Crazy! Are you the only extremist?

Nureyni Amir

Innanillah, I though Muslimah's are being asked stupid questions by non-Muslims only But i figure out that some Muslims are as ignorant as some non-Muslims.

A Muslim Person who ma'sha'allah memorized the Qur'an asked me if all my family are sheik.
I replied non of them are sheik.
They asked: Are you the only extremist?
I set there speechless trying to adjust what am hearing.

Although many times i have been called Extremist, terrorist, Devil or being taken picture, or insulted BUT i was not at all surprised nor shocked as i was with this person.

May Allah guide us i guess the remote of ignorance is being installed in the mind of the Muslims too.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
:salam:

What did he mean by calling you an "extremist"? :eek:
Usually, following Quran and Sunaah dearly gets you such names.

Peace

Nureyni Amir

Walaikum Asalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh, I told her majority of the scholar said that niqab is wajib and i follow this opinion so maybe this might be the cause but Allahu Aalam.

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum ukhti,

I know it's hard to hear these statement subhanallah!

But try to find some points in common with this person, maybe she doesn't even know the real meaning of tawheed? Having memorised the Quran doesn't mean she always acts upon it. Wa Allahu 'alam.

Jazakillahu khayran

Nureyni Amir

Walaikum Asalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh sis, Jazakallahu kheyraa for the kind advice. A sister who knows her told me to just make du'a since the sister already knows better about religion. But how do i approach her?

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum ukhti wa jazaky!

I don't know, it depends why you want to approach her? To talk about Islam, learn Quran?

Be simple and just invite her for a coffee/tea or something, I don't know where you live etc so I can't really help with suggestions but keep it simple, put the differences at the side and start from simple conversations inshallah. She needs to understand that the 'extremist' is just a simple Muslim woman who is trying to please Allah and nobody else. Hope it makes sense lol

Jazakillahu khayran