Assalam Alaikum(i need help)

Aisha12

is it harram to take music class in school . i need it to pass my classes. is there any options or things that i could do in order to avoid the sin :tti_sister:

LaLa09

♥Amor vincit omnia♥
Sister if it is necessary for you to take the class then why not go ahead and do your best and get a good grade, instead of failing a needed class? I agree with what brother Ayman has said.

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam
if it's compulsory hate it in your heart though there's nutin much u can do and if its optional chose sutin else

wasalaamu 'alaikum

icadams

Even if it can proven that all music is haraam, an established principle of Islamic jurisprudence states that necessity permits the forbidden (الضرورات تبيح المحظورات). If you have no alternative but to take the class then you must take it and do your best to pass it. Another established principle of Fiqh is "expelling hardship has more priority than bringing benefit." (دفع المشقة أولى من جلب المصلحة)

God knows best.

Very well said. Jazak-Allahu khayran brother.

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
Asalam Aleekum,

Brother Ayman masha Allah said it all...

When i was in high school i was required to take a music class in order to graduate and i had to play the saxaphone, that didnt change who i am nor did it have a great impact on my life, it was just something i had to do to get the credit i needed. it was like i was just passing by a room, you get me... in addition, my brother was in a school music band for 3 years and he didnt want to be in the band but as a middle school student it was required from him so he did it. however, when he entered high school they still wanted him in the band because he was really good, however, he refused and he just took that one music class he needed for high school and that was the end of his music career.LOOOOLZ

salam,

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam
lol that is quiet funny he cud probably give them dawah now that they want him so bad in the band, alhamdulillah hope all goes well

Tigeda

Hello, Asalam Aleekum. I do not know if it is impolite for a non-muslim to greet like that, but I say it in truth.

I am from Australia, I was born here and love my country very much. My family was not very religious when I was growing up, but I believe in something. I have thought that I am a monotheist, I believe that there is one god, and different religions are different ways of living and showing their faith in god. I believe that Allah is God and God is Allah.

I believe that Islam is good, and I do not like the way it is portrayed by some people and some media in my country. I feel that a lot of people in my country cast judgment on Islam based on the actions of a few, and I don't think this is right.

I have friends that can say bad things about muslims, but they do not understand, they have been influenced by the media (among other things) and I try to change their views, or just open their mind up to other ideas where I can.

I also have friends that feel the same way I do, please not all Australians agree with what is said on our media, the television is not out voice.

All peaceful Muslims have a friend in Australia.
:SMILY139:

Maha*

Hello, Asalam Aleekum. I do not know if it is impolite for a non-muslim to greet like that, but I say it in truth.

I am from Australia, I was born here and love my country very much. My family was not very religious when I was growing up, but I believe in something. I have thought that I am a monotheist, I believe that there is one god, and different religions are different ways of living and showing their faith in god. I believe that Allah is God and God is Allah.

I believe that Islam is good, and I do not like the way it is portrayed by some people and some media in my country. I feel that a lot of people in my country cast judgment on Islam based on the actions of a few, and I don't think this is right.

I have friends that can say bad things about muslims, but they do not understand, they have been influenced by the media (among other things) and I try to change their views, or just open their mind up to other ideas where I can.

I also have friends that feel the same way I do, please not all Australians agree with what is said on our media, the television is not out voice.

All peaceful Muslims have a friend in Australia.
:SMILY139:

No, it is not at all impolite for a non-Muslim to greet like that. :) Wa alaikum el salam.

Do not worry, we know that not all Australians think Islam is violent. Please study more about Islam and may Allah guide you. :) If you have any questions feel free post them on TTI. I think it would be better if you started you own thread. :) And finally, welcome to TTI!

a_stranger

You are most welcome, thank you for your good feelings , May Allah (God) bless, islam teaches us to love good for all humanity.:SMILY139::SMILY139::SMILY139:

:salah::salah::salah::salah: