America at a Crossroads

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
Starting on 15 April, 07 a series of documentaries will be airing on Public Television that probably concerns all of us who have the ability to watch it. I will quote from their website describing the series :

This series of 11 documentaries, hosted by journalist Robert MacNeil, explores the challenges confronting the world post 9/11 - including the war on terrorism; the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan; the experience of American troops; the struggle for balance within the Islamic world and Muslim life in America; and perspectives on America's role in the world. Additional films will air as specials following the premiere.

An extensive media and outreach campaign in more than 25 cities accompanies the series - creating a national dialogue that includes screenings and discussions with U.S. military personnel, leading policy experts and leaders of the Muslim American community; an integrated Web presence; and educational initiatives.

The Corporation for Public Broadcasting is generally seen as a very liberal media outlet. I hope that, inshallah, these documentaries will show us in a clearer, more positive light here in America. Here is a link to the site I was referring to :

http://www.pbs.org/previews/crossroads

wa salam

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum,

Thank you brother American Muslim for starting this thread. I hope that this series of documentaries will help dispel the common misconceptions of Islam in the eyes of the common American person.

PBS has aired some very good documentaries about Islam in the past. I hope they continue this trend.

Best regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salam,

PBS is not bad...please take time to see which companies financed the doc. My fear is we are watching the liberal (mostly Jewish) media portray us.

OnlyOne

I hope this turns out to be good as well. Although, they're showing a documentary called "Faith without Fear" by a person named Irshad Manji, a woman no Muslim should pay attention to. I'm going to be very criticla when viewing all of the documentaries they show.