Asking guidance

sunnyhayat

Still trying to increas Imaan
I am on the path of reverting but it is very diffucult I know. With blessing of all merciful and benevolent I hope to do it as soon as possible. Tilll then is it possible to take shahadat secretly, do prayers in isolation without letting family know about conversion? Even if going to any prayer place of other religion namaz prayers can be recited silently?
This will relieve lot of tensions and problems.
What is the opinion of the learned and seniors?

abdullahinislam

I am on the path of reverting but it is very diffucult I know. With blessing of all merciful and benevolent I hope to do it as soon as possible. Tilll then is it possible to take shahadat secretly, do prayers in isolation without letting family know about conversion? Even if going to any prayer place of other religion namaz prayers can be recited silently?
This will relieve lot of tensions and problems.
What is the opinion of the learned and seniors?

I am none of the above but I am also a convert as of 3 years ago. I have listened to many talks about Islam from Scholars however.

What matters I believe is your intention. If you know that following your deen will be difficult for those around you to accept, being that you are new and need to increase your imaan, then I see no problem with doing so in secret. This will do 2 things:

1) Allow you to continue to develop your imaan and knowledge of the beautiful deen of Islam while safeguarding you from scrutiny from those who do not understand. At the moment, your conversion is fragile due to the fact you are just starting to learn about Islam and it's truth.

2) It will prevent those around you who do not understand the situation from impacting your views until you have strengthened yourself in knowledge of Islam(Knowledge of Islam).

Saying shahada will not be public, other than with Muslims so nobody whio will feel threatened by your conversion sdhould ever know. The shahadah must be witnessed, but it shoudl be Muslims who do that so youshould have no problem there.

One thing you need to be careful of is going to other places of prayer - You must remember that Shirk (belief in another god other than the 1 God) is a very bad sin and should be avoided. Thus, if you are for instance goign to a Buddhist temple currently, then you should avoid going there as they are worshiping a Man and using Idols whioch is haram.

Allah however knows what is in your heart so do things slowly and with the intention of doing it for Allah, and insha Allah, you will be helped and it will be made easy for you.

"The whole world is a place of prayer for you" - so if you are in ANY place, as long as you intend to pray to Allah and do not pray toward an Idol, then I am confident you can pray anywhere :)

I hope this helped even a little.

Allah hafiz

fada_all

may allah pave you you the way dear ukhtii , and make things easy for you to endure any diffuculity.

abdullahinislam

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 4.636 Narrated byAbu Dhaar I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Which mosque was built first?"
He replied, "Al-Masjid-ul-Haram."
I asked, "Which (was built) next?"
He replied, "Al-Masjid-ul-Aqs-a (i.e. Jerusalem)."
I asked, "What was the period in between them?"
He replied, "Forty (years)." He then added, "Wherever the time for the prayer comes upon you, perform the prayer, for all the earth is a place of worshipping for you."

abdullahinislam

Sorry for all the posts but I just want to add that I speak with no authority and everything I said, except the quote and reference that "the whole earth is a place of worship" is my opinion and not an authoritive view :) Phew, feel better now :)

Allah hafiz

Safiyah_

Of course you can take shahada already !
I also did it in secret and my parents still don't know.
There's no problem doing this, just TRY to do everything the right way and Allah SWT will be with you!

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatuh

There is nothing wrong with being Muslim in secret, I advise quite a lot of reverts to become Muslims in Secret, their parents and family do not know anything about it.

The most important thing is to say the Shahada and to become a Muslim. To testify that Allaah is the only deity worthy of worship and to testify that Muhammad is His last and final Messenger.

When your knowledge of Islaam and your Imaan is strong, then you can tell them, inshaAllaah, Allaah will help you!

Do not worry, concentrate on learning as much as you can, - but you must know, that once you make the Shahada, and you are a Muslim, then the prayers, fasting and all aspects of Islaam are obligatory upon you, just as they are for other Muslims.

You should pray at home, you can not pray in a temple or other place. Those places are for worship other than Allaah and also contain statues and images.

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatuh

rtbour

american muslima
Asalaamu alaikum! This is a really good topic. I wish I had known these things when I converted!!! It may have made things a lot easier for me at first (and still now!). I am sure it's a lot easier to learn things if you're not stressed about being bothered and guilt-tripped by your family and friends for becoming a muslim.