AS vs SAWS

Tomtom

Banned
:salam2:

Jazzak Allah khair dear brother for correcting me Alhamdulillah,and may Allah forgive me because I did not expressed well my words.

Alhadmulilah brother, that only Allah subhanahu wa teala is perfect SubhanAllah and is above everything, but I meant to say that our Prophet sallahu alayha wa salam is the perfect example of the most good, noble and humble human being that exist and he is the one who was the best Servant of Allah and his behaviour and beautiful ahlaq is example and mercy to all mankind.

And Allah knows the best.

May Allah bless you.Ameen ya Rabb.

I agree to all of the above and may Allah bless you too dear sister. Ameen.
:wasalam:

I agree to all of the above and may Allah bless you too dear sister. Ameen.

strive-may-i

Found just one hadees?

As'alaamu Alaikkum

The Prophet (pbuh) himself said that he is not any more important any other Prophet or Messenger.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82195
Giving you the benefit of doubt, Have you found no other Hadees, that could weigh more than this Hadees? Guess the informant did not present the other Hadees...!

Some Muslims revere the Prophet (pbuh) so much that he has been elevated above Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.
Who? Why you think these so called "Some" forgot about Almighty. The Almighty whom Prophet :saw: said he is the slave of Allah. Did you specifically ask them their reverence for Prophet:saw: was above that of Allah Almighty??!!???

I still give you my benefit of doubt...

strive-may-i

We all love him sister, but you are contradicting the Prophet (pbuh) yet again by calling him a perfect human being. Go and read his hadiths and in it he makes mistakes like any human being and what is his excuse? He says "I'm just a human being". Only Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala is perfection, otherwise you are bordering on shirk.

Yes but he was the perfect example.
... the nature of a human being, should be reflected upon....

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
In the Quran, God tells us that He “prays” for the Prophet (PBUH) and so do the angels and asks us to do likewise and send our greetings to him (33:56). Therefore, it is highly recommended that we say Salla Allaahu Alayhi wa Sallam (May God bless and greet him), which is commonly abbreviated PBUH (peace be upon him), whenever Muhammad’s name is mentioned.

As for other prophets, for the angels and for some distibuished people, such as Mary, we are encouraged to say “Alaihi As-Salaam” (peace be upon him), or in the case of Mary “Alayha as-Salaam” (peace be uoun her), because the Prophet (PBUH) did so.

I guess no one read this part.

strive-may-i

Some of the Prophets are exalted, in Almighty Allah's eyes. Now thats Almighty Allahs perspective.
And your Lord knows best all who are in the heavens and the earth. And indeed, We have preferred some of the Prophets above others, and to Dawud (David) We gave the Zabur (Psalms).
Quran 17:55
Translated by Muhsin Khan

Now what should our perspective be?
The Messenger (Muhammad SAW) believes in what has been sent down to him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers. Each one believes in Allah, His Angels, His Books, and His Messengers. They say, "We make no distinction between one another of His Messengers" - and they say, "We hear, and we obey. (We seek) Your Forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the return (of all)."
Quran 2:285
Translated by Muhsin Khan

"The messenger believeth in that which hath been revealed unto him from his Lord and (so do) believers. Each one believeth in Allah and His angels and His scriptures and His messengers - We make no distinction between any of His messengers - and they say: We hear, and we obey. (Grant us) Thy forgiveness, our Lord. Unto Thee is the journeying."
Quran 2:285
Translated by Pickthall.

strive-may-i

Assalaam walaikum,

Hope this helps:

That is a good convention created by as-Salaf as-Saalih (the righteous predecessors) after the death of the Propehet (PBUH).

In the Quran, God tells us that He “prays” for the Prophet (PBUH) and so do the angels and asks us to do likewise and send our greetings to him (33:56). Therefore, it is highly recommended that we say Salla Allaahu Alayhi wa Sallam (May God bless and greet him), which is commonly abbreviated PBUH (peace be upon him), whenever Muhammad’s name is mentioned.

As for other prophets, for the angels and for some distibuished people, such as Mary, we are encouraged to say “Alaihi As-Salaam” (peace be upon him), or in the case of Mary “Alayha as-Salaam” (peace be uoun her), because the Prophet (PBUH) did so.

BTW, God “praying” for somebody means He graces them.

In the Quran, God tells us that He “is pleased with” the Sahaaba (companions of the Prophet, PBUH), who pledged allegiance to the Prophet (PBUH) (48:18). That is the origin of the phrase Radhiya Allaahu `Anhu (May God have been pleased with him), commonly abbreviated RA, in reference to the Sahaaba.

For all subsequent Muslims, the convention has been to say Rahimahu Allaah (May God have mercy on him), in reference to a deceased Muslim.

I guess no one read this part.
:salam2:
:)

The prayer thing ringed in my ears. There is one more dua The ummah of Prophet:saw: do, for our beloved Prophet.

After hearing the adhan (prayer call), we say;

"Allahumma Rabba hathihid-Daawatit tammah, wassalatil Qa imah ati Muhammadan al waseelata wal fadeelah, wa ib'ath-hu maqaman mahmoodan allathee wa'ad-tah, innaka laa tukhliful-me'aad."

And it means: :

"O Allah, Owner of this perfect call and Owner of this prayer to be performed, bestow upon Muhammad al waseelah (a station in Paradise) and al fadeelah (a rank above the rest of creation) and send him upon a raised platform which you have promised him. Verily, You never fail in Your Promise."
Because we need his intercession in the day of judgement, And we want the Promise Allah made to the best of Humans to become true.

The thread title AS V/S PBUH, I think is a bit incorrect!!
( because no Muslim sees it that way (I checked with the few I know)!

inquizator

Salam Alykum

I called an educated Brother who knows the Qur'an by heart and he told me that my problem with this is in the translation and I read 33:56.
He understood "exactly" what I meant but said if I knew Arabic, then I'd understand.
I still don't fully understand but I'll accept it.
The topic or thread was at least something we all got involved in.

Kakorot

That which distinguishes him from the rest of the Prophets, with regards to this World

1. The greatest revelation: the Qur’aan.
2. The Seal of the Prophets.
3. The earth was made pure for him and a place of prayer.
4. The taking of the spoils of war.
5. Sent to both mankind and jinn.
6. Lead all of the Prophets in prayer in Jerusalem.
7. That which is between his house and his grave is a garden from the gardens of paradise.
8. His city would never be affected by plague.
9. Prayer in his masjid is multiplied one thousand fold.
10. The book revealed to him will be preserved from error and distortion.
11. The day of Jummu’ah.
12. The last two verses of Surah al-Baqarah.
13. Allaah swore by his life.
14. His followers are obligated to send Salaah and Salaam upon him.
15. The splitting of the moon.
16. The description of ad-Dajjaal.

That which distinguishes him from the rest of the Prophets, with regards to the Afterlife

1. He will be the first to be resurrected.
2. He will be the first to enter Paradise.
3. He will be granted al-Maqaam al-Mahmuud. (Make du’aa to Allaah)
4. He will be the first to intercede.
5. He will be granted al-Kawthar.
6. He will be granted al-Waseelah.
7. He will have the largest congregation.
8. He will be able to partially intercede for a non-Muslim.

More info in this thread: http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72566*!

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamu Alekum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaathuh brother. First of all, it's Fardh/Wajib for a Mumin to say SAW after hearing the name of Muhammad (or after hearing his title, Rasulallah) (because the curse of Allah (SWT) will be upon the one who doesn't say SAW after hearing the name of Rasulallah SAW).

Now as for a Nabi, we MUST also show our respect to them. It's okay for a person to feel more attracted to Muhammad (SAW) more than the other prophets (like the same way a person would feel more attracted to their own (good) father/parents than to the father/parents of other people. Because in a way, Rasulallah (SAW) is like the "father" of our Ummah), but it's Haram for a Mumin to start saying/thinking that "this Nabi is better than that Nabi," because all of the Anbiyya were beloved Awliya of Allah (SWT), and yes, there are Anbiya which Allah (SWT) praised/favored over others, but He has the full right to do so (and we can't lower any of them, etc. because they sacrificed their entire lives for Allah (SWT) and Allah (SWT) testifies in the Quran that He is pleased with all of them).

And also, if you want, after mentioning the name of any Nabi, you can say, "Aleyhiss-Salatu wass-Salam," which means, "May the Blessings of Allah (SWT) and Peace be upon him."