the madhab (way) of the Salaf and ascribing oneself to it, rather it is obligatory to accept this by agreement. Indeed, the madhab of the Salaf is nothing except the truth.”
[Majmoo’ul - Fataawaa 4/149)]

Imaam adh-Dhahabee [d.748H] - rahimahullaah - said:
“It is authentically related from ad-Daaraqutnee that he said; There is nothing more despised by me than ‘ilmulkalaam (innovated speech and rhetorics). I say: No person should ever enter into ‘ilmul-kalaam, nor argumentation. Rather, he should be a Salafee (a follower of the Salaf).” [Siyar A’laamun-Nubalaa (16/457)]

Imaam Abdul Azeez bin Abdullaah bin Baz [d.1420] - rahimahullaah - was asked, ‘What do you say about the one who calls himself ‘as-Salafi’ and ‘al-Athari’, is this a term of commendation? So he replied: “If he is truthful in saying that he is Atharee or Salafee, then there is no problem. This is like what the Salaf used to say, ‘So and so is Salafee, or so and so is Atharee’. This is a term of commendation from which there is no escape, rather it is a term of commendation that is obligatory.”

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
As-salaamu `alaykum

This topic appears perhaps once every season/quarter, and goes down the same route every time. I don't think there is anything new to be said.

I think we all agree on the need to follow the Qur'aan and Sunnah with the understanding of the salaf, and those who traverse their way, alhamdulillaah. As long as we do just that, that's what really matters. The naming is another issue. But what is interesting is that I haven't found a single one of the Salaf, whom we love and take as models, assert that we should say we are Muslims and leave it at that. In fact, this seems to be a rather alien idea to their way and Allaah knows best.

Their statements show that they saw nothing wrong with making ascription to Ahl us-Sunnah/Ahl ul-Hadîth and they too would use terms like athari, salafi, hanafi, maliki, shafi`i and hanbali etc. to describe their madh'hab and creed. In the case of creed, such terms were used to distinguish them from ahl ul-bid`ah, who also claimed to be 'sunni' like they did. The naming is for clarifications sake; you need not to wave it around over your head in every given moment of your life.

Allaah knows best.

Was-salaam

i like your answer.

jazakallah khairan..

:wasalam:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu...