Question: Asalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Nureyni Amir

I have two question?

1: Is it permissible for me to unfriend a person because of their message about Sufism such as "Tariqah is the path chosen by an individual to Know Allah Almighty" and they told you to avoid scholar like Dr.Zakir Naik, Bilal Philips saying that they are wahabiss.
I already told this person to study the religion further and keep themselves far from Bid'a.
I trying telling them as much as I know but they said "i came to that conclusion only after doing my own research...it started at the age of 20 and it took me forty years to come out and share and voice my views…never accepted anything blindly."

Secondly, we created this page a while ago in hope to share lessons from a book called Advice For Muslim Women. However, this page is turning into Question and answer session. I receive question and that is not my goal when starting this page. And I feel obligated to answer some question by searching or asking help from my sheik. More importantly some of the question that is asked is question that really need the involvement of the scholar for it is sometimes major sin or the person Is seeking for marriage. So my question is, is it okay for me to ignore the questions?

Jazakahllahu keyran katheran and I appreciate if we have more facts than I think and I believe although opinion counts too.
Barakhallah.

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
I have two question?

1: Is it permissible for me to unfriend a person because of their message about Sufism such as "Tariqah is the path chosen by an individual to Know Allah Almighty" and they told you to avoid scholar like Dr.Zakir Naik, Bilal Philips saying that they are wahabiss.
I already told this person to study the religion further and keep themselves far from Bid'a.
I trying telling them as much as I know but they said "i came to that conclusion only after doing my own research...it started at the age of 20 and it took me forty years to come out and share and voice my views…never accepted anything blindly."

It is permissible if the person is trying to deviate you from the Straight Path. No matter what people say Sufism and for that matter Shi'aism were innovations that were invented in Baghdad after the death of the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam). Worryingly, Sufism has grown to such an extent that the majority of Muslims in the Indian sub-continent are Sufis. They seem to have a 'saint' at every corner and they practice grave worship which the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Sallam) explicitly forbidden. Millions of Sufis also seem to have mixed their religion with the 'culture' of the land, for example, hinduism in India.

Secondly, we created this page a while ago in hope to share lessons from a book called Advice For Muslim Women. However, this page is turning into Question and answer session. I receive question and that is not my goal when starting this page. And I feel obligated to answer some question by searching or asking help from my sheik. More importantly some of the question that is asked is question that really need the involvement of the scholar for it is sometimes major sin or the person Is seeking for marriage. So my question is, is it okay for me to ignore the questions?

Sorry I don't know the answer to this question, please seek advise from a scholar.

Salaam

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
:bismillah1:
wa alaikum asalaam wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

Sister, speaking in terms of what is good behaviour on the internet, I think there is no blame on you if you do not answer the questions, unless you clearly say "Ask and I will answer". It may be good to add a line or two clarifying what the posting facility is for, and requesting people to take their questions somewhere reputable, maybe suggesting where, eg imam.

You can be almost certain questions will still be asked, so you need maybe to check from time to time if other visitors are answering without knowledge. Eventually you may feel the need to remove the facility from the page. From my experience, the more questions that are answered, the more that are asked.

In any case, may Allah swt reward you with good for the efforts you have made to help people with their problems. Allah hafiz