Anyone from Bahrain?/ Unrest in Bahrain

Ahsen

Thanks brother AbuTalib for posting the pics.

@Sister-harb There's no problem in giving them their rights.Problem arises when they misuse their rights.Everyday 1 expat is killed in bahrain by these so called protesters.What will happen when they come into the govt.It's better for all muslims and especially this region that shias stay away from the govt.

The reason why the world supports the "Bahrain revolution" is that they are unaware of what's happening here on the streets.I invite anyone who wants to see the real situation in bahrain to come and see it heer.Nothing is hidden here.You can come and see for yourself what's happening here.

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
:salam2:

They want a government of their own. Sister harb why would you want someone with a corrupted aqeedah come rule your country?? Even though the current leaders have a corrupted aqeedah too. But shias have made it a permanent ideology. Sister, human rights will come through proper Islam.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

They want a government of their own. Sister harb why would you want someone with a corrupted aqeedah come rule your country?? Even though the current leaders have a corrupted aqeedah too. But shias have made it a permanent ideology. Sister, human rights will come through proper Islam.

Whose government in Bahrain should be if 60% of people are shias?

Abu Talib

Feeling low
ASsalamu`alaykum

Ya ahsen the reality will be known when people come to Bahrain. Both sides have casualties but one can know who started it .

limitthesky

Whose government in Bahrain should be if 60% of people are shias?

:wasalam:

So if a country was governed by Muslims, but 60% of its inhabitants were non-Muslims, by this logic it would be their right to government? What if 60% were Zionists?

This is no longer about human rights.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:wasalam:

So if a country was governed by Muslims, but 60% of its inhabitants were non-Muslims, by this logic it would be their right to government? What if 60% were Zionists?

This is no longer about human rights.

Good point.

But unfortunately zionists are humans too.

:shymuslima1:

Ahsen

I can also post pictures of expats filled with blood and other injuries.But i don't want to gross out the readers.The pictures are so gross that i don't even let my family see them.Just because you cannot see what's really happening,doesn't means that it isn't happening at all.Few days ago the so called protesters cut off an ear and tonuge of a muezzin of a sunni mosque just because he insisted to say the fajr azaan.If you can't see xpats being killed everyday it doesn't mean that they aren't harmed at all.

And this is all done by the these so called "protesters" in the name of religion and democarcy.

Ahsen

Bahrain "Man in the Mirror" (A must read).

by We Are Bahrain on Wednesday, March 23, 2011 at 12:39pm

I have seen and read just about everything available in the media regarding the civil unrest in Bahrain. I wandered through pro- and anti government protests, worried yet interested.

Media-wise I can only conclude that each interview, each report or Youtube fragment is broadcasted, and interpreted, through the bias eye of the beholder, rarely views have been portrait in an impartial manner.

The (online) mud-sling-machine is endless: (Arguably) Sleeping protesters were attacked. Doctors were beaten by pro and anti. Sunni denied medical treatment. Ambulances hijacked by protesters. Government has thugs running around. Iran is meddling. Sectarian fights at schools. Expats are getting killed. Police being killed. Saudi Army invaded, no, the GCC is assisting and so on and so on. A spider web of false/halve truths and exaggerations.

The utterly complex situation of Bahrain can best be described as: “A territorial tug ‘o war fuelled by religious and sectarian elements. Bahrain, between Iran on one side and Saudi on the other, while the US selfishly sneaks in some extra weight on Saudi side”

Meanwhile, on a lower and human level, innocent Bahraini citizens (protesters) are merely requesting for financial and political improvements. Many do not want “the fall of the regime”.

In the eyes of many expats in Bahrain this revolution was based on “hype” fueled by Egypt, and not justified as “protesters” might want to take a look in the mirror, before demanding change.

This mirror should show the lack of contribution to society by the majority of the protesters.

Opposition Leaders have labeled Shiites: Underdogs. They claim to be poor, discriminated and oppressed. While they have freedom of religion, drive cars, have housemaids at home and enjoy a range of social facilities such as free school, free houses, free medical care and so on. In Bahrain nobody starves of poverty, unless you overpopulate your house.

Shiite men, especially, are often married to multiple wives and have a ridiculous number of children for 21st century standards. Normal people, anywhere in the world, can barely sustain 3 children.

Shiite women are largely kept at home (Exception: During protests, their value appreciated suddenly as they were needed to be in frontlines to protect males). Young females need to marry at an early age and are often forbidden to work, like their mothers. While in modern societies females are part of the workforce, and required to contribute to the family earnings.

Employers are not keen on hiring Bahraini’s (especially from villages, thus likely protesters) as there is a stereo type that labels them as being unreliable and irresponsible. Naturally this does not apply to all. Those who do wish to work and grow in life are unfortunately victimized by this self-imposed stereo-type. It explains 500.000 expatriate workers.

For some reason, at schools religious education overrules actual practical knowledge.

Enough examples, it is clear some religious/cultural and behavioral patterns require some adaptation to the 21st century. Turkey has proven Islam can go hand in hand with a modern democratic state. Why not Bahrain?

Expats, as well as Bahraini’s, understand and respect the stance of honest and sincere protesters. Nobody has a problem with protests, everybody felt compassion with protesters as we all know that some are living in dire circumstances and could use change.

Many feel protesters fail to realize that life in Bahrain is not all that bad. Have a walk through the harbor cities in Europe like Marseille, Genova or Rotterdam or take a stroll through “Harlem” or any of the slums in Asia/Africa, worse than the average Bahraini Village.

The first removal of Lulu came as a shock to the nation. Yet, the violence was somewhat understood. Expats, and especially Security Forces, vividly remember a decade (or two) of burning tires, Molotov cocktails and deaths at the hands of, what is fair to assume, the same group. Thus, it is fair to assume that violence of the past has lead to the erratic reply from Security Forces, which definitely should be considered a “mirror” moment.

After the successful return to Lulu, with a fair amount of allegedly “staged drama” (a playbook written by the geniuses of “Pallywood”) the opposition had momentum and should have exploited the National Dialogue in the days thereafter. Yet they got greedy and started to become arrogant. Therewith, sadly, denying and ignoring the core wishes of their own followers, victims of a selfish kind of love.

Engaging into dialogue to achieve democracy, provided 12 demands are met is a seriously disputable practice. It indicates that dialogue was not a priority. Power was, and is.

Turning the roundabout into a “Spring Break Festival”, effectively eliminated the serious note of the protests, and was an insult to Martyrs. People, in reply, started to take protesters less serious and mocked the scene.

People became extremely annoyed when protesters pushed it too far by moving to the Financial Harbor. Protesters were keeping the economy, and 700.000 people, in a continuous stranglehold. The target was driving reforms, for some bringing down the Government, not the economy. Foolishly, deliberately damaging the economy will hurt the poor first. Essentially protesters were strangling themselves and their family. Did the Opposition care?

Then, Anarchy broke out.

The experience of civilian checkpoints managed by unpredictable and explosive boys with sticks, knives and swords is simply unacceptable, a nightmare. Ongoing battles between poor Asian expats and angry mobs in downtown Manama, despicable. If continued everyone would have been in danger. The GCC Army, or Saudi’s (nobody really cares), were VERY welcome.

The GCC Army presence has proven highly effective. They do not interfere, merely protect. Besides a couple of clashes in villages between Bahraini Security Forces and Protesters, law and order seems to be restored. Many expected guerilla warfare by protesters. Fortunately this has not occurred, yet.

We leave a month of turmoil behind us where mistakes have been made by Media, Opposition and unarguably also the Bahrain Government. Lives on both sides have been lost needlessly and the image of Bahrain has been damaged indefinitely, now what?

Expats and Bahraini’s alike hope that the recent protests will have a positive outcome for all those that have voiced their honest and sincere opinions in the streets of Bahrain. All sensible residents are wishing for a fruitful dialogue and commitments from both sides to uphold law and order, for this is the only path to a prosperous and joyous future.

As a former resident of Bahrain has tried to teach us:

“If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and then make a change”

Matthijs A. Bos

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
I can also post pictures of expats filled with blood and other injuries.But i don't want to gross out the readers.The pictures are so gross that i don't even let my family see then.Just because you cannot see what's really happening,doesn't means that it isn't happening at all.Few days ago the so called protesters cut off an ear and tonuge of a muezzin of a sunni mosque just because he insisted to say the fajr azaan.If you can't see xpats being killed everyday it doesn't mean that they aren't harmed at all.

Would you also send picture of shias whose are injuries by hands of Saudis and Bahrain security forces? I have kind of pictures but not send them too.

Ahsen

London, March 23 (BNA) A total of 1500 NGOs in 15 Arab and foreign states have denounced the terror plot uncovered by Bahrain. They appealed to the international community to condemn interference in Bahrain’s affairs and all criminal acts against the Bahraini people and the expatriate communities which required an immediate intervention of the Peninsula Shield forces to deter any threat of foreign military intervention driven by expansionist motives.

In a statement issued in London today, the organisations expressed deep concern over violations, terrorism and violence which have erupted in Bahrain ever since February 14, 2011 and have been fomented by illegal movements like Haq, Wafa, Khalas and the Islamic Action Society.
The outbreak of anarchy, terrorism and violence nationwide has required implementation of the national safety law to prevent the terrorist movements from terrorizing the Bahraini people as well as the expatriate communities who were the target of very brutal acts including aggression, murder and subversion of properties.
Even young children were not immune as they were repulsively engaged in marches and gatherings. Not less repugnant was the hijacking of Salmaniya Medical Complex (SMS), deprivation of sick people of medical treatment and dissemination of the culture of hatred, rancor, bigotry and sectarianism. As a matter of fact, Bahrain public security forces had to intervene as per international criteria to enforce law.
The organizations called on human rights watchdogs in Bahrain and throughout the world to document data and testimonies to ensure enough evidences are provided to bring the culprits to justice.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

I better to leave this discussion as I don´t want to insult anyone here.

:shymuslima1:

I ask Allah to be mercy to all of you.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
I can also post pictures of expats filled with blood and other injuries.But i don't want to gross out the readers.The pictures are so gross that i don't even let my family see them.Just because you cannot see what's really happening,doesn't means that it isn't happening at all.Few days ago the so called protesters cut off an ear and tonuge of a muezzin of a sunni mosque just because he insisted to say the fajr azaan.If you can't see xpats being killed everyday it doesn't mean that they aren't harmed at all.

And this is all done by the these so called "protesters" in the name of religion and democarcy.

Muazzen died 2 days back due to his injuries

Ahsen

MANAMA, Mar 25, 2011 (IPS) - As protests in Bahrain continue, increasingly migrant workers are being victimised in violent hate crimes.

"We expats are victims of hate crimes because we didn’t leave the country or become part of the general strike called by the opposition to keep Bahrain on hold," Nastufi Sharma, an Indian who has been working in Bahrain since 1997, told IPS. "To stop locals from going to work, roads were blocked… we were attacked."

Sharma isn’t considering leaving the country yet, but risks unemployment if the situation deteriorates further.

Eight migrant workers died and approximately 49 sustained various injuries since Mar. 17 when the government with the support of Cooperation Council of the Arab Gulf States (GCC) peninsula shield troops started cracking down on demonstrations blocking roads in Manama - the financial capital of Bahrain. The government has also declared a three-month state of emergency to be enforced by the Bahrain Defence Force.

Most expats are not yet considering leaving the country, hoping for the situation to revert to normal. They fear losing their jobs and not finding new ones back home.

On Mar. 13 before the beginning of the attacks, the Civil Disobedience Support Committee sent a letter to foreign embassies in the country asking diplomatic missions to ask their nationals to leave immediately, while warning that the routes leading to the airport might not be safe. IPS obtained a copy of the letter.

Expatriates, mainly migrant workers from Asia, are in high demand for their skills and are valued for their low salaries - essential to prop up sustainable growth in Bahrain. Migrant workers represent almost half of the country’s population of 1.2 million. Migrant labour in the region is a huge source of remittance income in the workers’ home countries - and some embassies here seem to be taking the violent hate crimes against their nationals with a grain of salt.

The Prime Minister of Bahrain, Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa, has met with Indian, Pilipino, Bangladeshi and acting Pakistani Ambassadors to assure them that the government is interested in the safety of all migrant workers in the country. There have been attacks on nationals of all these countries in the last few days. Al Khalifa said that expatriates are highly needed in Bahrain and their labour rights and safety would be protected.

There have been four deaths and around 40 injuries so far among Pakistanis, many of whom work as riot and security police. Ten Pakistanis are in critical condition.

"In my community that is estimated to have 65,000 Pakistanis, the death of one civilian and three policemen were reported, most of the attacks took place in Manama," Aurangzeb, of the Pakistan mission to Bahrain told IPS.

After the attacks, most of the Pakistanis residing in Manama were evacuated to safer places in cities such as Isa Town, where they were housed in the Pakistan School and Pakistan Club. They will be shifted again to different accommodations soon, Aurangzeb said. The embassy hasn’t asked its residents to leave Bahrain.

Seven Bangladeshis have been hospitalised, three have died and four are under treatment. The number of victims is small according to the Bangladeshi Embassy when compared with the large number of Bangladeshis living in Bahrain - 100,000.

"Most of our victims were attacked in mid-March and I don’t blame anyone and I think they were assaulted for being caught in the middle of rioting and violence in the wrong time and wrong place," Bangladeshi Ambassador Ali Akbar told IPS.

To protect the community, he said, the embassy advised Bangladeshi nationals to remain neutral and cautious and to avoid the venues of demonstrations.

The ambassador denied a case of a Sunni Bangladeshi national who is in coma after being attacked by Shiite demonstrators who cut his tongue off to prevent him from reciting Azzan. This case has been reported in almost all the local newspapers along with images of him in the hospital.

Sri Lanka Honorary Consul General P. B. Higgoda confirms that his community members were not asked to go home, however a temporary ban on new recruitment has been imposed by his government for those who want to enter Bahrain. "I don’t know when the ban will be lifted," Higgoda said. There are approximately 14,000 Sri Lankan residents in Bahrain.

No attacks were reported among the Sri Lankan community, of whom 3,500 are domestic workers. Higgoda says this is because they follow the "laws and orders" of the country.

"Hopefully Indians are much safer now than two weeks back, as we have advised them to be extra careful and stay indoors after dark," Indian Ambassador Mohan Kumar, told IPS. One Indian died in crossfire, while five have sustained minor injuries.

Indians represent the largest community in Bahrain with 350,000 individuals living in the country - 70 percent of them are labourers and semi-skilled workers. No warnings have been issued for Indians, as until now the country is safe if residents take extra precautions, according to Kumar. "We only advised at the beginning of the crackdown for housewives and children to leave if they fear for their safety," Kumar said.

Situations are expected to be better with the deployment of security forces in major urban areas, however migrant workers will remain in danger as very poor security will remain in the old neighbourhoods of Manama where they reside.

The U.S. Department of State is urging its citizens to defer travel to Bahrain, and has advised those in the country to consider departing.

(END)

http://ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=55002