"At All Cost"

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Moon of Alabama
September 11, 2008

The U.S. is officially attacking Pakistani citizen within Pakistan's borders by military means:

President Bush secretly approved orders in July that for the first time allow American Special Operations forces to carry out ground assaults inside Pakistan without the prior approval of the Pakistani government, according to senior American officials.

This is an open declaration of war against Pakistan.

The commander of Pakistan's armed forces understood that and promises to fight back:

"The sovereignty and territorial integrity of the country will be defended at all cost and no external force is allowed to conduct operations inside Pakistan," [Gen. Ashfaq Parvez Kayani] said.

That grave sentence is the last one in the AP report.

Have the people of the United States understood what Bush is doing here?

He just started a war with a nuclear armed nation of some 170 million people.

Have the NATO/ISAF troops in Afghanistan and their civilian overlords understood what Bush is doing here?

U.S. troops outside of NATO/ISAF command attacked the country through which some 80% of all logistic that sustain those troops are shipped. There is no real alternative transport for these materials and last week the route was already shut down for day. That was clearly a warning.

The international media seem to be quiet about the issue.

There should be outrage. Attacks like the ground operation last week have zero military relevance for the outcome in Afghanistan. Kill one 'senior militant' and ten others will step up to take his job. But such operations endanger all 'western' troops and civilians in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

There are clear alternatives to this. The U.S. commander in Afghanistan requested 10,000 more troops to fight the Taliban within Afghanistan. Those could seal the border to Pakistan. But Bush does not want to pull troops out of Iraq and will send only some 3,500 to Afghanistan and that only next spring. Instead he widens the war to include another country.

Some 90% of the Pakistani public are already against any cooperation with the United States. Mr. Ten Percent Zardari lied and bribed himself into the Pakistani presidency with the help of the U.S. ambassador to the UN Zalmay Khalizad. The U.S. seems to think Zardari is an asset. In reality his approval rating in Pakistan is 14%. He is irrelevant. The Pakistani army will do what it thinks is best for the country, no matter what Zardari says.

General Kayani just announced layed down a marker: "The sovereignty and territorial integrity of the country will be defended at all cost."

It is time for people to understand what "all cost" includes. People may be more familiar with the term "all options are on the table." That is, what I think, Kayani meant.

Source: http://www.uruknet.de/?p=m47178&hd=&size=1&l=e

MOSABJA

The important thing to note about spate of Cross border raids in the beginning of Ramadan was.They were aimed at those areas where taliban and tribes had peace deal with the gov of Pakistan.

Where the local tribes and taliban had been supportive of army.

That shows two things

1)US does not want peace in Pakistan and tried its best to sabotage peace deal by targeting those who were pro gov.

2)US has been frustrated with ISI(Pak intelligence agency).Openly accusing it of playing a double game.specially with alleged ISI contacts with Legendary commander of Afghan era Maulvi Jalaludin haqqani.they also said now we will not inform Pakistan bcz when earlier they informed Pak about strike ISI "allegedly" foretold Mujahideen to evacuate.

what Enraged and Infuriated Army was that It was already in a Quagmire bcz of US so called War on terror.The few areas where there was peace were deliberately targeted so as to FAN THE QUAGMIRE.

Now we have Enraged Army which has given orders to companies on border to retaliate.
Tribal Lashkars .
and Taliban as well.
and ordinary Pakistanis.In pakistan 1 in every 10 persons have arms.Due to tribal society and biradris.
I wonder whats going to happen.

President Bush secretly approved orders in July that for the first time allow American Special Operations forces to carry out ground assaults inside Pakistan without the prior approval of the Pakistani government, according to senior American officials.

This satanic pyschopath (Bush) has granted himself power to go to war without approval of Congress. He can order anything he wants. His dictatorship surpasses Hitler and all other oppressors in history.

"Previously, the president only had the power to petition Congress to allow him to grant himself the power to grant more power to himself," Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez said shortly after the ceremony. "Now, the president can grant himself the power to interpret new laws however he sees fit, then use that power to interpret a law in such a manner that in turn grants him increased power."

Source: http://www.theonion.com/content/node/51140

The fundamental stages of his decision making to go to war is unconstitutional; yet Bush goes by what he "feels."

"Conducting war is a responsibility in the executive branch, not the legislative branch," the president said at a 46-minute press conference.

Mr. Bush acknowledged that "there will be a legal debate about whether or not I have the authority to do this," but added, "I'm absolutely convinced I do. And I'm going to continue using my authority."

Source: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2006/jan/26/20060126-104448-4528r/

The decision to go to war rests with the Legislative branch (i.e. Congress) NOT the Executive branch (i.e. President)

Constitution. Articles I and II are explicit: The Congress has the exclusive authority to decide if and when we go to war, while the president has the exclusive authority to decide how we wage that war.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20080820/cm_csm/yskaggs