Asalam Alakum wa Rahmet Allah

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
:bismillah1:
The Story of Bismillah

Bismillah plays an important role in Islamic Culture. Following the practice of the Holy Prophet Muhammad, peace and blesssings be upon him and his Household (Ahlul Bayt), Muslims begin with the name of Allah before doing anything. Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim is translated as "In the name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful". Bismillah occurs at the head of every chapter (surah) in the Holy Qur'an, with the exception of the 9th chapter, Surah al-Baraa'at (also called Surah al-Tawbah).

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
:salam2:
Bismillah is very important. Should we do this before doing everything? Such as before I submit this post, before I do a good deed, etc.? I know that you should say it before eating, however.

JazakAllah Khair, and thank you for the post. Alhamdallah.

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Alakum wa rahmet Allah Wa barakatu

:salam2:
Yes Bismillah should be said before everything. No matter how big or small. Because your doing everything in the Name of Allah.

haris

Patience
aslam O alikum!

Could you tell me why there is no Bismillah at the start of Surah al-Tawbah

Wsalam

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
aslam O alikum!

Could you tell me why there is no Bismillah at the start of Surah al-Tawbah

Wsalam

:wasalam:
From Abdullah Yusuf 'Ali's introduction to the Surah:

"Logically this Surah follows up the argument of the last Surah (al-Anfaal), and indeed may be considered a part of it, although chronologically the two are separated by an interval of 7 years ... This is the only Surah to which the usual formula of Bismillah is not prefixed. It was among the last of the Surahs revealed, and though the Prophet had directed that it should follow Surah 8 (al-Anfaal), it was not clear whether it was to form a separate Surah or only a part of Surah 8. It is now treated as a separate Surah, but the Bismillah is not prefixed to it, as there is no warrant for supposing that the Prophet used the Bismillah before it in his recitation of the Qur'an."

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Alakum wa rahmet Allah Wa barakatu

I found this on the internet, i hope it helps!

In his well-known, The Meaning of the Qur'an, Sayyed Abu Al-A`la Al-Maududi states: "Surat At-Tawbah is known by two names: At-Tawbah and Bara'ah. It is called At-Tawbah because it enunciates the nature of Tawbah (repentance) and mentions the conditions of its acceptance. The second name, Bara'ah (Release), is taken from the first word of the Surah.

This is the only Surah of the Qur'an to which the Basmallah is not prefixed. Though the commentators have given different reasons for this, the correct one that which has been given by Imam Razi is that the Prophet himself did not dictate it at the beginning of the surah. Therefore, the Companions (may Allah be pleased with them all) did not prefix it and so did their successors. This is a further proof of the fact that utmost care has been taken to keep the Qur'an intact so that it should remain in its complete and original form."