Animate beings in avatars

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam:

Does nobody else have a problem with the number of avatars with people in them floating around? I thought TTI had discouraged using pictures of people in avatars, and it was a good rule, but now people-avatars seem to be rampant around the site.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Pictures of people might not be allowed but hopely you still accept smiley ones like mine.

If not, I will change to there chocolate cake picture.

:p

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
:wasalam: ukhty
Does nobody else have a problem with the number of avatars with people in them floating around?

I definitely do. Have seen quite a few of them round myself. But the good thing is they're not all active members. So all is khayr inshaa'Allaah.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
:bismillah1:
:wasalam:

Does nobody else have a problem with the number of avatars with people in them floating around? I thought TTI had discouraged using pictures of people in avatars, and it was a good rule, but now people-avatars seem to be rampant around the site.

I noticed this a while ago and had to check it out. There are no site rules against these pictures, we can post and discuss issues around modesty and photography, but it is for members to make their own minds up. I guess with social networks, people are more used to putting up avatars of themselves.

I also do not like pictures of people being used. But we can only check people are thinking through the issues, and if they want to use such pictures, that is their choice.

May Allah swt guide us to beneficial choices.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
:salam:

In the words of the Amir of TTI: "we did (do) have a no self-picture rule". : ) Why that isn't included in the rules, I'm not sure. But maybe Mabsoot can explain more inshaa'Allaah.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa barakaatuh,

I remember Br. Abu Sarah posting a big thread on photography and pictures, and then an announcement on TTI of how no pics were allowed in avvies.