And finally... Things to be noted

Natalie

Things to be noted:
1. Jesus tells her “Touch me not”.
However, when Jesus meets his disciples later, he asks them to touch him and handle him, but here he forbids her. The reason: As a good Muslim, he avoids being touched by the lady.
2. Jesus says: " I am not yet ascended to my Father: "
That means he knew that he was supposed to ascend only, as the Almighty had already informed him through the angel. His statement shows that he did not expect himself to die, nor resurrect, but only ascend.
f) The same day evening, Jesus appears before his disciples and says: “Peace be unto you”, (i.e., Assalaamu Alaikum,) as a Muslim.
g) Luke 24:13 to 24:24 is quoted below. In this event, two disciples walking together while going to a village, are joined by Jesus. Jesus enquires them as to what they are talking and why they are sad. They narrate the whole story from being condemned to death to the vision of angels at the sepulchre. If it were Jesus who suffered all that, then he would not pretend ignorance and listen again to all that which he himself has suffered, as they think. Only because he was absent and went on the pilgrimage to Mecca, he did not know of what happened in his absence and, hence, he is enquiring and listening to the whole story.
Luke 24:13 And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem [about] threescore furlongs.
24:14 And they talked together of all these things which had happened.
24:15 And it came to pass, that, while they communed [together] and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.
24:16 But their eyes were holden that they should not know him.
24:17 And he said unto them, What manner of communications [are] these that ye have one to another, as ye walk, and are sad?
24:18 And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto him, Art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which are come to pass there in these days?
24:19 And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people: 24:20 And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him.
24:21 But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.
24:22 Yea, and certain women also of our company made us astonished, which were early at the sepulchre;
24:23 And when they found not his body, they came, saying, that they had also seen a vision of angels, which said that he was alive.
24:24 And certain of them which were with us went to the sepulchre, and found [it] even so as the women had said: but him they saw not.”
This is another proof that it was Judas who suffered death at the cross.
h) Back in Jerusalem, Jesus has another session with the eleven disciples:
1. “Luke 24:36 : And as they thus spoke, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and says unto them, Peace [be] unto you.
24:37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.” Having seen the dead body of Judas, they were now 100 % sure of his death. Hence, when Jesus appears there with Judas’ face, they are terrified and affrighted and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
2. Luke 24:38: “And he said unto them, Why are you troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
24:40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them [his] hands and [his] feet.”
John repeats similarly in 20:20 :
John 20:20: “And when he had so said, he shewed unto them [his] hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.”
From the above, we can understand fully well, that Jesus’ face is not the identity of the person, at that moment, because it looked like Judas’. Hence, “Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself” and “when they saw his hands and his sides they were glad they saw the Lord ”
3. John 20:30 “And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book.”
Most important of which should be: restoration of his face, as it looked before.
The Bible does provide a clue that Jesus' face was restored to its original appearance, before his ascension unto heaven.
In the verse of John 21:12, which is in the context of the events just before his ascension, it is written:
“ Jesus saith unto them, Come [and] dine. And none of the disciples durst ask him, Who art thou? knowing that it was the Lord.” This time, there is no need to see his hands and his feet to know that it is Jesus.
Now, it is time to thank the Almighty for opening our eyes to the truth, by accepting Islaam. We now know for certain that:
1. There is no God except Allaah; and
2. Muhammad (peace be upon him) is a slave and a messenger of Allaah and the last of the prophets, whom all the people have to follow. This has been foretold in The Bible.
3. Idols and graven images are forbidden.
4. Allaah sent messengers to all nations.
5. Jesus (peace be upon him) too is a messenger of Allaah, but sent only for (the lost sheep of) the house of Israel.
6. Jesus is a creation of Allaah; he is not His son and has no portion whatsoever in His Sovereignty.
7. Jesus was not killed, nor crucified. It was his betrayer who was killed on the cross.
The next time you see a cross, you would know that it is not a sign that relates to Jesus, but something that denotes the punishment his betrayer deserved and got.
But..., should we have a memorial to commemorate the betrayer of a mighty messenger of God ?
Qur'aan: 5: 83 to 86
83. When they listen to that which has been revealed unto the messenger, you see their eyes overflow with tears because of their recognition of the truth. They say: Our Lord, we believe ; write us down as among the witnesses.
84. How should we not believe in Allaah and that which has come unto us of the truth and we hope that our Lord will admit us to the company of the righteous folk.
85. Allaah has rewarded them for what they said : Gardens underneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide for ever. That is the reward of the good people.
86. But those who disbelieve and deny Our signs, they shall be companions of hell-fire.
Peace be upon you..