am i crazy?? possosesd?? mad?? help!!!

A

abdul ghaleeb

a-oodu billaah min esh-sheytan nir rajim

I seek refuge with Allaah(swt) from the Satan the Accursed

On friday morning i experienced the most weird thing that has ever happened to me. It was right after fajr prayer. After fajr i went right back to sleep. Then suddenly while lying in my bed i felt this strangest thing that i have ever felt. It felt as if suddenly a great weight was upon me. I felt paralysed and could not move or breath. it felt as if something had entered me and i wasn't control of myself. then suddenly the great weight was gone and i felt it left my body and then i was free. after that i started to shiver alot..

from this experience i raised alot of questions but havent told my family or anyone else. This is the second time something like this has happened.
I am realy scared
i thought first it might be a jinn. i immediatly said surah en-naas and el-falaq after the weight had left me. but i question if it was a jinn because it is ramadhaan and i thought the shaytans are supposed to be locked up during this blessed month. The best way to describe it would be as Great weight and then after a few seconds the weight was gone i shivered alot and i felt really cold.
does anyone with more knowledge then me in religion and in medics know what this great weight could be???
but whatever it is Only Allaah(swt) knows in the end

we selaam

your brother in slavery in Islam

najbc

Assalam

You might want to talk mosque brother. They know more about jinn symptoms than anyone. But I really hope you feel better and read more qurran and it is really good idea to tell your family. Who knows what it will be.

A

abdul ghaleeb

but i question if it was a jinn..i spent all night praying and got only 5 hours of sleep. why would Allaah(swt) open the doors to a shaytan in my body if i was praying all night and is ramadhaan??

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Wa alaikumussalaam,

That happens to me too in the middle of sleep and being awake. I would sometimes call out for help but no voice would come out but Alhamdulillaah my lips are automatic in reciting verses even though I think I'm sleeping. Inshaa'Allaah just seek refuge to Allaah swt and recite all the verses you know especially Ayat'ul Qursi.

May Allaah swt keep us away from the dangers of Shaytaan AMEEN

koala

yikes

:salam2:

sorry to hear about that:( thats very scary...but i dont think youre possessed (inshallah)..something very similar happened to my friend....she told me she felt a weight on her legs and she couldnt move....she thought it was her brother but when she looked around there was noone....she seems pretty ok to me ...not possessed at all 7amdillah (at least thats what i think) ....i have no idea what it could be though...who knows there might be some medical reason for it (i hope)....God protect us:$..................

try reading ayatul kursi before you go to sleep and sleep with the quran near you ...if you feel uncomfortable at all do tasbee7 until you fall asleep....

A

abdul ghaleeb

do you think maybe it was jibreel(saws)??? remember muhammed(saws) described his revelations as great weight was suddenly upon him??? annd now its the last ten days of ramadhaan arent the angels supposed to descend one night?? but i question if it was a blessed angel because why would an angel visit a perverted slave like me???

alllahu alim

A

abdul ghaleeb

Wa alaikumussalaam,

That happens to me too in the middle of sleep and being awake. I would sometimes call out for help but no voice would come out but Alhamdulillaah my lips are automatic in reciting verses even though I think I'm sleeping. Inshaa'Allaah just seek refuge to Allaah swt and recite all the verses you know especially Ayat'ul Qursi.

May Allaah swt keep us away from the dangers of Shaytaan AMEEN

thats another one of my symptoms. i couldnt speak either. i tried to move my lips but no wordds came out

BintMuhammad

Staff member
do you think maybe it was jibreel(saws)??? remember muhammed(saws) described his revelations as great weight was suddenly upon him??? annd now its the last ten days of ramadhaan arent the angels supposed to descend one night?? but i question if it was a blessed angel because why would an angel visit a perverted slave like me???

alllahu alim

No one would be able to answer who and what exactly it was. Wallaahu Ahlam. Just seek refuge from Allaah swt for whatever it was.

koala

perverted hehehe .....i dont think it was jibraeel.....if it was shouldnt you be feeling happy instead of horrified? i dont think jibraeel comes down any more after the death of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) correct me if im wrong.....maybe its some weird kind of reflex reaction...alot of times when im asleep or juuuust on the verge of falling asleep i feel like im falling and then suddenly in my hazy dream i try to brace myself and i suddenly twitch in real...like i feel myself twitch while im sleeping.... it sort of jerks me awake too....

happy 2 b muslim

perverted hehehe .....i dont think it was jibraeel.....if it was shouldnt you be feeling happy instead of horrified? i dont think jibraeel comes down any more after the death of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) correct me if im wrong.....maybe its some weird kind of reflex reaction...alot of times when im asleep or juuuust on the verge of falling asleep i feel like im falling and then suddenly in my hazy dream i try to brace myself and i suddenly twitch in real...like i feel myself twitch while im sleeping.... it sort of jerks me awake too....

lol today i fell out of bed NO JOKE i jump like cAT with ,my sheets and HIT THE HARD FLOOR SUBHANALLAH..lol

A

abdul ghaleeb

.something very similar happened to my friend....she told me she felt a weight on her legs and she couldnt move....she thought it was her brother but when she looked around there was noone....she seems pretty ok to me ...not possessed at all 7amdillah (at least thats what i think) ....i

it was a weight like something had grabbed the inside of my whole body . i felt the weight seizing from the inside not the out

BintMuhammad

Staff member
It was reported in Saheeh al-Bukhaari that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) entrusted me with the task of looking after the Zakaat of Ramadaan. Someone came to me and started to scatter the food about, so I grabbed hold of him and said, ‘I will take you to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)!’… He (that intruder) said: ‘When you go to your bed, recite Aayat al-Kursi, then there will stay with you a protector from Allaah, and no shaytaan (devil) will approach you until morning comes.’ The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘He spoke the truth even though he is a liar; that was a shaytaan.’” (Hadith no. 4624). It is Sunnah to recite it, and it should be recited in a voice that you can hear. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

abou haytam

salam o aliokom

it happen to me too, i am awake and i hear people around me, i would like to scream and aske for help but i have no energy, it s like all my body is turned off except my mind. and as you said i felt a huge weight on me. it happen to me many times years ago.

i don t think it jinn brother, just make duaa befor sleepng and incha allah you will be fine.

salam

BrotherZak

salam o aliokom

it happen to me too, i am awake and i hear people around me, i would like to scream and aske for help but i have no energy, it s like all my body is turned off except my mind. and as you said i felt a huge weight on me. it happen to me many times years ago.

i don t think it jinn brother, just make duaa befor sleepng and incha allah you will be fine.

salam

salam

Brother i've experienced something like that before, i did research and its called SLEEP PARALYSIS..its common and it usually goes away...

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
you know this heavy weight you are descibing happens to me alot, i have like fight my body to and then I will awake, I thought it was a normal feeling. But when I was child, someone once told me it was a witch riding you back.........subhana 'allah I know longer believe in that and then once I remember in class where my teacher told us then when you body begins to fall asleep, it sort siffens up, a way of protecting the body or something. But it would nice thought to think that I have angels like Jibreel coming down ...............Allahu Alim:hearts:

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
Sleep Paralysis​

Sleep paralysis is a condition characterized by temporary paralysis of the body shortly after waking up (known as hypnopompic paralysis) or, less often, shortly before falling asleep (known as hypnagogic paralysis).[1]

Physiologically, it is closely related to the paralysis that occurs as a natural part of REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, which is known as REM atonia. Sleep paralysis occurs when the brain awakes from a REM state, but the bodily paralysis persists. This leaves the person fully aware, but unable to move. In addition, the state may be accompanied by hypnagogic hallucinations

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
Symptom
The primary symptom of sleep paralysis is partial or complete skeletal muscle paralysis during the hypnopompic or hypnagogic states. In other words, it is the sense of being aware that one is unable to move or speak while falling asleep or waking up. Sleep paralysis may also be accompanied by hypnagogic hallucinations.[2] These hallucinations can be auditory, tactile, and/or visual. The person affected by sleep paralysis may have trouble breathing, as if something was standing on top of his chest. Combined with visual and auditory hallucinations, this can make the person feel scared of an evil presence, such as a witch (therefore the name "Old Hag Syndrome"). Sufferers of sleep paralysis often report intense feelings of terror and dread after witnessing such a "malevolent presence" or "intruder" in a familiar setting such as a bedroom

aaminah

now this explains what happens to me years ago whenever i sleep in the afternoon. i remember forcing myself to move but couldn't and is also very scared and so i keep on praying to God to help me. there was also an instance wherein after forcing myself to move, i was able to seat down but i felt i left my body, i was so scared to turn around and see and so i just lie down again and sort of adjusted myself to fit exactly to my body. so this is the hallucination thing? it felt very real.

A

abdul ghaleeb

okay i guess its just sleep paralysis.
no reason to overreact.
thanks for your guys's help
we selaam

A

abdul ghaleeb

Sleep paralysis(from wikipedia)

Sleep paralysis is a condition characterized by temporary paralysis of the body shortly after waking up (known as hypnopompic paralysis) or, less often, shortly before falling asleep (known as hypnagogic paralysis).[1]

Physiologically, it is closely related to the paralysis that occurs as a natural part of REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, which is known as REM atonia. Sleep paralysis occurs when the brain awakes from a REM state, but the bodily paralysis persists. This leaves the person fully aware, but unable to move. In addition, the state may be accompanied by hypnagogic hallucinations.

More often than not, sleep paralysis is believed by the person affected by it to be no more than a dream.[citation needed] This explains many dream recountings which describe the person lying frozen and unable to move. The hallucinatory element to sleep paralysis makes it even more likely that someone will interpret the experience as a dream, since completely fanciful, or dream-like, objects may appear in the room alongside one's normal vision.
Contents
[hide]

* 1 Symptoms
* 2 Possible causes
* 3 Treatment
* 4 Cultural references
* 5 Sleep paralysis in literature, art and music
* 6 Notes
* 7 References
* 8 External links

[edit] Symptoms

The primary symptom of sleep paralysis is partial or complete skeletal muscle paralysis during the hypnopompic or hypnagogic states. In other words, it is the sense of being aware that one is unable to move or speak while falling asleep or waking up. Sleep paralysis may also be accompanied by hypnagogic hallucinations.[2] These hallucinations can be auditory, tactile, and/or visual. The person affected by sleep paralysis may have trouble breathing, as if something was standing on top of his chest. Combined with visual and auditory hallucinations, this can make the person feel scared of an evil presence, such as a witch (therefore the name "Old Hag Syndrome"). Sufferers of sleep paralysis often report intense feelings of terror and dread after witnessing such a "malevolent presence" or "intruder" in a familiar setting such as a bedroom.

If a polysomnograph is taken, at least one of the following will be shown: skeletal muscle tone suppression, REM sleep at sleep onset, or dissociated REM sleep. The paralysis can persist anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes before the person is able to either return to REM sleep or to become fully awake[2]. If the person returns to REM sleep yet remains fully aware, they are likely to enter lucid dream state.[3]

[edit] Possible causes

Sleep paralysis occurs during REM sleep, thus preventing the body from manifesting movements made in the subject's dreams. Very little is known about the physiology of sleep paralysis. However, some have suggested that it may be linked to post-synaptic inhibition of motor neurons in the pons region of the brain. In particular, low levels of melatonin may stop the depolarization current in the nerves, which prevents the stimulation of the muscles, to prevent the body from enacting the dreamt activity (e.g. preventing a sleeper from flailing his legs when dreaming about running).

Many people who commonly enter sleep paralysis also suffer from narcolepsy. However, various studies suggest that many or most people will experience sleep paralysis at least once or twice in their lives.

Some reports read that various factors increase the likelihood of both paralysis and hallucinations. These include: [4]

* Sleeping in an upwards supine position
* Irregular sleeping schedules; naps, sleeping in, sleep deprivation
* Increased stress
* Sudden environmental/lifestyle changes
* A lucid dream that immediately precedes the episode. Also conscious induction of sleep paralysis is a common technique to enter a state of lucid dreams, also known as WILD[1] .
* Artificial sleeping aids, ADD medications and/or antihistamines
* Recent use of hallucinogenic drugs

[edit] Treatment

During paralysis episodes, patients may be advised to try moving the facial muscles and moving eyes from one side to the other. This may hasten the termination of the attack.

Clonazepam is highly effective in the treatment of sleep paralysis.[5] The initial dose is 0.5 mg at bedtime, while an increase to 1 mg per night might be necessary to maintain potency. Anecdotal reports indicate SSRIs such as fluoxetine markedly decrease the incidence of sleep paralysis. Several people who have been both on and off SSRIs have reported corresponding decreases and increases in sleep paralysis episodes. Others report no effects at all.

[edit] Cultural references

Complete references to many cultures are given in the References section

* In Japanese, sleep paralysis is referred to as kanashibari (金縛り, literally "bound or fastened in metal," from kane "metal" and shibaru "to bind, to tie, to fasten"). This term is occasionally used by English speaking authors to refer to the phenomenon both in academic papers and in pop psych literature.
* In Hungarian folk culture sleep paralysis is called "lidércnyomás" ("lidérc pressing") and can be attributed to a number of supernatural entities like "lidérc", "boszorkány" (witch), "tündér" (fairy) or "ördögszerető".[6] The word "boszorkány" itself stems from the Turkish root "bas-", meaning "to press".[7]
* Kurdish people call this phenomenon a "mottaka", they believe that some one, in a form of a ghost or perhaps an evil spirit, turns up on top the of the person in the middle of the night and suffocates him/her. Apparently this happens usually when some one has done something bad.
* In New Guinea, people refer to this phenomenon as "Suk Ninmyo", believed to originate from sacred trees that use human essence to sustain its life. The trees are said to feed on human essence during night as to not disturb the human's daily life, but sometimes people wake unnaturally during the feeding, resulting in the paralysis.
* In Turkey this is called "karabasan" ("black-pressing"). It is believed that it is a creature which attacks people in their sleep.
* In Mexico, it´s believed that sleep paralysis is in fact the spirit of a dead person getting on the person and impeding movement, calling this "se me subió el muerto" (the dead person got on me).
* Ogun Oru od a traditional explanation for nocturnal disturbances among the Yoruba of Southwest Nigeria; ogun oru (nocturnal warefare) involves an acute night-time disturbance that is culturally attributed to demonic infiltration of the body and psyche during dreaming. Ogun oru is characterized by its occurrence, a female preponderance, the perception of an underlying feud between the sufferer's earthly spouse and a ;spiritual' spouse, and the event of bewitchment through eating while dreaming. The condition is believed to be treatable through Christian prayers or elaborate traditional rituals designed to exorcise the imbibed demonic elements. [8]
* Several studies have shown that African-Americans may be predisposed to isolated sleep paralysis also known as "the witch is riding you," or "the haint is riding you." [9] In addition, other studies have shown that African-Americans who have frequent episodes of isolated sleep paralysis, i.e., reporting having one or more sleep paralysis episodes per month coined as "sleep paralysis disorder," were predisposed to having panic attacks. [10] This finding has been replicated by other independent researchers [11] [12]