Assalam Alaikum brothers and sisters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aisha12

Assalam alaikum

I have a question to ask
well i have picture day at school on March 30 and i was thinking of leaving my hair out because usually i wear a :hijabi: at school
Is it wrong if i just not wear it for 1 day?
im so confused half of me wants to let my hair out and the other half thinks it wrong

:wasalam:

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Wa Alaykum Assalam

Is it wrong if i just not wear it for 1 day?

yes it's Haraam to unwear (take off) Hijab even 4 one sec..even 4 one moment

well i have picture day at school

taking of pictures of living, animate moving beings, like people, animals, birds, etc. it is forbidden..Haraam

n here : Ruling on photographs......
<wasalam>

Noor to shine

:salam2: sister
Dear sister remember that Allah swt is watching us all the times ......their is no single moment in our life out of the knoweldge of Allah swt. I am sure if you do what Allah swt told us to do even if you like to do the opposite sometime Allah will love you and reward you. We need to struggle against our ownselves.

with regards

suumaya

asalamu alaykum brother.
what if the picture is like a passport or ID, is that forbidden too????

taking of pictures of living, animate moving beings, like people, animals, birds, etc. it is forbidden..Haraam

Ahmed_2000

Servant of Allah
Assalaam Alaikum

Sister

As far as i heard from scholars is that

for passport its acceptable because it is essential to have for it. pictures taken for ID Cards and passport is esential so it is allowed for that reason . but taking photgraphs for fun is not allowed. even family photographs are not allowed because you can remember your family members by their names and taking photographhs doesnt serve any purpose for anything. its like icing on the cake.

Walaikum Assalaam.

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
asalamu alaykum brother.
what if the picture is like a passport or ID, is that forbidden too????

it is forbidden..Haraam

in case of Woman.....

that's depend on the purpose of using passport or ID.......

It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (1/496): “A woman should not allow anyone to photograph her face whether for a passport or for any other purpose, because it (her face) is ‘awrah, and because the existence of pictures in passports and elsewhere is one of the causes of fitnah… unless that is the case of necessity.”

n something necessary that would make this action permissible ,like using ID, n passport which make 4 sake of essential travel with company of one of her mahrams like doing Hajj or travel 4 treatment or makes hijrah from daar kufr (the abode of kufr). to dar islaam (the abode of Islam)... ..

Based on : in cases of necessity, things that are ordinarily forbidden are permitted.

Whatever the case, it is not permissible for a woman to obey anyone who tells her to disobey Allaah and take off her hijab in the street or in a picture. It is not permissible for a woman to do that unless it has reached the point of necessity, such as being compelled by force to do that, or if these documents are essential for the necessities of life.

It is not permissible to go against Islamic rulings in this case unless one is certain of the necessity or thinks it most likely. It is not permissible to do that for the sake of non-essential travel, rather it should only be done in the case of necessity and for essential documents such as residence permits and ID cards.

in case of Man

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Ibraaheem(may Allaah have mercy on him) saied :

Ruling on making partial image in cases of necessity

if the image is originally incomplete, such as a head-and-shoulders picture, etc., and there is removed from the picture that without which is could not live, then it may be understood from the comments of many of the fuqahaa’ that this is permissible, especially if there is a need for such partial pictures. Whatever the case, one has to fear Allaah as much as one can, and avoid that which Allaah and His Messenger have forbidden.

“And whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty).

And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine”

[al-Talaaq 65:2-3 – interpretation of the meaning]

....end Quoted......

And Allaah knows best.

Status
Not open for further replies.