anyone working is Saudia

arzafar

:salam2:

i have a provisional offer for doing MS in petro engg from KFUPM. However, i know that i wont be able to work in saudia after finishing my degree. So i want to whether there is any chance that i can work there after i finish my degree.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:

mabrook akhi. yes u can work here if any saudi is ready to sponsor you. he can give you sponsorship letter that he needs your skills and with some formalities, you can have your passport stamped with work visa.

it will be valid for 1-2 years which can be renewed.

arzafar

i have a provisional offer for a research assistant from KFUPM. I think it's the best uni in saudia right?
so how do i get someone to sponsor me after i complete my degree? do i make friends with rich sheikhs? i think i can do that tbh.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:,

cant comment on the saudi unis as i dont have much knowledge about them bro.

when ur studies are about to end, u can start finding a job and many companies agree to issue you the work permit.

to work here, so its not essential make frnds with rich sheikhs :D but if u can its good sometimes, but be careful that it doesnt effect ur iman. :wink:

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
i have a provisional offer for a research assistant from KFUPM. I think it's the best uni in saudia right?
so how do i get someone to sponsor me after i complete my degree? do i make friends with rich sheikhs? i think i can do that tbh.

:salam2: Akhi,

If companies are looking for someone with your skills they will sponsor you.

The kind of job that you get and the salary that you are paid pretty much depends on the Passport that you carry.

For example, jobs like Lecturers,Professos/tecahers they look for someone who is from (or atleast studied) US, Europe, Australia.

For other jobs like Engineers, Medical Doctors they look for people from Indi-Pak, Egypt.

And the salary depends on your passport.

For, example an Engineer from India with Masters degree in Engineering with excellent academic qualifications and experience might get 1/2 or even 1/3
of what an English Language teacher who has CELTA certificate from US/UK.

And someone with similiar qualifications and experience from US/UK/Canada might get 5x of that Indian-Pakistani guy!

It is sad but true and it is pretty much same in all Gulf countries.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
For, example an Engineer from India with Masters degree in Engineering with excellent academic qualifications and experience might get 1/2 or even 1/3

And someone with similiar qualifications and experience from US/UK/Canada might get 5x of that Indian-Pakistani guy!

Waa'laykummusalam wa rahmatullah,

Hmnn...do they favour more on certificate and qualification that are approved from the West? It is sad indeed. Why does such thing happens though?

Once I read that usually people will look at someone who graduated from overseas universities to be outstanding and better than others in certain matters. While yes it is true at some point but to be honest, those who might not have the chance to pursue any further than their local universities arent any worse and in fact, they can even be better at times. Yes, some of the best universities in the world are located in the West but even local universities from the East or any other parts of the world besides the West produce great leaders/people too.

Hmn...just some little vent.

Was salam.

arzafar

:salam2: Akhi,

If companies are looking for someone with your skills they will sponsor you.

The kind of job that you get and the salary that you are paid pretty much depends on the Passport that you carry.

For example, jobs like Lecturers,Professos/tecahers they look for someone who is from (or atleast studied) US, Europe, Australia.

For other jobs like Engineers, Medical Doctors they look for people from Indi-Pak, Egypt.

And the salary depends on your passport.

:jazaak:
i already know that but thanks for the reminder.

and also thank you ahmedindian.
Im still worried though because all the job ads from middeast require 5-15 yrs and i have zero experience atm.

abu'muhammad

Assalaamu alaykum,

bro arzafar, Hopefully you can do the job as brothers on thread have said. Some job employers recruit freshers .Some give direct recruitment (no interview) depending upon the CV and job requirements. Although that is precisely made for experienced people.

The most important thing to look for job now or later in my opinion is a company repute. Other things like salary,perks etc are negotiable.hopefully, salary standard would meet later after joining a reputed co.

so if you don’t have job exp at moment still go on applying but i suggest only in reputed co’s and not reading randomly abroad assigments or browsing internet ads. and be sure what you want to do? study or work ? I stress applying whole-heartedness. Be sure that you have priority.

As much I know the provisional studies or jobs are offered with certain terms and conditions. Read them before signing up – so later no worries InshaAllaah.

Rather I suggest not to go for any provisional offer. The provisional offers are temperory.Its equivalent to apprenticeship or trainee and after your studies or job, its again a start from beginning. So just enquire that after provisional study, how much standard it makes to you and a scope for good job.I do not mean to dampen the enthusiasm but objectiveless effort do not fit in.

You need to make an enquiry with the pass-out students who have done this study at KFUpM and take their opinion. A bit work for you. I suppose they would have fair opinion. If you can make contact with those students who are doing the course or pass-outs.

In Saudi, as much I know, if you are capable and talented than there is nothing wrong. Some of my colleague ngneers have joined there and happy with their jobs.

abu'muhammad

Waa'laykummusalam wa rahmatullah,

Hmnn...do they favour more on certificate and qualification that are approved from the West? It is sad indeed. Why does such thing happens though?

Once I read that usually people will look at someone who graduated from overseas universities to be outstanding and better than others in certain matters. While yes it is true at some point but to be honest, those who might not have the chance to pursue any further than their local universities arent any worse and in fact, they can even be better at times. Yes, some of the best universities in the world are located in the West but even local universities from the East or any other parts of the world besides the West produce great leaders/people too.

Hmn...just some little vent.

Was salam.

Assalaamu alaykum,

One of the reason is there is wide inflation and high competition in jobs in sub-continent and further asia as a whole.. The employers in sub-continent keep specifications like “ first class in every semester” or “over-all distinction” This criteria obviously fits to the toppers. For others there is a struggle.

The over-seas employers are of two categories. One ,who are genuinely interested in man-power and have better policies for them. the other category is of exploiters.

Now when the people who get employment which was not possible in their own country due to above and other reason than they overlook their standard or do not do comparision with peer US/UK recruits. But they would feel a relief that they have got job after some degrees and have touched some milestone.

On the contrary, those recruits from US/UK already have jobs, handsome offers, assignments or knowing jobmarket is well in their country etc, so will obviously think of a job with equal or above standards. The employers have to heed their demands and give them that standard or better than that.

This is a harsh reality.

I read somewhere that overseas man-power in order of descending order in Saudi is from India, pak and Bangladesh than later other nationals join them in chain, Allaah knows the very best in regard. majority are muslims in quota, rest others as when criteria is not matched up.

I think there is a no limits to talent in such countries but basically lack of venues for them to express. And this is also one of the reason that brain-drain happens and people are happy to move to other lands.

arzafar

i also want to know about life in saudia as a foreign student.
kfupm is located in dahran. what's there for entertainment, food, travel etc?
what's the night life like? can i stay out till midnight safely?

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
i also want to know about life in saudia as a foreign student.
kfupm is located in dahran. what's there for entertainment, food, travel etc?
what's the night life like? can i stay out till midnight safely?

:salam2: Akhi PM me your email ID, inshaAllah I will hook you up with a Brother there inshaAllah.