Ashkenazi and Sephardic Jews

Searching_soul

:salam2:

Does anyone here know whats the difference between sephardic and Ashkenazi Jews?

I heard that Sephardic jews are the Real Children of Israel (Bani israel from the 12 tribes (sons) of Yacoob (AS) )

And i heard that Ashkenazi jews are People of German/Eastern European Origin who Converted to Judaism and they are not truly the original Israelites.

And Israel at the present moment contains 80 -90 % Ashkenazi Jews and 10 - 20 % Sephardic Jews.

Is this information true?

:wasalam:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam

This notion of Jewish people being a pure race etc is nonsense.

We are all human beings, many of the Muslims who live in Palestine are just as semitic as Christian or Jews who lived with them and are entitled to being descendents of the Children of Israel.

EVen then, it does not make anyone special, it is our beliefs, words and actions that set us apart.

If you go to Palestine, you will see a lot of European, Russian, African and Indian "Jews". Even to be "Jewish" as defined by the Zionists, you do not have to believe in God. So, there are many atheist etc even there are Nazi who graffitied anti semitic things in Israel.... and they were Russian "Israeli Jews"

The issue of race and identity is one that is relatively new, the Zionists came up with a lot of the doctrine to garner support for their plans. They deny the right for Palestinians to exist, they do not even consider Palestinian people to be a legitimate people.

Zafran

Muslim Brother
salaam

The term Jews is a religious and ethnic term - The Zionist have the idea that the land belongs to the Jews - its a crazy sitiution.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
salaam

The term Jews is a religious and ethnic term - The Zionist have the idea that the land belongs to the Jews - its a crazy sitiution.

wa alaykum salam, according to them, but I do not believe so.

This issue of ethnicity/race is often used as a defence for the actions of the Zionist State and its supporters.

They accuse people of anti-semitism, yet carry out actions which are anti-human !

Everybody should be protected from racism or attacks of any kind perpetrated against a group of people. Justice is for all.

nighean

wa alaykum salam, according to them, but I do not believe so.

This issue of ethnicity/race is often used as a defence for the actions of the Zionist State and its supporters.

Forgive me, but I hear the word "zionist" a lot on this blog site. What does it really mean and what is its origin? Does it refer to a particular group of people by their religion or ethnic origin - Jews - or does it refer to a particular group of people by their actions or beliefs? Or, is it a just a slander of some sort? Not really sure...

vironchopin

The Kingdom of Khazaria

The long lost Kingdom of Khazaria might give some explaination. Wikipedia has a lot of sound explaination too. These were the people of Turkic origin who converted to Jewish and established the powerful kingdom.