Any Ideas????

shaz_1999

Salamz everybody, hope everyone is ok.

Anyway I just want to say that for the past year I have been struggling with my life in general. All I want to do is stay in bed all day and do nothing at all.

I get bored all the time I find I have no point in life (I have not though of taking my own life, I’m not sure what I think really)

Anyway I make myself go out with my mates and family and if no one can go out with me I just go out for a walk. As a family we have had a lot of stuff going on and for some reason at that time I have been quite level headed. I just do not know what the hell to do to make me feel wanted and no longer alone. I have a big support network family and friends.

I must say that all my friends and family find me quite a weird person as I get obsessive about weird things. I know I am stress head and everyone who knows me think the same. I just do not know why I feel alone all the time and get upset or crazy about little things all the time. I find it hard to concentrate on anything.

My family and friends are worried about well I am worried about myself. I am just wondering has anyone got any tips on not feeling alone all the time and any ideas.

I am sorry if I am not making sense but this is the best I can do in this weird head of mine.

Thank you all for taking the time to help me and please remember me in your duas Inshallah I will remember you 2.

:salam2:
I wanted to tell you that taking your life is not a solution to any problem and is HARAM in Islam. So dont even talk about that. Second you need to divide your time into 3 Parts.
1. Time for Allah and praying
2. Time for your family and friends
3. Time for yourself.
When you only think of yourself and your time you will get bored. cause there are 24 hours in a day. Out of which we sleep 6-8 hours.So 16 hours are left. Divide that into 3 so for each part you have 5 hours 20 mints.

shaz_1999

I have never thought about taking my own life I know it is totally Haram, I am aware of that and I could never ever do that to my family. I just wanted to state that I have never thought about it because of the way I sounded.
I pray 5 times daily its what gets me out of bed.
I have tried to make time for my friends and family but it hasnt stoped this feeling in fact it makes me feel worse and more alone then ever.
I just need some advice on what else I can do or if anyone has been through this already. How do I stop this feeling?

slave.of.AllahSW

AssalamoAlaikum wr wb,
I know somebody that went through the same situation. Alhumdulillah that person is all fine now. not only that he is out of this situation, he has a totally new personality. He was in a worse condition I think, as he use to cry alot. couldnt help it either. He would lock himself in room all day and wouldnt come out for 3 days at a stretch or more.
now, what really honestly helped him, even though he tried everything possible. Alhumdulillah, the Qur'aan! I know it is easier to say, but you got to do it. when ever you feel lonely or unwanted or just want to be by urself. read Qur'aan. I wish I could show you how different that person is now. read Quraan even if you read it daily. read more and more... try getting adicted to it! InshaAllah, it will help you alot. AAMEEEN! we will all keep you in our prayers.

Jazakallahu khairun

shaz_1999

Jazakallah for that.

I make myself do things so I am as bad inshallah now I am going to try and pray the Quran alot more, Inshallah it will help me.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
:bismillah:
shaz - Insha'Allah I will keep you in my Du'a.

I have felt this way a LOT in my life. It stopped after my reversion to Islam in October. I read the Qur'an, prayed, made Du'a, and Allah has made me a better person; inside and out.

Look at this link that I found: http://www.darussalam.com/product_reviews_info.php?products_id=447&reviews_id=4

If you have any extra money (it looks like it's 8.50 British pounds; roughly $16) you should buy it. Granted, I just found out about it but from the rating and one testimonial it looks as if it'll help you.

Like someone else has suggested; continue praying and reading the Qur'an. It'll help you; I can say this from personal experience.
:wasalam:

ripefig

First I want to let you know that your family extends way beyond the people you know or the people who know you. We are all Bros/Sis in Islam. We are like one body, when one part hurts the whole body feels it. The symptoms you are describing seems to be depression. Millions of people around the world suffer from this condition. Some require medical attention. Personally I think there is always help in reciting the Quran and performing the Salaat. I still think you should discuss your situation with a trusted religious person in your community and see what your options are from an Islamic prospective. Insha Allah I will make Dua for you.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum Sister,

I do have some training in counselling so this is not off the cuff advise but please feel free to visit a professional as they can interact & offer specific advice.

Many people (Muslim/Non-Muslims) go through what you have described at some point in their lives. Following the obvious advise of sticking to Islamic Shariah (Praying, Fasting etc.),

1) Discuss your situation with someone knowledgeable in Islam
2) Discuss your situation with your Doctor and take advice (He/She will probably advice the following or a combination)
3) Pick yourself up & setup a routine of activities (what-ever you like, what-ever you have the capability of doing, what-ever you have access to)…
4) If you miss once or twice (as you will) don’t worry…keep going…It is advisable that you do the following in addition to what-ever activities you have picked:
a. Schedule some time reading the Qur’aan…doing Dhik’r (Tasbeeh, Salat-Alan-Nabi (Durood Shareef) but don’t set a specific number of repetitions & you don’t need to go see a Shaykh (Pious person) for this…Stick to Qur’aan & Sunnah…If you are not sure put a question on the Forum
b. Practice Deep Breathing http://stress.about.com/od/breathingexercises/ht/breathing_ex.htm
c. Keep any eye on your weight (“Substantial” Increase/Decrease is a bad thing)
d. Keep an eye on your diet (Cut out Carbohydrates/Sugars & replace with Protein)...Also evaluate your diet…What are you eating???
e. Substantially increase your Water-Intake

You will find that if you can be disciplined your state of mind will change in a matter of weeks.

Jazakullah Khairun

P.S: The whole point of all of the above is to focus your mind on something other then prevailing circumstances…Human Mind CANNOT focus on two things at the same time at the same instance…It has to let go of something in order to focus on something else (pretty much like what a CPU in a computer does)

P.P.S: This is very precise without knowing your actual situation & no idea of your comprehension of it.

shaz_1999

Jazakhallah

Jazakhallah so much for all this advice Inshallah will try and do all these things as they all seem worth a try to make myself feel better.

I will Inshallah will remember you all in my duas I appreciate this so much.

Younus

Why don't you go to travel ? Like somewhere for a tour, camp, vacation etc. for some days/weeks/months with some of your close family members or relatives ? May be that will make your loneliness go away a bit, and may be that will freshen you. inshaaAllah.

Allah knows best.

stranger786

Dream of His Slavery

respected sister in islam

This life is blessing of Allah to us in which we have to use every mintue in positive way to get maximum benefit.MasAllah bro and sister gave very nice suggestion above.

However I also want to highlight the importance of education .I am not sure how u r doing in urs college?so keep busy urself in acadamic stuff.Also get involve in some charity.You have time and that great thing.You can help lot of others around you and you will insAllah get lot of reward for it.

This life is really uncertian and is a test .Who knows that tomorrow we will not be here.What can we will say in front of Allah about utilization of our time.Did we used our positive abilities bless by Him for betterment of ourself and others aroud us?Is that purpose of life?Just ask these questions from you and insAllah u will feel better.

Try to get involve in sisters islamic circle.

May Allah be with all of us.ameen
:salah:

acedoc

Anxiety, depression and mood swings

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatulalh wa Barakatuh

Sister Shaz,

Masha Allah you are very fortunate so much good advice from bros/sis here. I specially appreciate Bros Stranger786 and NewMuslims's comforting words. Certainly, Allah says in the Quran , Nothing makes hearts more content (happy/satisfied) expect the rememberance of Allah. I believe that what you have described here can be expressed as sub-clinical depression or dysphoria. Don't worry about big medical terminology what is more important is to trust Allah and talk to your family. Thye love you no matter how busy they may be in their lives and bogged down with struggles of life (as most of us are).

I will give link for some of supplications (dua) that the prophet of Allah prescribed for us. But If you find yourself tearful for no good reason, losing sleep or appetite, losing ineterest in normal things I would alos ask you to seek a professional Psychiatric help as well. Just do NOT let them talk you inot taking any drugs (medication) quite yet, without counselling first.

Here are some good supplications (dua) to remember in times of feeling sad or anxious:

Allaahumma 'innee 'a'oothu bika minal-hammi walhazani, wal'ajzi walkasali, walbukhli waljubni, wa dhala'id-dayni wa ghalabatir-rijaal .

Closest English Translation is : O Allah , I seek refuge in you from grief and sadness, from weakness and from laziness, from miserliness and from cowardice, from being overcome by debt and overpowered by men (i .e . others) .
Reference: Al-Bukhari 7/158. See also Al-Asqalani, Fathul-Bari 11/173.

If you can read Arabic you can aslo go to this link:

http://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/Fortress/034.html

If all this is too difficult fro you to say than simply recite the Faitha (Chapter One of Quran) and say La ILLaha IL Allah as often as you can.Of course praying some extra salat (Nafil prayers) will help too.

Most Importantly remember this is only a transient phase in young peoples life. Use the best of time learning the deen. Try minimizing watching TV (Tele as you folks call it in jolly ol England). Keep comapny with only sisters who are strong in practice of Islam.

Remember us all in your duas. May Allah accept your prayers and make you a stronger muslimah and person after this hard times. Ameen

your brother Islam

Tahar

You have received good advice but I 'll add my two cents. You are not alone in suffering from depression. Millions of people experience its effects at one time or another. I personally suffered from it too. You don't have to be ashamed from it. Actually, it helps a lot to talk about it. It is helpful to you and to the people around you (family).

I think the secret, besides all the previous good advice from the sisters and brothers, is to keep busy. Find what you are passionate about, and do it. Better yet, help other people less fortunate than you. It will help you forget your own troubles besides winning you great reward with Allah. And have absolute fate in the compassion and mercy of Allah. If anything at present is not how you would have liked it to be with the family or any other circumstance, think of it as your test from Allah. Just do your best, and let the rest in his hands. Don't get stressed over things you have no control over. Just be a good Muslim (good sister, daughter, friend, student or worker) and let it be.

This is your jihad. Depression is tough but always remember that you are not alone; we are all here for you.

Durriyyah

Forever Student

I'm curious how long you have felt this way. Many times people become depressed because of situations, but there are some people who are clinically depressed and need to be seen by a medical professional. But keep in mind to trust your instincts and don't let a doctor tell you that it is medical when you feel that it is situational.

It is good that you are trying to take walks and you are not avoiding seeing family and friends. Try to attack this problem with a religious aspect at first, but if it does not go away I would suggest seeing a medical professional.

:wasalam:

shaz_1999

Jazakhallh to each and every person

Jazakhallah to each and every one who has made the effort to try and advice me now I will attempt to answer some of the questions that have been asked.

Basicofislam - As I have said no way would I take my own life. At times I am so busy that I do not have time for my friends and other days I cannot face my family due to the way I am feeling.

slave.of.AllahSW - I do try and pray Quran but as my days are always different I do not always get the time but Inshallah I am going to try even if it is only for 5minits.

ripefig - I am going to discuss this situation with someone who has knowledge of not only this state of mind but also religious. I have someone in mind but now I am just trying to get some courage to approach him, as I am not a confident person.

New Muslim - I have many books that are Islamic that I have got off my friends and I am going to buy that book once I have the chance. But at the moment I have read whole books and not one word has sunk in my head at all and this makes me feel worse. So until I can concentrate on reading books I cannot read any as I have learned it makes me worse.

Globalpeace - Every single word you said makes so much sense to me. I have seen my doc about this and he is keeping an eye on me and I have also lost some weight (which has worried him but gave me a confidence boast). I do drink so much water that my family though I could be a diabetic, so on top of how I feel I had to go and get a blood test done and waiting for the results is not easy, I am due to go to docs and find the results this week. I find it hard to make routines as I have different things to do every single day. When I do have a routine because I am a big stress head I would feel guilty for missing something and not sleep that night until I have done it. So I just set myself tasks that I know I can complete with all my other responsibilities and do them at the least. Like pray or go just go out or to see a friend.

albinsaid09 - Sports is a great idea. I am looking for something that I can do in my local area.

Younus - At the moment I am not in a good financial place to go and stay any place at all. So I have no choice to stay at home and try to get out of it. I loved this idea but sometimes I think it would be cool to get away but once I come back would I not have the same problems?

stranger786 - I have completed all my study I am now 24. I get involved in all the charity work that I can as I love this challenge and people seem to trust me and organise things. I try and attend a sister’s Islamic circle when I have the time.

acedoc - Jazakhallah for this dua Inshallah will pray it in time of need. I watch not much tele anymore, I love keeping busy and the tele makes me think to much about my life and question what I have done and what I could have done. I hate this feeling so I watch so much less tele.

Tahar - I am always busy, I know I get bored easily, which is a big problem. I get stressed over things I have no control of, this drives me crazy more then my family, I have calmed down a bit then before and I am trying to calm myself down allot more. Also my family are very helpful in helping me calm down to and try to adapt to my crazy little things. Jazakhallah saying that you are all here for me makes me feel nice and warm inside.

Whitefyre - I have felt this way for well over a year and slowly feeling myself getting worse then ever, I just do not want to get so bad that I do not ask for help.

Jazakhallah for all the help, I am so touched that people have helped me. Hopefully I have answered the queries as best as I can.

Muslimah77

Slave of Allah (SWT)
Some helpful tips

I hope the following information is of benefit to you.

1) I would recommend that you read a book based on the life of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) because he overcame many trials during his lifetime and he is a great example to emulate from. I would suggest THE SEALED NECTAR by SAFIUR-REHMAN AL MUBARAKPURI.

2) You could visit the following website: http://www.harunyahya.com/deepthinking.php

3) A book called FORTRESS OF A MUSLIM by DARUSALAM is very good to read from because it contains many du’as for different situations in our lives – happy and sad.

4) I also recommend another book called 30 WAYS TO ACHIEVE HAPPINESS by AIDH IBN ABDULLAH AL-QARNI. I have listed some of the recommendations and quotations from this book for your reference:

1. Contemplate and be thankful to Allah
“And if you count the blessings of Allah, you will never be able to count them.” [14:34]

2. Forget about the past and proceed forward
‘Do not live in the shadow of the past; save yourself from its nightmare.’

3. Live by the day
“So hold that which I have given you, and be among the thankful.” [7:144]

4. The worry is one – Obey Allah and prepare for His meeting
‘… one should concentrate one’s worries from beginning to end on obeying Allah (SWA) and preparing oneself for His meeting, for this is the greatest of all worries, and the greatest of all matters.’

5. Let the future be until it comes
“The Commandments of Allah will come to pass, so seek not to hasten it” [16:1]

6. Stand up to wicked criticism
‘One has to be strong and firm in one’s principles and beliefs to be able to stand up to their harsh criticism and abuse.’

7. Do not expect gratitude from people
‘One should do righteous deeds for the sake of Allah (SWA) because one will be rewarded for it on the Day of Judgement.’

8. Doing good to others brings happiness
“And have in their minds no favour from anyone for which a reward is expected in return, except only the desire to seek for the Countenance for their Lord, the Most High. And soon will they attain (complete) satisfaction” [92: 19-21]

9. Kill spare time with work
‘Kill your free time with good deeds and you will feel utmost pleasure…’

10. Do not be a characterless person
“For every nation there is a direction to which they face. So hasten towards all that is good.” [2: 148]

11. Believe in divine decree
‘We should strongly believe that Allah (SWA) has decreed everything.’

12. With hardship there is relief
‘Things do not remain as they are, life changes and the best kind of worship is to believe that Allah (SWA) has ordained relief after every hardship.’

13. Make the best of your losses
“It may be that you dislike a thing and Allah brings through it a great deal of good.” [4: 19]

14. Remember Allah in times of both ease and difficulty
And your Lord said: “Invoke Me, I will answer your prayers.” [40: 60]

15. Your home is your refuge
‘Seclusion is preferred when one fails to find those that are righteous, who can help one increase one’s Imaan.’

16. Allah compensates the patient with that which is better than the lost
Give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere. Who say when afflicted with calamity: “To Allah we belong and to Him is our return.” They are those on whom (descend) blessings from Allah and Mercy and they are the ones that receive guidance. [2: 155-157]

17. Belief in Allah is life
“Whoever works righteousness, whether male or female, while he/she is a true believer, verily to him We will give a good life, and We shall pay them certainly a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do” [16:97]

18. Show gentleness
“Allah loves gentleness in all affairs” [Sahih al-Bukhari]

19. In the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest
“Those who believe and whose hearts find rest in the remembrance of Allah. Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest” [13: 28]

20. Malignant envy is an evil action
“Or do they envy mankind for what Allah has given them of His bounty?” [4: 54]

21. Accept life as it is
‘One should live his/her life as it is and never allow one’s thoughts to wonder.’

22. Seek consolation from others
“Or do you think that you shall enter Paradise without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with suffering and adversity and were so shaken” [2: 214]

23. Turn to Salaah for comfort and relief
“O you who believe! Seek help in patience and Salaah.” [2: 153]

24. Allah is sufficient for us and He is the best disposer of affairs
“And put your trust in Allah if you are believers indeed” [5: 23]

25. Travel across the earth
Those who remember Allah standing, sitting and lying down on their sides, and think deeply about the creation of the Heavens and the Earth, saying “Our Lord! You have not created all this without purpose, glory to You” [3: 191]

26. Patience is most fitting when faced with a trial
“Be patient. Patience is the most important of all things.” [Abu Bakr (ra)]

27. Do not carry the world alone on your shoulders
“He (Allah) knew what was in their hearts, and He sent down calmness and tranquillity upon them, and He rewarded them with a near victory” [48: 18]

28. Do not occupy yourself with trivial things
“Indeed Allah has set a measure for all things.” [65: 3]

29. Learn to increase your understanding of Islam
‘Who are the learned? Those who practice what they know.’ [Bukhari]

30. Avoid hypocrites
“They order that which is evil and forbid that which is good.” [9: 67]

:wasalam: :muslim_child:

“Calling on His Names is balm for the heart.”
The Prophet Mohammed (may God bless him and grant him peace)

“Nothing is as good for the heart as what emanates from it. The purer the heart and the more devoted to Allah, the greater the benefit.”
Umar (ra)

Acquire knowledge, it enables its professor to distinguish right from wrong; it lights the way to heaven. It is our friend in the desert, our company in solitude and companion when friendless. It guides us to happiness, it sustains us in misery, it is an ornament amongst friends and an armour against enemies.
Widely attributed to the Prophet Mohammed (pbuh)

"A Muslim who meets with others and shares their burdens is better than one who lives a life of seclusion and contemplation."
(Muslim)

fahad96

Fahad
Hi

Try to ask about yourself
Who you are? and
why are you here in this world for?

1. Use your time to remember Allah
2. praying 5 times a day - try Qiyam Alail - Swalat Nawafil and Dhuha
2. Use your time for your family and friends
3. Use time for yourself.
and Inshaalah, Allah will guide you and find that life is very simple and straight forward

Regards
Fahad

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AuA Sister Shaz,

This situation happens to those people who do not have any goal in the life.
Try to set some positive goal and then start doing effort to achieve that. For instance few things which can give you some satisfaction that you are doing something worth. Such as:

1- Try to participate in some Islamic discussion forums. This will motive you to look for some specific solution the some point you are discussion on Islam.
2- Try reading Islamic hisotry or historical novels which depict that past splender of muslims.
3- Download or get some free Islamic videos from some sources and upload to the sites like video.google.com or www.youtube.com. When you see how many people are getting benefit for their faith then you will really feel that you are doing something worth.
4- Make your daily routine to do some specific task, such as playing some sports, doing embroidery on some cloth etc. You might not be studying Quran all the times, so you can have these hobbies. Having a hobby makes you busy. But the hobby should be positive and fruitful which can help someone.
6- Try to make yourself busy in your children, I guess you have some servants at home, otherwise you would be really busy for your children.

I hope it helps. But keep in mind the baseline, Not having a goal in life makes us worse.

Wassalaam.