Anger :/

rightpath_357

Asalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Ramadan Mubarak!

Now- I know we have a LOT of threads asking about breaking our fasts and if they're still valid. I hope no one minds me adding another one to the list :lol:

If you get angry during your fast and act on that anger, does your fast break?
What if you get angry but do not act on it?

And if you plead for forgiveness on the same day will your fast count?

JazakAllah Khayran.

Salam :D

The_truth

Asalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Ramadan Mubarak!

Now- I know we have a LOT of threads asking about breaking our fasts and if they're still valid. I hope no one minds me adding another one to the list :lol:

If you get angry during your fast and act on that anger, does your fast break?
What if you get angry but do not act on it?

And if you plead for forgiveness on the same day will your fast count?

JazakAllah Khayran.

Asalaamu Alaikum, no your fast does not break however the more bad things we do whilst we are fasting then the less reward we get for our fast. Of course if we repent and try our utmost not to do any bad things then Allah may pardon us and reward us fully for our fast if we ask of him sincerely and with remorse.

Whilst we are fasting we should not act the same as we do when we are not fasting. So whilst fasting we should make much more effort to avoid any sins particularly major ones.

Regarding anger here are the following tips to help us control our anger:

Controlling anger

Whilst we are fasting then there is much more chance that we will lose our temper and become angry and this is because we are deprived of food, drink and sleep. So it is even more important that we do everything in our power to control our anger when it arises so that we do not end up ruining our fasts.

So what steps can we take to control our anger?

1. Saying the word of protection:

a`ûdhû billâhi min ash-shaytân ir rajîm

2. Changing bodily posture:

So when angry, sit down if standing — and lie down if sitting.

3. Washing the face etc, arms, hands:

Make ablution with water.

Medicines recommended by Imam Al-Ghazalî for controlling anger

Below the medicines of anger after one gets angry. This medicine is a mixture of knowledge and action.

The medicine based on knowledge is of six kinds:

(1) The first medicine of knowledge is to think over the rewards of appeasing anger, that have come from the verses of the Quran and the sayings of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam). Your hope for getting rewards of appeasing anger will restrain you from taking revenge.

(2) The second kind of medicine based on knowledge is to fear the punishment of God and to think that the punishment of God upon me is greater than my punishment upon him. If I take revenge upon this man for anger, God will take revenge upon me on the Judgement Day.

(3) The third kind of medicine of anger based on knowledge is to take precaution about punishment of enemity and revenge on himself. You feel joy in having your enemy in your presence in his sorrows, You yourself are not free from that danger. You will fear that your enemy might take revenge against you in this world and in the next.

(4) Another kind of medicine based on knowledge is to think about the ugly face of the angry man, which is just like that of the ferocious beast. He who appeases anger looks like a sober and learned man.

(5) The fifth kind of medicine based on knowledge is to think that the devil will advise by saying:
" You will be weak if you do not get angry!" Do not listen to him!

(6) The sixth reason is to think: " What reason have I got to get angry? What Allah wishes has occured!"

So let us act upon this and train ourselves not to get anger so that we may apply this to the rest of our lives inshallah.

Let us also try to refrain from all sins whilst fasting and use the rest of this blessed month to try and correct ourselves and our characters and personalities.

rightpath_357

JazakAllah Khayran sis for that wonderful reply :)

It's because I once heard a story where the Prophet (pbuh) was out walking during Ramadan and saw a woman yelling at a servant. She was breathless with anger and continued screaming at the servant until her face was red. He went to her and said "Why don't you go inside and have something to eat?" She became shocked and said "Oh no RasulAllah! I am fasting today!" The Prophet (pbuh) then said: If you do not leave getting angry than Allah (SW) has no need of you to give up food and drink.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalaamu Alaikum, no your fast does not break however the more bad things we do whilst we are fasting then the less reward we get for our fast. Of course if we repent and try our utmost not to do any bad things then Allah may pardon us and reward us fully for our fast if we ask of him sincerely and with remorse.

Wasalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu. . .

Jazakallahkhair.

JazakAllah Khayran sis for that wonderful reply :)

It's because I once heard a story where the Prophet (pbuh) was out walking during Ramadan and saw a woman yelling at a servant. She was breathless with anger and continued screaming at the servant until her face was red. He went to her and said "Why don't you go inside and have something to eat?" She became shocked and said "Oh no RasulAllah! I am fasting today!" The Prophet (pbuh) then said: If you do not leave getting angry than Allah (SW) has no need of you to give up food and drink.

Can you quote the reference please?

Wannabemuslim

:salam2: Ask any of my friends, i get angry A LOT!! ( a lot), to much than what healthy, so jakaz allah khair, this thread is a big eye opener

rightpath_357

Wasalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu. . .

Jazakallahkhair.

Can you quote the reference please?

Here sis- I can't exactly quote it but I DO have a link:

http://ashraf786.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=stories&action=display&thread=9218

JazakAllah Khayran sister Aapa :) It was very useful

Brother Wannabemuslim - Hopefully you'll have some luck improving your temper this Ramadan.

I know I'll need it. Thank you for all the replies! You've turned me from

this: :angryblue::angryblue::angryblue: into this : -----> :SMILY149::SMILY149::SMILY149: