Article says Israel may attack Iran in April

Ershad

:salam2:

Article says Israel may attack Iran in April

[yt]pDII78IRG5o[/yt]

The Washington Post claims that US Defence Secretary Leon Panetta believes there is a growing possibility that Israel will attack Iran as early as April.

An opinion article published on Thursday says the strike is likely to happen either in April, May, or June.

Panetta and the Pentagon both declined to comment on the report.

In Israel too, the Iran rhetoric has been stepped up, with a warning that time is running out to stop Tehran developing a nuclear weapon.

Israeli officials say Iran is developing a weapon that can reach the US, while Iran maintains its nuclear programme is for civilian purposes.

Al Jazeera's Nicole Johnston reports.

Source:http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americas/2012/02/20122392950666773.html

Ershad

Panetta believes Israel may strike Iran this spring — reports

Panetta believes Israel may strike Iran this spring — reports​

WASHINGTON: US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta believes there is a growing possibility Israel will attack Iran as early as April to stop Tehran from building a nuclear bomb, US media reported on Thursday.

The Washington Post first reported that Panetta was concerned about the increased likelihood Israel would launch an attack over the next few months. CNN said it confirmed the report, citing a senior Obama administration official, who declined to be identified.

“Panetta believes there is a strong likelihood that Israel will strike Iran in April, May or June - before Iran enters what Israelis described as a ‘zone of immunity’ to commence building a nuclear bomb,” Washington Post columnist David Ignatius wrote.

“Very soon, the Israelis fear, the Iranians will have stored enough enriched uranium in deep underground facilities to make a weapon - and only the United States could then stop them militarily,” Ignatius wrote.

Ignatius did not cite a source. He was writing from Brussels where Panetta was attending a NATO defense ministers’ meeting.

Panetta and the Pentagon both declined comment on the Post report.

Israel, widely believed to possess the Middle East’s only nuclear arsenal, views Iran’s uranium enrichment projects as a major threat and has not ruled out the use of military force to prevent Tehran from acquiring nuclear weapons.

Iran says its nuclear program is solely for peaceful purposes.

The Post article said the postponement of a joint US-Israeli military exercise that had been scheduled for this spring may have signaled the prospect of an Israeli attack soon.

Washington and the European Union imposed tighter sanctions on Iran in recent weeks in a drive to force Tehran to provide more information on its nuclear program.

Iran has said repeatedly it could close the vital Strait of Hormuz shipping lane if sanctions succeed in preventing it from exporting crude, a move Washington said it would not tolerate.

Israel’s military intelligence chief said on Thursday he estimated that Iran could make four atomic bombs by further enriching uranium it had already stockpiled, and could produce its first bomb within a year of deciding to build one.

But in his rare public remarks, Maj. Gen. Aviv Kochavi held out the possibility that stronger international sanctions might dissuade Tehran from pursuing a policy he had no doubt was aimed at developing nuclear weapons.

Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak said separately that “if sanctions don’t achieve the desired goal of stopping (Iran’s) military nuclear program, there will be a need to consider taking action.”

Source: http://arabnews.com/middleeast/article570611.ece

Ershad

Iran’s Khamenei warns over military strike, oil embargo threat

Iran’s Khamenei warns over military strike, oil embargo threat

TEHRAN: Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Friday the Islamic Republic would not yield to international pressure to abandon its nuclear course, threatening retaliation for sanctions aimed at Iran’s oil exports.

“Threatening Iran and attacking Iran will harm America ... Sanctions will not have any impact on our determination to continue our nuclear course ... In response to threats of oil embargo and war, we have our own threats to impose at the right time,” Khamenei told worshippers in a speech broadcast live on state television.

“I have no fear of saying that we will back and help any nation or group that wants to confront and fight against the Zionist regime (Israel).”

Source: http://arabnews.com/middleeast/article570723.ece

Ershad

Israel says Iran has material for four A-bombs

JERUSALEM: Israel estimated on Thursday that Iran could make four atomic bombs by further enriching uranium it has already stockpiled, and could produce its first within a year of deciding to build one.

But in his rare public remarks, Maj. Gen. Aviv Kochavi, chief of military intelligence, held out the possibility stronger international sanctions might dissuade Tehran from pursuing a policy he had no doubt was aimed at developing nuclear weapons, despite Iranian denials.

Citing figures similar to those from the UN nuclear agency, Kochavi told Israel’s annual Herzliya Conference on strategic affairs: “Iran has accumulated more than 4 tons of uranium enriched to a level of 3.5 percent and nearly 100 kilos at an enrichment level of 20 percent.

“This amount of material is already enough for four atomic bombs.”

Nuclear bombs require uranium enriched to 90 percent, but Western experts say much of the effort required to get there is already achieved once it reaches 20-percent purity, shortening the time needed for any nuclear weapons “break-out.”

One former UN inspector said last month Iran could have enough 20-percent uranium for one bomb - about 250 kg of the material - in about a year from now.

Tehran says it will use 20 percent-enriched uranium to convert into fuel for a research reactor making isotopes to treat cancer patients. Western officials say they doubt that the country has the technical capability to do that.

Referring to Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, in whose country’s hands Israel believe a nuclear weapon would threaten the survival of the Jewish state, Kochavi said:

“From the moment Khamenei gives an order ... to speed up production of the first nuclear explosive device, we estimate it will take about a year to complete the task.”

Arming a missile with a nuclear warhead, he added, could take a year or two longer.

Western experts’ estimates of how quickly Iran could assemble a nuclear weapon if it decides to do so range from as little as six months to a year or more. Some believe Iran hopes to develop nuclear technology but stop short of building weapons, a move from which it is barred by treaty commitments.

In a report in November, the United Nations’ International Atomic Energy Agency said Iran had almost 5 tons of low-enriched uranium and, citing data from September, 73.7 kg of uranium with a purity of 20 percent.

“Iran continues to contend that its program is for peaceful and civilian purposes,” Kochavi said.

“But a long series of solid, strong data in our hands prove beyond any doubt that Iran is continuing to engage in developing nuclear weapons,” he said in the speech, in which he steered clear of discussing Israel’s military options.

Israel, widely believed to possess the Middle East’s only nuclear arsenal, has said it would use force if necessary to prevent Tehran from acquiring nuclear weapons.

It has made little comment on Iranian accusations that its agents, along with those of its Western allies, are behind assassinations and explosions that appear to form part of a covert war to sabotage Iran’s nuclear development capacity.

In separate remarks in Tel Aviv, Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak said “we are in a period of diplomacy and sanctions” in trying to curb Iran’s nuclear ambitions.

“It is clear to all that there is no need to take any option off the table, that there needs to be intensive and urgent diplomacy and that sanctions on Iran need to include not only on oil but on the financial system and the central bank,” Barak told reporters.

Washington and the European Union have imposed tighter sanctions in recent weeks on both Iran’s oil exports and on international financial transactions with Tehran.

Kochavi said the current sanctions have not led to a change in Iranian strategy, but could still have an effect.

“But the stronger the (pressure), the greater the potential for the regime - which is worried first and foremost about its survival - to reconsider,” he said.

Tension between Iran and the West over Iran’s nuclear work has increased since November, when the IAEA published a report that said Tehran appeared to have worked on designing a nuclear weapon.

Iran says its nuclear energy program is peaceful and aimed at generating electricity and other civilian uses.

Source:
http://arabnews.com/middleeast/article570361.ece

Ahsen

Muslims can't decide who is worse.Iran or israel. If the arab leaders man up and stand up for themselves ..........

John Smith

Get it done already! you what i think if the israelis had the #@**# to do it it would have been done by now just like they did iraq,the problem here is that indirectly the americans have actually contributed to the iranian regime being stronger by toppling saddam & the taliban,this would not have been acheived without the compliccit support of the iranians who backed the shia maliti in iraq and the northen alliance in afghanista.

The first countries to see an iranian strike will be saudi,baharain & qatar then israel will be attacked via hamas,hizbullah & syria.

The quicker they destroy themselves the better for the sunni world.

Putra Nusantara

I do not know who should be supported, this is dilemma, I hate Israel, of course! But Iran? I don't know, may Allah give guidance to me, amin, insha Allah

islamforme

israel vs iran

Do you think israel will really go to war with iran along with american.
If that happens this might result in World war as all the middle east countries, europe and asia might come to war. what is the mood in Iran. Any iranians in the forum please share.

bmw540i

Obama says risky to attack Iran, wants diplomatic fix

U.S. President Barack Obama said on Sunday there were important risks to consider before any military strike against Iran and made clear he does not want to see more conflict in the oil-producing Gulf region.

In a television interview, Obama also said he did not believe Tehran had the "intentions or capabilities" to attack the United States, playing down the threats from Tehran and saying he wanted a diplomatic end to the nuclear standoff.http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/06/iran-idUSL5E8D50L320120206

dna1987

Muslim Guy
The stupidity of some of the comments on this thread makes it hard to visit TTI for serious news discussions. I don't know if it's because there are a whole bunch of immature teenagers commenting or people that are just hungry for war.

Why would anyone want a war to happen? Do you love bloodshed?

Assalam alaikum.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Good to see you posting again.

Well, start posting again. And lets have a serious discussion on when war is permitted. Lets do Quran and Sunna folks.

What are the scholars telling us?

zelim123

Assalamu Alaikum,

I advice you to listen about this task InshaAllah you will know more about it and all they want is the control over the Iranian oil so they will have the power over machinery and nowadays we can't drive without oil so u will have to buy from the jews and they can do whatever they want with the price

Seeker-of-truth

imran hosein is a deviant evil evil man may Allah guide the stupid man, how he lies and makes stuff up and everyone eats it

atleast watch the video

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OcBiKNr3uI[/ame]

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

What are the hadith telling us to think. What is the role of the common believer. The chess game being played is beyond me. But, how do I reconcile myself without compromising my faith; rather by making is stronger. What should I be doing that is correct. Is what we need to concentrate on.

Seeker-of-truth

we dont need to talk about when war is permitted because this war doesnt concern us, if america was to fight iran it wont affect me in the slightest

zelim123

War (Jihad) is permitted when ur rights are violated. We are allowed to strike back if the non believers come at us with some kind of excuses ''oh the have nuclear weapons and they're terrorists so we may attack them and stop them before they take control of the world'' and i never heard about that video which u posted but i know one thing that sheikh always says its his opinion don't believe it unless ur convinced.

sclavus

Praise to Allah,

If Iran attacks the Jewish state on the land of Palestine, I'll be violently amazed! Imami Shia have with the Jews various religious similarities and have been working in tandem against Sunni people and governments throughout history.

But the Jews of Israel aren't first category Jews, they could be sacrificed for a good reason. What happened in WW2 was just an example: Jews mass murdering other Jews to amplify the international outcry on Antisemitism, Jews will benefit...

Sunni Muslims should instead fear for themselves, since Shia books and speeches do not predict anything good for us. They consider us to be damned, and if we happen to convert and believe what they believe we'll make ourselves even more damned! The solution they have to relieve us from our sinful existence is to wipe us off the face of the world!

Assalaamo alaykom.