Angola bans Islam.

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
24_-_Destroyed_mosque-650x487.jpg

According to several newspapers, the tiny African country of Angola has become the first country in the world to ban Islam and Muslims.

The Angolan Minister of Culture, Rosa Cruz e Silva was quoted by news agencies and Angola newspapers as saying, "The process of legalisation of Islam has not been approved by the Ministry of Justice and Human rights, their mosques would be closed until further notice."

As part of the ban, the Angolan government ordered the demolition of the mosques in the country.

According to Silva, the decision was the latest in a series of efforts to ban "illegal" religious sects in the country. Silva's statement was made during her appearance last week at the 6th Commission of the National Assembly.

According to the minister, the move was necessitated in order to fight the emergence of congregations whose worshipping is contradictory to the customs of Angola culture.

Not just Islam, many other faiths which have not been legalised will face closure of their houses of worship.

Silva further said, "All sects on the list published by the Ministry of Justice and Human Rights in the Angolan newspaper 'Jornal de Angola' are prohibited to conduct worship, so they should keep their doors closed," she was quoted by Cameroon Voice?.

"In addition, we also have a long list of more than a thousand legalization applications," she added.

Speaking about it, Angolan President Jose Eduardo dos Santos said, "This is the final end of Islamic influence in our country."

Taken from: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...slam-muslims-mosques-demolished/1/326414.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Inna lillahi wa inna ilahi raji'un.

“The process of legalization of Islam has not been approved by the Ministry of Justice and Human Rights [and so] their mosques would be closed until further notice.”

..."Justice", "Human Rights" & "Equality" of ahlul kufr.

-------------------------------------------

EDIT:-
Officials at the Southwest African nation’s Washington embassy have denied the reports as erroneous:

http://www.onislam.net/english/news/africa/466345-angola-denies-reports-about-islam-ban.html

Allahualam, whats happening there.

Last edited:

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
:salam:

This is quite shocking subhaanallaah. I know a Muslim family who lives there that I haven't spoken to in quite a while. May Allaah `azza wa jalla aid the Muslims down there.

khadijah-abdul

SubhanAllah i saw this earlier and saw a photo of how they have even knocked down a mosque, oh my heart just sank for those poor brothers and sisters in Islam who are being persecuted for choosing how they wish to live, plus being denied something so simple that should be a basic human right.

amyaishazouaoui

Assalaamu alaikum,

This is from Sheikh Khalid Yassin's FB status yesterday.
Sheikh Khalid Yasin
@mufti Ismail Menk - ANGOLA STORY UNTRUE. Upon verification from Angloan scholars it was found that the story of Islam being banned in Angola is completely fabricated. Sadly, the demolition of all structures that were built without proper documentation, planning, procedure etc was carried out. This happened to include some religious structures too, amongst them a Masjid. Interestingly the picture doing its rounds is not even from Angola but the Middle East. This happened quite some time back but is being carried mischievously by some media houses. It is important that Muslims only build Masaajid after proper approvals etc to avoid this. It has happened in other countries before. Please clarify the truth with those who have become emotional about the so called banning of Islam in Angola. May Allah Almighty grant us a lesson and safeguard the Deen. Aameen

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
wa alaikum asalaam wa rahmatullah

Human rights activists condemn crackdown though officials in largely Catholic nation insist reports of ban are exaggerated

Angola has been accused of "banning" Islam after shutting down most of the country's mosques amid reports of violence and intimidation against women who wear the veil.

The Islamic Community of Angola (ICA) claims that eight mosques have been destroyed in the past two years and anyone who practises Islam risks being found guilty of disobeying Angola's penal code.

Human rights activists have condemned the wide-ranging crackdown. "From what I have heard, Angola is the first country in the world that has decided to ban Islam," said Elias Isaac, country director of the Open Society Initiative of Southern Africa (Osisa). "This is a crazy madness. The government is intolerant of any difference."

Officials in the largely Catholic southern African nation insist that worldwide media reports of a "ban" on Islam are exaggerated and no places of worship are being targeted.

Article continues:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/nov/28/angola-accused-banning-islam-mosques

:eek:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalaamu alaikum,

This is from Sheikh Khalid Yassin's FB status yesterday.
Sheikh Khalid Yasin
@mufti Ismail Menk - ANGOLA STORY UNTRUE. Upon verification from Angloan scholars it was found that the story of Islam being banned in Angola is completely fabricated. Sadly, the demolition of all structures that were built without proper documentation, planning, procedure etc was carried out. This happened to include some religious structures too, amongst them a Masjid. Interestingly the picture doing its rounds is not even from Angola but the Middle East. This happened quite some time back but is being carried mischievously by some media houses. It is important that Muslims only build Masaajid after proper approvals etc to avoid this. It has happened in other countries before. Please clarify the truth with those who have become emotional about the so called banning of Islam in Angola. May Allah Almighty grant us a lesson and safeguard the Deen. Aameen

wa alaykum salam

That is not Khalid Yasin official page, and also I tried to find Ismail Menk's post. I can not find anything official from his facebook or his twitter. So it might be a fake menk post.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Amin, seems there are a lot of human rights abuses there. Angola is oil rich, so not a lot is said about the place normally.

Anas_L

Young Muslim
So is this a real or fabricated story? I read about it but was hesitant to spread the word elsewhere. Shame on them if it is true, I'd go there myself to defend the muslims as Allah the al-mighty has allowed us to in the Qur'an. We need to stand up for our muslim brothers and sisters even if it costs us our lives.

May Allah return to us the way of our precursors and give us the strength and dignity to defend our fellow Muslim families. Ameen.