Are they serious??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obase

Speaks his mind...
May Allah curse those who change such a thing- no doubt Turkey will suffer calamities more than it already does!:astag:

Salem9022

-- I have some issues with this article and the ignorance of many people who are working on this so here it goes:

"Turkey is engaged in a bold and profound attempt to rewrite the basis for Islamic sharia law while also officially reinterpreting the Qur'an for the modern age."

--When did they become an expert in Interperting Islamic Law, Islamic Sharia, or the Quran? It's like Italy or Some other Non-Muslim Country trying to Interperit the Hadiths and the Qur'an and then saying this is what Muslims should believe First tell them to Learn about Islam and to start worshipping Allah instead of Attaturk or Ali, before they can start interpreting anything related to Islam. If they want to interperit something to suit them then that is their problem don't involve Islam or Muslims in this. This should be something Turkey wants for their people even though there might be things which go against Islam, this shouldn't involve Other muslims in this.

"The result, say experts following the ambitious experiment, could be to diminish Muslim discrimination against women, banish some of the brutal penalties associated with Islamic law, such as stoning and amputation, and redefine Islam as a modern, dynamic force in the large country that pivots between east and west, leaning into the Middle East while aspiring to join the European Union."

--Discimination against women? If they think Islam discriminates against women, then what would be the point of Muslim women to raise their children in Islam, if it discriminats against them? They would rather teach them a religion or a belief all across the world other then Islam since as the article says Islam discriminates against women. But we have women who teach their children about Islam and they also are many women who teach Islam in schools and universitys. Why would women do this if discrimination is allowed in Islam?

"A team of reformist Islamic scholars at Ankara University

--Sorry there is no "Islamic" Scholars of Islam in Turkey maybe wannabe ignorant people who think they are scholars but no real Islamic Scholars, the Only Scholars of Islam which I am familar with are those from Umm Quraa and Islamic University of Medina in KSA, who dedicate their life to the Qur'an and the Sunnah and teach it to other but maybe some here or there in some countries as well : )

"abolition of the death penalty, a campaign against honour killings, and the training and appointment of several hundred women as imams"

--Death Penalty are for rapist, Murderers, those who Torture, and those who spy against ones country. And each and everyone of them have reasons for it. No one wants to live in a country or a place where some guy rapes a girl or women then gets jail time for 20-30 years then goes back to the street to rape more amoung innocent women and girls. And Honor Killings is not part of Islam to begin with, that is why you would only see Honor Killings in countries like Turkey, Jordan, Pakistan and other Countries which are Higly Influenced by Sufism/Ikwani'ism/Shiaism/Deobandi'ees which are groups outside the fold of Islam. That is why you won't see Honor Killings In Places like Saudia because they don't have the same Evil Ideology in terms of religion like those other countries I mentioned.

"It says that a significant number of the sayings were never uttered by Muhammad, and even some that were need now to be reinterpreted."

--Those who narrarated the Hadiths were His companions and sometimes members of his family and there is a chain of Narrarations which go Back to him. There are also many companions who varify what he said and he did and they all agree with one another. There is something called "Science" of Hadiths which real Scholars study.

"Turkey is intent on sweeping away that "cultural baggage" and returning to a form of Islam it claims accords with its original values and those of the Prophet."

--Islam isn't a "cultural baggage" to begin with you made Islam a cultural thing? If that was so then there would be no reason for practising Islam if it is all about culture. So what we call African people who aren't Muslims? Part of African Animist Culture?

"There's also violence against women within families, including sexual harassment... This does not exist in Islam... we have to explain that to them"

--Sexual Harassment isn't part of Islam and I don't even know why this person would even bring that up when this happens in every country. Islam doesn't say to Sexually Harrass your wife or daughter if this sick pervert thinks so then he should be in a Mental Hospital

""Fadi Hakura believes that until now secularist Turkey has been intent on creating a new politics for Islam."

--Islam is not a Polticall System it's a way of Life a deen(religion), and If they are Muslims they shouldn't involve themselves in Politics, they should busy themselves knowing who to worship and How to worship first then they can start talking about other things

""You can't say, for example, that the verses of violence override the verses of peace. This is used a lot in the Middle East, this kind of ideology."

--We take no Hadith no Matter if they are latter Hadiths or New Hadith because there is no such thing called Latter or New Hadith, There is something In Islam called "Science" of Hadiths which I metioned before, where we verify the chain of Narrarations. This is how we verify Hadiths, we don't verify Hadiths based upon Old or New Hadiths because the Old Hadiths might be currupted Text.

"I cannot impress enough how fundamental "

--Yah I'm sure how fundamentalist this change is :D

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
Stakhfour allah.

I don't understand why people misguide the quran in that way. the worst part is that they call them selfs muslims. for not so long ago, I heard this famous person in Egypt, saying in the media, that (estakhfour allah al3dim) people are aloud kissing when there not married to each other..

That is simply making fun of our religion. what's next writing a new quran? Sakhfour allah el3adim, may allah forgive these people, and us.:astag:

MTYKK

Banned
Obase, Al-Salam did you guys even read my post? Or do you enjoy calling Muslims misguided to make yourself feel better according to the words of the kuffar?
May Allah Ta'ala guide you to adab.
May Allah ta'ala give you 'aql and purified hearts so you don't look for errors in other Muslims but in yourselves. Laa Hawla wa laa quwwata illa billah.

sajjuaiah

As-salaam alaikum,

I really hate them.

"LanathAllah" on these so called muslims.

Of-course they even cannot change a single letter from the Glrious Quran.

"No doubt we have sent the Qur’an and sure we will guard it" (from corruption). (Qur’an 15:9)

It really hearts me, when such things are shown/done by these stupid muslims. "Lanath-Allah". / May Allah Guide Them.

Almeftah

thats exactly what Shia people want to do as well, they have thier hearts blinded by shaytan, but dont worry, Sunna will stay as long as there are Sunna people.

"176. And let not those grieve you (O Muhammad
saws.gif
) who rush with haste to disbelieve; verily, not the least harm will they do to Allah It is Allahs Will to give them no portion in the Hereafter. For them there is a great torment".[Al-Imran3:176]

rtbour

american muslima
-- I have some issues with this article and the ignorance of many people who are working on this so here it goes:

"Turkey is engaged in a bold and profound attempt to rewrite the basis for Islamic sharia law while also officially reinterpreting the Qur'an for the modern age."

--When did they become an expert in Interperting Islamic Law, Islamic Sharia, or the Quran? It's like Italy or Some other Non-Muslim Country trying to Interperit the Hadiths and the Qur'an and then saying this is what Muslims should believe First tell them to Learn about Islam and to start worshipping Allah instead of Attaturk or Ali, before they can start interpreting anything related to Islam. If they want to interperit something to suit them then that is their problem don't involve Islam or Muslims in this. This should be something Turkey wants for their people even though there might be things which go against Islam, this shouldn't involve Other muslims in this.

"The result, say experts following the ambitious experiment, could be to diminish Muslim discrimination against women, banish some of the brutal penalties associated with Islamic law, such as stoning and amputation, and redefine Islam as a modern, dynamic force in the large country that pivots between east and west, leaning into the Middle East while aspiring to join the European Union."

--Discimination against women? If they think Islam discriminates against women, then what would be the point of Muslim women to raise their children in Islam, if it discriminats against them? They would rather teach them a religion or a belief all across the world other then Islam since as the article says Islam discriminates against women. But we have women who teach their children about Islam and they also are many women who teach Islam in schools and universitys. Why would women do this if discrimination is allowed in Islam?

"A team of reformist Islamic scholars at Ankara University

--Sorry there is no "Islamic" Scholars of Islam in Turkey maybe wannabe ignorant people who think they are scholars but no real Islamic Scholars, the Only Scholars of Islam which I am familar with are those from Umm Quraa and Islamic University of Medina in KSA, who dedicate their life to the Qur'an and the Sunnah and teach it to other but maybe some here or there in some countries as well : )

"abolition of the death penalty, a campaign against honour killings, and the training and appointment of several hundred women as imams"

--Death Penalty are for rapist, Murderers, those who Torture, and those who spy against ones country. And each and everyone of them have reasons for it. No one wants to live in a country or a place where some guy rapes a girl or women then gets jail time for 20-30 years then goes back to the street to rape more amoung innocent women and girls. And Honor Killings is not part of Islam to begin with, that is why you would only see Honor Killings in countries like Turkey, Jordan, Pakistan and other Countries which are Higly Influenced by Sufism/Ikwani'ism/Shiaism/Deobandi'ees which are groups outside the fold of Islam. That is why you won't see Honor Killings In Places like Saudia because they don't have the same Evil Ideology in terms of religion like those other countries I mentioned.

"It says that a significant number of the sayings were never uttered by Muhammad, and even some that were need now to be reinterpreted."

--Those who narrarated the Hadiths were His companions and sometimes members of his family and there is a chain of Narrarations which go Back to him. There are also many companions who varify what he said and he did and they all agree with one another. There is something called "Science" of Hadiths which real Scholars study.

"Turkey is intent on sweeping away that "cultural baggage" and returning to a form of Islam it claims accords with its original values and those of the Prophet."

--Islam isn't a "cultural baggage" to begin with you made Islam a cultural thing? If that was so then there would be no reason for practising Islam if it is all about culture. So what we call African people who aren't Muslims? Part of African Animist Culture?

"There's also violence against women within families, including sexual harassment... This does not exist in Islam... we have to explain that to them"

--Sexual Harassment isn't part of Islam and I don't even know why this person would even bring that up when this happens in every country. Islam doesn't say to Sexually Harrass your wife or daughter if this sick pervert thinks so then he should be in a Mental Hospital

""Fadi Hakura believes that until now secularist Turkey has been intent on creating a new politics for Islam."

--Islam is not a Polticall System it's a way of Life a deen(religion), and If they are Muslims they shouldn't involve themselves in Politics, they should busy themselves knowing who to worship and How to worship first then they can start talking about other things

""You can't say, for example, that the verses of violence override the verses of peace. This is used a lot in the Middle East, this kind of ideology."

--We take no Hadith no Matter if they are latter Hadiths or New Hadith because there is no such thing called Latter or New Hadith, There is something In Islam called "Science" of Hadiths which I metioned before, where we verify the chain of Narrarations. This is how we verify Hadiths, we don't verify Hadiths based upon Old or New Hadiths because the Old Hadiths might be currupted Text.

"I cannot impress enough how fundamental "

--Yah I'm sure how fundamentalist this change is :D
"--Death Penalty are for rapist, Murderers, those who Torture, and those who spy against ones country. And each and everyone of them have reasons for it. No one wants to live in a country or a place where some guy rapes a girl or women then gets jail time for 20-30 years then goes back to the street to rape more amoung innocent women and girls."
My response to that: 20-30 years in jail instead of the death penalty? Well, welcome to America!
I think they get less time in jail than that, though, in here. Which is why so many people get raped, beaten, and murdered, in my opinion.
"And Honor Killings is not part of Islam to begin with, that is why you would only see Honor Killings in countries like Turkey, Jordan, Pakistan and other Countries which are Higly Influenced by Sufism/Ikwani'ism/Shiaism/Deobandi'ees which are groups outside the fold of Islam. That is why you won't see Honor Killings In Places like Saudia because they don't have the same Evil Ideology in terms of religion like those other countries I mentioned."
My response to that is: My husband is from Jordan, and while I have heard that honor killings do occur on rare occasion in small remote villages in Jordan (read that somewhere online, cant remember where, but i will try to find it if neccessary), they are not common practice. And according to my husband, the majority of muslims in Jordan are Sunni. Maybe my information is not correct, and if that is true, I would love to know, as my information comes from a Jordanian (who may be a little biased toward making his country look good...). But i had to say my part!

MTYKK

Banned
DO NOT POST BEFORE READING THIS LINK

http://diyanet8.diyanet.gov.tr/english/default.asp

YOU ARE ALL DOING WHAT SHAYTAAN WANTS YOU TO DO...
CAUSE FITNA AND HATRED BETWEEN MUSLIMS WITHOUT ANY KNOWLEDGE...

BY CALLING YOUR BROTHERS, SISTERS, KHALIFA, ULAMA, Misguided, Stupid etc.
Is if befitting for us Muslims to speak about our brothers in that manner without the reality of the situation based on the words of kuffar? (BBC)

COME ONE PEOPLE, BE MUSLIMS, RESPECT YOURSELVES by Respecting your brothers.

You should be saying, Not a chance, there must be something that's not being said in this article (as is the case) and trust your brother to stay in the Straight Path. and NOT wish the wrath of Allah Ta'ala upon them, shame on all of you.

May Allah Ta'ala guide you to the Perfectness of Islaam, and remove self-righteousness from your hearts.

muharram23

Staff member
Salamu alaykum

NO need for people to become all angry. We have a lot of ulema who will eventually speak about this if it is necesarry. We know that everyone is against islam and it will be like this until the day of judgment. Falsehood and truth can never coexist with one another. There are enemies of islaam inside and outside of it. The Quar'an and the sunnah will be protected by Allah, as it was protected for the past 1400 years.
Even if these news are true, soo what? IT is nothing new. It will happen again, and again until we meet ALlah Azawajal. Alhamdulilah ALlah is protecting this religion so we dont have to fear about it, but fear about ourselves.
With that in mind, i am going to close this thread to prevent further arguing. There is no benefit in this thread.

Allah knows best
wasalam

Status
Not open for further replies.