Athieism???

Marwa17

I was talking to an athiest friend yesterday and we kinda got into this whole debate about religion. But you can't really argue with her if she doesn't beleive in god...that has to be established i think as the first thing...i have to admit that there were way too many holes in what both of us said...Can anyone tell me, how you just know there's god???? What proof is there???
Like I asked my sister this morning and she said that it's kind of like gravity...you know it's there you just can't see it...
The person that i was talking about also said that god swt is our conscious guiding us. We want to believe in god, but we really can't...what can you say to that??? Like my mom, she said that there is an ayah in the qu'ran that says that when allah created us all he built into the concept of there being a him and that's why on teh day of judgment we can't argue taht we did not know.
She says that science can explain many of our "religious concept"....i really want a good argument to stump her and make her wonder...inshallah i hope that some of you can provide me with good arguments...anyone ever heard that story about the sheikh and the boy and how the boy asked him three questions: 1) if God, exist, sho me His shape? 2) Prove to me that
fate -taqdeer exists.
3) if satan is made of fire, and if hell is made from fire, then how will he
feel the pain in hell if he and the fire are made from the same source.
I haven't told these to my friend yet, but inshallah i will...If anyone has any other ways stump this person please let me know...
By the way, if you can all make dua that this person becomes muslim, i would really appreciate. She's really smart and i know she thinks a lot about religion...Salam for now

Madz_SHK89

Asalamu Alejkum

I would give the example:

IT'S STRANGE HOW SOME PEOPLE DENY GOD'S EXISTANCE BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T SEEN HIm AND YET THEY STILL BELIEVE THAT A BILLION DOLLAR EXIST WITHOUT HAVING SEEN IT

Here's an interesting debate between a muslim and an atheist..

Why science fails to explain God

AT an educational institution "Professing to be wise, they became fools . . ..", so it happened one day .... one Philosophy Professor entered the class room .... Prof. is in a mood to climb over new class ........ so he start his lecture .............

Prof: "Let me explain the problem science has with God."

The atheist professor of philosophy pauses before his new class and then asks one of his new students to stand.

Prof: "You're a Muslim, aren't you, son?"

Std: "Yes, sir."

Prof: "So you believe in God?"

Std: "Absolutely."

Prof: "Is God good?"

Std: "Sure! God's good."

Prof: "Is God all-powerful? Can God do anything?"

Std: "Yes."

The professor grins knowingly and considers for a moment.

Prof: "Here's one for you. Let's say there's a sick person over here and you can cure him. You can do it. Would you help them ? ... Would you try?"

Std: "Yes sir, I would."

Prof: "So you're good...!"

Std: "I wouldn't say that."

Prof: "Why not say that? You would help a sick and maimed person if you could ... in fact most of us would if we could... God doesn't."

Std: [No answer.]

Prof: "He doesn't, does he? My brother was a Muslim who died of cancer even though he prayed to God to heal him. How is this God good? Hmmm? Can you answer that one?"

Std: [No answer]

The elderly man is sympathetic.

Prof: "No, you can't, can you?"

Professor takes a sip of water from a glass on his desk to give the student time to relax. In philosophy, you have to go easy with the new ones.

Prof: "Let's start again, young fella." "Is God good?"

Std: "Er... Yes."

Prof: "Is Satan good?"

Std: "No."

Prof: "Where does Satan come from?" The student falters.

Std: "From... God..."

Prof: "That's right. God made Satan, didn't he?"

The elderly man runs his bony fingers through his thinning hair and turns to the smirking, student audience.

Prof: "I think we're going to have a lot of fun this semester, ladies and gentlemen."

He turns back to the Muslim.

Prof: "Tell me, son. Is there evil in this world?"

Std: "Yes, sir."

Prof: "Evil's everywhere, isn't it? Did God make everything?"

Prof: "Who created evil?

Prof: "Is there sickness in this world? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All the terrible things - do they exist in this world?"

The student squirms on his feet.

Prof: "Who created them? "

The professor suddenly shouts at his student.

Prof: "WHO CREATED THEM? TELL ME, PLEASE!"

The professor closes in for the kill and climbs into the Muslim's face. In still small voice he says:

Prof:"God created all evil, didn't He, son?"

The student tries to hold the steady, experienced gaze and fails. Suddenly the lecturer breaks away to pace the front of the classroom like an aging panther. The class is mesmerised.

Prof: "Tell me,"

He continues.

Prof: "How is it that this God is good if He created all evil throughout all time?"

The professor swishes his arms around to encompass the wickedness of the world.

Prof: "All the hatred, the brutality, all the pain, all the torture, all the death and ugliness and all the suffering created by this good God is all over the world, isn't it, young man?"

Prof: "Don't you see it all over the place? Huh?" .... Pause ..... "Don't you?"

The professor leans into the student's face again and whispers,

Prof: "Is God good?"

Prof: "Do you believe in God, son?"

The student's voice betrays him and cracks.

Std: "Yes, professor. I do."

The old man shakes his head sadly.

Prof: "Science says you have five senses you use to identify and observe the world around you."

Prof: "You have never seen God, Have you? "

Std: "No, sir. I've never seen Him."

Prof: "Then tell us if you've ever heard your God?"

Std: "No, sir. I have not."

Prof: "Have you ever felt your God, tasted your God or smelt your God...in fact, do you have any sensory perception of your God whatsoever?"

Prof: "Answer me, please."

Std: "No, sir, I'm afraid I haven't."

Prof: "You're AFRAID... you haven't?"

Std: "No, sir."

Prof: "Yet you still believe in him?"

Std: "...Yes..."

Prof: "That takes FAITH!"

The professor smiles sagely at the underling.

Prof: "According to the rules of empirical, testable, demonstrable protocol, science says your God doesn't exist. What do you say to that, son? Where is your God now?"

Std: [The student doesn't answer]

Prof: "Sit down, please."

The Muslim sits...Defeated. Another Muslim raises his hand.

Std2: "Professor, may I address the class?"

The professor turns and smiles.

Prof: "Ah, another Muslim in the vanguard! Come, come, young man. Speak some proper wisdom to the gathering."

The Muslim looks around the room.

Std2: "Some interesting points you are making, sir. Now I've got a question for you. Is there such thing as heat?"

Prof: "Yes,"... "There's heat."

Std2: "Is there such a thing as cold?"

Prof: "Yes, son, there's cold too."

Std2: "No, sir, there isn't."

The professor's grin freezes. The room suddenly goes very cold. The second Muslim continues.

Std2: "You can have lots of heat, even more heat, super-heat, mega-heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat but we don't have anything called 'Cold'. We can hit 458 degrees below zero, which is no heat, but we can't go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold, otherwise we would be able to go colder than 458 - - You see, sir, cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat we can measure in thermal units because heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it."

Silence. A pin drops somewhere in the classroom.

Std2: "Is there such a thing as darkness, professor?"

Prof: "That's a dumb question, son. What is night if it isn't darkness? What are you getting at...?"

Std2: "So you say there is such a thing as darkness?"

Prof: "Yes..."

Std2: "You're wrong again, sir. Darkness is not something, it is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light but if you have no light constantly you have nothing and it's called darkness, isn't it? That's the meaning we use to define the word. In reality, Darkness isn't. If it were, you would be able to make darkness darker and give me a jar of it. Can you...give me a jar of darker darkness, professor?"

Despite himself, the professor smiles at the young effrontery before him. This will indeed be a good semester.

Prof: "Would you mind telling us what your point is, young man?"

Std2: "Yes, professor. My point is, your philosophical premise is flawed to start with and so your conclusion must be in error...."

The professor goes toxic.

Prof: "Flawed...? How dare you...!""

Std2: "Sir, may I explain what I mean?"

The class is all ears.

Prof: "Explain... oh, explain..."

The professor makes an admirable effort to regain control. Suddenly he is affability itself. He waves his hand to silence the class, for the student to continue.

Std2: "You are working on the premise of duality," the Muslim explains.

Std2: "That for example there is life and then there's death; a good God and a bad God. You are viewing the concept of God as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, science cannot even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism but has never seen, much less fully understood them. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing. Death is not the opposite of life, merely the absence of it."

The young man holds up a newspaper he takes from the desk of a neighbour who has been reading it.

Std2: "Here is one of the most disgusting tabloids this country hosts, professor. Is there such a thing as immorality?"

Prof: "Of course there is, now look..."

Std2: "Wrong again, sir. You see, immorality is merely the absence of morality. Is there such thing as injustice? No. Injustice is the absence of justice. Is there such a thing as evil?"

The Muslim pauses.

Std2: "Isn't evil the absence of good?"

The professor's face has turned an alarming colour. He is so angry he is temporarily speechless.

The Muslim continues.

Std2: "If there is evil in the world, professor, and we all agree there is, then God, if he exists, must be accomplishing a work through the agency of evil. What is that work, God is accomplishing? Islam tells us it is to see if each one of us will, choose good over evil."

The professor bridles.

Prof: "As a philosophical scientist, I don't vie this matter as having anything to do with any choice; as a realist, I absolutely do not recognize the concept of God or any other theological factor as being part of the world equation because God is not observable."

Muslim replies.

Std2: "I would have thought that the absence of God's moral code in this world is probably one of the most observable phenomena going," the "Newspapers make billions of dollars reporting it every week! Tell me,professor. Do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?"

Prof: "If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, young man, yes, of course I do."

Std2: "Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?"

The professor makes a sucking sound with his teeth and gives his student a silent, stony stare.

Std2: "Professor. Since no-one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavour, are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you now not a scientist, but a priest?" ,

The professor hisses.

Prof: "I will overlook your impudence in the light of our philosophical discussion. Now, have you quite finished?"

Std2: "So you don't accept God's moral code to do what is righteous?"

Prof: "I believe in what is - that's science!"

The student's face splits into a grin.

Std2: "Ahh! SCIENCE!"

Std2: "Sir, you rightly state that science is the study of observed phenomena. Science too is a premise which is flawed..."

The professor splutters.

Prof: "SCIENCE IS FLAWED..?"

The class is in uproar. The Muslim remains standing until the commotion has subsided.

Std2: "To continue the point you were making earlier to the other student, may I give you an example of what I mean?"

The professor wisely keeps silent. The Muslim looks around the room.

Std2: "Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen air, Oxygen, molecules, atoms, the professor's brain?"

The class breaks out in laughter. The Muslim points towards his elderly, crumbling tutor.

Std2: "Is there anyone here who has ever heard the professor's brain... felt the professor's brain, touched or smelt the professor's brain?"

No one appears to have done so. The Muslim shakes his head sadly.

Std2: "It appears no-one here has had any sensory perception of the professor's brain whatsoever. Well, according to the rules of empirical, stable, demonstrable protocol, science, I declare that the professor has no brain."

ALLAH saya in Holy Quran "THERE IS NO COMPULSION IN RELIGION "

In Quran:

" There is no compulsion in religion; truly the right way has become clearly distinct from error; And he who rejects false deities and believes in Allaah (The God) has grasped a firm handhold which will never break. and Allaah is ALL-Hearing, All-Knowing(256) "

" Allah is the Protecting Guardian of those who believe. He brings them out of the darkness into the light; As for those who disbelieve, their guardians are false deities. They bring them out of light into darkness...(257)"

AL-QUR'AAN (CHAPTER # 2, VERSES # 256-257) (They are much nicer and more sound in Arabic)

The Muslim sits... Because that is what a chair is for!!!

Marwa17

sister, mashallah, i just want to say that that was beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you, jazakallahu khairan

Madz_SHK89

it's ok..inshAllah ur friend will inderstand..they posed recently on turntoislam a chat between 2 brohers one of them was a muslim and the other one a christian..the chat ended up with the christian brother crying and reverting to Islam mashAllah..anything can happen InshAllah..

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

First of all she should read the Quran. See the links in my Signature, these are important and the best evidence that anyone can ever recieve about Allah.

These contain Verses from the Quran ! All a person needs to do is THINK....

And say {to these polytheists and pagans etc.}: "All the praises and thanks be to
Allaah. He will show you His aayaat {signs, in yourselves, and in the universe or
punishments, etc.}, and you shall recognise them. And your Lord is not unaware
of what you do."] Soorat An Naml {27:93}

[ And He shows you His Signs and Proofs {of His Oneness in all the above
mentioned things}. Which, then of the Signs and Proofs of Allaah do you deny?]
Soorat Ghaafir {40:81}

Who Is Allah?

Proof of Allah's Existance from the Quran

How can anyone rule out the creator of this universe? Name one scientist who can say how this world originates. They all say that it comes from the Big Bang, and that the Big Bang comes from Gases.... But, there you have the fundamental Scientific flaw. Any person with common sense and just basic ability to think logically can see that it is only by Allah that the World exists today in all its complexity.

Think of the complexity of this world... from people studying butterflies through to the micro-organisms that live in hot boiling springs several miles under the earth. Or even me and you sitting at computers reading these messages and communicating. There are just millions of things of great complexity, beauty, happening all the time and all around us - All this just happens to just be a coincidence of a few innate gases reacting with each other???? And just where did these gases come from??

What really bothers me is when people rely so much on Scientists. Most of these scientists just make things up as they go along. I know, because I once studied with these weird scientists lol.

Theories are not facts, yet people take them up because they have no idea about Islam and the truth that is presented in the Quran.

Scientists judge things in accordance with Probability. The probability of someone throwing a coin and it showing one side is 0.5 or 50%. The probability of someone dying at some point is 1.0 or 100%, i.e. everyone will one day leave this world, nobody can cheat death. THen there are probabilities for different things like if it rains how many snails are going to come out in your back garden lol. You kinda catch my drift here. InshaAllah.

So the probability of the earth and all its complexity (from circus elephants that play football through to the parrot at your local zoo) coming from a bunch of gases that just happen to be involved in a collossal big bang for no reason is 0. followed by so many 0s you can not even imagine. So, the likelihood of everything just happening and the intelligent life and variety on this planet is not concievable for human being to even calculate. There are just too many factors involved. But, as Muslims we know such a probability is nonsense, because the entire universe was created by Allah, the Most High.

So, basically if you think about it, following on from the above probability theory, if the entire world and everything in it, and all that has happened through all of universe history AND of course universe future happened from a few gases in a big bang........ then it follows that, someone who has millions of active cells on the palms of their hands, made out of various atoms, chemicals, proteins, amino-acids and even living bacteria should have a higher probability in creating a universe of their own by simply clapping their hands. This is according to the Big Bang theory. You have millions of ready made atoms and living cells, so it must be (according to modern scientific theory) more likely to do something spectacular by merely clapping your hands. You also have lots of gases in the atmosphere surrounding your hands.

We'll make it even easier, we just one something like a spoon. or a lump of metal. How many years will you have to clap your hands for something to happen? Or perhaps you make a vacuum sealed chamber. Its useless. The Universe was not created by mistake or just because some gases ( insert any dumb scientific gobbledegook here) .

Allah tells mankind clearly how the universe was created. Its complexity and its beauty is a testimony to Allah's greatness and existance.

[img=left]http://www.turntoislam.com/images/tti/misc/stellar1.jpg[/img]
[ We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their ownselves, until it
becomes manifest to them that this {the Quraan} is the truth. Is it not sufficient
in regard to your Lord that He is a Witness over all things?] Soorat Fussilat
{41:53}

[ Verily! In the creation of the heavens and the earth, and in the alternation of night and day, and the ships which sail through the sea with that which is of use to mankind, and the water which Allaah sends down from the sky and makes the earth alive therewith after its death, and the moving {living} creatures of all kinds that He has scattered therein, and in the veering of winds and clouds which are held between the sky and the earth, are indeed aayaat {proofs, evidences, lessons, signs, revelation, etc.} for people of understanding.] Soorat Al Baqarah{2:164}

Again, please see the links below, which have been carefully put together with the beautiful verses from the Quran.

Who Is Allah?

Proof of Allah's Existance from the Quran

Wasalam.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
oh wait...nevermind...i got it...(i just suck at computers...lol)
Jazakallahu khairan again bro

Its Ok :) I am sorry I wish there was more I could do to make things easier.

Take Care and may Allah help us all, and may he help your atheist friend!

Wasalam

if satan is made of fire, and if hell is made from fire, then how will he
feel the pain in hell if he and the fire are made from the same source.

and you are made of dust or mud and when I hit you with a piece of mud It will hurt you and when some dust enter your eyes you will be blind ....Although you are made of the dust and mud I can make you pain by some dust or mud

1) if God, exist, sho me His shape?

can you see the gravity, Electricity and Magnism
can you see the sun and look at here in the day
In this world we can't see our Lord by our human eyes

Quran 42:51. It is not fitting for a man that Allah should speak to him except by inspiration, or from behind a veil, or by the sending of a messenger to reveal, with Allah.s permission, what Allah wills: for He is Most High, Most Wise.

Quran 6:103. No vision can grasp Him, but His grasp is over all vision: He is above all comprehension, yet is acquainted with all things.
Because he is very powerful (for the weak people), Most High, Most Wise (

Becaus he don't want to force us to worship him in this world he want to guide us and to com to him by love and with good mind ....how can we know the good and bad man if the God force all to worship him)

Quran 4:153. The people of the Book ask thee to cause a book to descend to them from heaven: Indeed they asked Moses for an even greater (miracle), for they said: "Show us Allah in public," but they were dazed for their presumption, with thunder and lightning. Yet they worshipped the calf even after clear signs had come to them; even so we forgave them; and gave Moses manifest proofs of authority.

Quran 2:55. And remember ye said: "O Moses! We shall never believe in thee until we see Allah manifestly," but ye were dazed with thunder and lighting even as ye looked on.

Quran 25:21. Such as fear not the meeting with Us (for Judgment) say: "Why are not the angels sent down to us, or (why) do we not see our Lord?" Indeed they have an arrogant conceit of themselves, and mighty is the insolence of their impiety!

Quran 7:143. When Moses came to the place appointed by Us, and his Lord addressed him, He said: "O my Lord! show (Thyself) to me, that I may look upon thee." Allah said: "By no means canst thou see Me (direct); But look upon the mount; if it abide in its place, then shalt thou see Me." When his Lord manifested His glory on the Mount, He made it as dust. And Moses fell down in a swoon. When he recovered his senses he said: "Glory be to Thee! to Thee I turn in repentance, and I am the first to believe."

and in the last day the good believers will see him

Quran 75:22-23. Some faces, that Day, will beam (in brightness and beauty);-23 Looking towards their Lord;

sorry for my english I have avery big amount of good traditions of prophet mohammed (hadith) but I see it will be very difficult for me to translate it all from arabic language

If any one have a good site about the traditions(hadith) of the prophet please write it for me

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alai-kum

and you are made of dust or mud and when I hit you with a piece of mud It will hurt you and when some dust enter your eyes you will be blind ....Although you are made of the dust and mud I can make you pain by some dust or mud

can you see the gravity, Electricity and Magnism
can you see the sun and look at here in the day
In this world we can't see our Lord by our human eyes

Quran 42:51. It is not fitting for a man that Allah should speak to him except by inspiration, or from behind a veil, or by the sending of a messenger to reveal, with Allah.s permission, what Allah wills: for He is Most High, Most Wise.

Quran 6:103. No vision can grasp Him, but His grasp is over all vision: He is above all comprehension, yet is acquainted with all things.
Because he is very powerful (for the weak people), Most High, Most Wise (

Becaus he don't want to force us to worship him in this world he want to guide us and to com to him by love and with good mind ....how can we know the good and bad man if the God force all to worship him)

Quran 4:153. The people of the Book ask thee to cause a book to descend to them from heaven: Indeed they asked Moses for an even greater (miracle), for they said: "Show us Allah in public," but they were dazed for their presumption, with thunder and lightning. Yet they worshipped the calf even after clear signs had come to them; even so we forgave them; and gave Moses manifest proofs of authority.

Quran 2:55. And remember ye said: "O Moses! We shall never believe in thee until we see Allah manifestly," but ye were dazed with thunder and lighting even as ye looked on.

Quran 25:21. Such as fear not the meeting with Us (for Judgment) say: "Why are not the angels sent down to us, or (why) do we not see our Lord?" Indeed they have an arrogant conceit of themselves, and mighty is the insolence of their impiety!

Quran 7:143. When Moses came to the place appointed by Us, and his Lord addressed him, He said: "O my Lord! show (Thyself) to me, that I may look upon thee." Allah said: "By no means canst thou see Me (direct); But look upon the mount; if it abide in its place, then shalt thou see Me." When his Lord manifested His glory on the Mount, He made it as dust. And Moses fell down in a swoon. When he recovered his senses he said: "Glory be to Thee! to Thee I turn in repentance, and I am the first to believe."

and in the last day the good believers will see him

Quran 75:22-23. Some faces, that Day, will beam (in brightness and beauty);-23 Looking towards their Lord;

sorry for my english I have avery big amount of good traditions of prophet mohammed (hadith) but I see it will be very difficult for me to translate it all from arabic language

If any one have a good site about the traditions(hadith) of the prophet please write it for me

brother i know this website, hope it will help solve your purpose, inshaAllah
here is the link
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/
ma'ssalaam

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
I know another story from http://islamworld.net!

IN THE NAME OF ALLAH MOST GRACIOUS MOST MERCIFUL

The Tears Of Finding The Truth

The Sunnah Islamic Page
Contact Us
P.O.Box: 28774 Safat

State Of Kuwait

Print The Book

The Tears Of Finding The Truth

Through The Internet
INTRODUCTION

The following story occurred on the Internet through one of the chat programs (Freetel) in January 1999. It is a real dialogue between a Christian and a Muslim. The story centers on Derek's realization of today's Christianity and his subsequent conversion to lslam. This Christian-Muslim dialogue has been edited for readability and for the clarity of its message.

ABDULLAH: Hello there! How are you man?

DEREK: Hello! Well, how are you?

ABDULLAH: I'm fine and you?

DEREK: I'm fine thanks.

ABDULLAH: Where are you from?

DEREK: I'm from L.A. (Los Angeles).

ABDULLAH: The land of Hollywood!

DEREK: Well that's right. Have you ever been to L.A.?

ABDULLAH: No, never. Why are you calling yourself the Black Magic?

DEREK: It's just a nickname, man!

ABDULLAH: I see.

DEREK: Where are you from? Are you an Arab?

ABDULLAH: Yes, I am from Saudi Arabia but I'm in Qatar now. What is your name?

DEREK: My name is Derek. What's your name?

ABDULLAH: My name is Abdullah.

DEREK: What does Abdullah mean?

ABDULLAH: Abdullah means the servant of Allah and it is the function of each individual on the face of the earth to serve llah according to what Allah wants from us. By the way, Allah is the proper name of God.

DEREK: How do we know what God or Allah wants from us?

ABDULLAH: All of this is outlined in the Qur'an and the Sunnah (Ways of Prophet Muhammad; his sayings, actions and aprovals). These are the two major sources of guidance in lslam. Could you please tell me more about yourself? How ol are you?

DEREK: I am 19 years old, black and very uch interested in knowing more about lslam. First of all, what should a person do or believe in to become a Muslim?

ABDULLAH: Very easy, you just say that there is no god worthy of worshi but Allah and Muhammad is His Messenger, and you become Muslim,

DEREK: You mean Muhammad is his apostle? But a a Christian or non-Muslim, this sentence is not enough to make it clear to me.

ABDULLAH: Ok Allah sent Muhammad a His last Prophet and Messenger and revealed the Qur'an to him as the final revelation to mankind. Allah said that He perected His religion and called it lslam (see Qur'an 5:3). Islam means peaceful submission to the Will of Allah.

DEREK: I see.

ABDULLAH: Yes, and unfortunately most Christians don't know or they deny that the coming of Prophet Muhammad is foretold in their scriptures (See Deuternomy 18:18; 21: 21; Psalms 1 18:22-23; Isiah 42:1-13; Habakuk 3:3-4; Matthew 21:42-43; John 14:12-17,15:26,27; 1:5-16). Muslim theologians have stated that the person who is described by Jesus to come after him (in the above verses) is Mhammed (peace be upon him).

DEREK: OK Fine, but why was there a need for another prophet after Jesus and another revelation after the Bible?

ABDULLAH: All of the Prophets came to teach their peoples the Oneness of God. In the case of Jesus, he was only sent as a Messenger to the lost sheep of the house of Israel (see Matt. 15:24). What happened was that all of these prophets were not well received by the majority of the people. For instance, they started tampering with the teachings of Moses and Jesus, peace be upon them (see Qur'an 2:79). That is why Allah sent Muhammad with the last Message, (i.e., the Qur'an), to bring all of mankind back to the belief in and worship of One God, without partners or intermediaries.

DEREK: Is the Qur'an similar to the Bible? I mean, what is it composed of?

ABDULLAH: The Qur'an came as the last code emphasizing the same pure monotheistic teachings of Jesus peace be upon him, defending all the previous pure teachings of monotheistic beliefs and clarifying who Jesus was and who his mother was, showing that they were no more than great people.

DEREK: OK then, how-can we be sure that the Qur'an has remained the same since the time of Prophet Muhammad?

ABDULLAH: Allah Himself has guaranteed that He would guard the Qur'an from corruption (see Qur'an 15:9). Hence, the real and pure words of Allah are found in the Qur'an, which was revealed in Arabic, the language of Mohammed's people. Since then, not an iota has changed. This is unlike what has happened in the other religions. For example, if you look at the Bible, you find a lot of versions; the name Bible itself is indicative of those changes because Bible means a collection of books from different writers.

DEREK: But didn't God call it the Bible?

ABDULLAH: God calls the Scripture revealed to Jesus "Injeel" in the Qur'an for which the closest name in the Bible would be the word Gospel. The Bible was written may years after the time of Jesus in a language that was alien to Jesus; it was Latin Vulgate, a language that he never spoke. Isn't this strange? Interestingly, most of what was written in the New Testament was authored by Paul, who, according to James, the brother of Jesus in the Bible, had a polluted mind because he changed and contradicted most of the teachings of Jesus.

DEREK: I think you know more about Christianity than the Pope does.

ABDULLAH: You are wrong by saying that I know more than the Pope. I have simply investigated the Bible with an inquiring mind, which is something that all Christians should do.

DEREK: Is there any English version of the Holy Qur'an?

ABDULLAH: There are many translations of the meanings of the Qur'an.

The Qur'an was revealed in Arabic which means that the words of ALLAH are in Arabic. The translations are the words of human beings relating to the meanings of the Qur'an to the non-Arabic speaking masses.

DEREK: How does the Qur'an define God to mankind or how does the Muslim perceive God?

ABDULLAH: GOD is the One and Only True GOD, and the Creator of all. He does not beget nor is He begotten. He is unlike His creation in every respect. He is the All-knowing, The Powerful, The Merciful, The Irresistible, and The King of kings.

DEREK: But it is somehow difficult for me to perceive God as being the same as His creatures.

ABDULLAH: You are absolutely right to have difficulty perceiving this because human beings have a limited capacity. This is why ALLAH sent revelations to His Prophets and Messengers to tell us who He is. So if you want to know who God is, just read the Qur'an.

DEREK: Christians believe that Jesus was sent for the salvation of all mankind. If this is not true, then the foundation of Christianity is faulty. Right? What do you think?

ABDULLAH: That's correct. The Christians of today are following what Paul taught and also tend to follow what the priests tell them to do instead of following what Jesus said.

DEREK: Kindly explain the concept of salvation through the crucifixion of Jesus.

ABDULLAH: In Christianity, the Doctrine of Original Sin is the reason that there is a need for salvation through Jesus' crucifixion. However, this doctrine was invented by Paul and it is strongly negated in the Old Testament (see Ezekial 18:20, Jeremiah 31:30, Deut. 24:16). This doctrine is an attempt to escape the responsibility of righteousness with the belief that punishment is given to someone else to release us from our burden of sins (see Ephesians 1:7, Romans 4:25, 10:9, Corinthians 15:21) In the Qur'an, every soul is responsible for its own deeds, good or bad (see 74:38,41:46, 3:25, 6:154).

DEREK: What about the crucifixion itself?

ABDULLAH: The Bible says Jesus cried out in a loud voice beseeching God for help on the cross: "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" (Matt. 27:46) Does that sound like Jesus to you?

DEREK: No, then what about Jesus' appearance to his disciples after the crucifixion?

ABDULLAH: Jesus didn't die on the cross nor was he resurrected. If he were resurrected, then he would have come to his disciples in a spiritual body. As shown in Luke 24:36-43, he met them with his physical body after the event of his alleged crucifixion. In the Qur'an, it says that Jesus was not crucified, but it was someone else who was made to look like him (see 4:157,158).

DEREK: How did the story of the crucifixion of Jesus get into the Bible then?

ABDULLAH: Once again, Paul was responsible (see Timothy 2:8 and Romans 5:10).

DEREK: Well, I, very deep in my heart, believe that God can never look like his creation nor does he do what they do. What I believe is that God is the perfect one who is very much different from everything we see or touch. In other words, I think the writer can never look like his book.

ABDULLAH: You are right. There is nothing comparable to Allah (see Qur'an 112:4). The prophets came with a very clear message to worship God alone, without any partners or intercessors.

However, Paul took pagan beliefs and practices from the Romans and mixed them with the teachings of Jesus. Consequently, Paul was mostly responsible for elevating Jesus to the status of Son of God (see Acts 9:20) and God.

DEREK: Yes. Now I remember. The first Commandment is, " Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God is One Lord."

ABDULLAH: You're right. That's in Mark 12:29. Moreover, the Qur'an confirms that God is One: "Say He is Allah, the One and Only (God)." (Qur'an 112:1)

DEREK: What you are saying makes perfect sense. This is just incredible! You mean that for almost 2000 years what the Christians have been following is wrong?

ABDULLAH: Yes, especially their misunderstanding of who Jesus was.

DEREK: Oh my God! I've been deceived! Really, I feel religiously raped. I have been fooled simply because I followed blindly the religion that I was born with and didn't take care to investigate it thoroughly. But still inside me there is something holding me back from accepting lslam, even though lslam is clearly the True Religion.

ABDULLAH: Your last comment shows that you are a Muslim not a Christian and if you really love God and His Messenger Jesus, you will follow lslam and Prophet Muhammad. Break this barrier inside you and come back to the way of your ancestors. You are now free because you are looking for the Truth and our great prophet Jesus told us that we should look for the Truth and the Truth will set us free. So, you will be a free man as soon as you accept It. Be strong enough to accept lslam as the Truth, without any hesitation on your part and you will taste real freedom and real happiness that you have never tasted before.

DEREK: Frankly, I am concerned about the negative way lslam and Muslims are shown in the media. In the West, there is a stigma attached to being a Muslim and I'm not sure I'm ready to live with that stigma.

ABDULLAH: This is why I have chosen to tell people about the right picture of lslam.

DEREK: Then, what is the right picture of lslam?

ABDULLAH: The right picture of lslam is conveyed in the Qur’an, which is exemplified by Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him. The reality is that it is not fair to judge a religion by the actions of its followers alone because there are good and bad followers in every religion. The correct thing to do is to judge a religion by its documented revelation from God and the prophet who brought that revelation.

DEREK: I see. I agree with you, but I'm still concerned about the reaction of my family and friends if they know that I am a Muslim.

ABDULLAH: On Judgement Day, no one will be able to help you, not even your father, mother or any of your friends (see Qur'an 31:33). So, if you believe that lslam is the True religion, you should embrace it and live your life to please the One Who created you. Be an illuminating torch for them. Do not delay your coming to lslam. If you die before becoming a Muslim, then it's too late (see Qur'an 2:132, 3:102, 3:85). So grab this opportunity now. You can only remedy this pain inside you by becoming a Muslim and being able in the future, God willing, to come and perform pilgrimage (Hajj).

DEREK: You are very wise man, I want to say that when I sometimes see on the satellite, especially in the season of Hajj, people of different colors and different races sitting side by side and praying to God, I feel pain deep inside my heart and I feel something urging me to talk with someone to know more about that great religion that can gather all the races in the same place. Thanks to you, I have found that person. So please help me become a Muslim!

ABDULLAH: Brother let us take it step by step. First, enter lslam by saying: I BEAR WITNESS THAT THERE IS NO GOD WORTHY OF WORSHIP EXCEPT ALLAH. AND I BEAR WITNESS THAT MUHAMMAD IS HIS SERVANT AND MESSENGER. I BEAR WITNESS THAT JESUS IS HIS PROPHET AND MESSENGER. Let us say this again, I BEAR WITNESS THAT THERE IS NO GOD WORTHY OF WORSHIP EXCEPT ALLAH AND I BEAR WITNESS THAT MUHAMMAD IS HIS SERVANT AND MESSENGER. I BEAR WITNESS THAT JESUS IS HIS PROPHET AND MESSENGERS. I BEAR WITNESS THAT JESUS IS HIS PROPHET AND MESSENGER.

DEREK: I BEAR WITNESS THAT THERE IS NO GOD WORTHY OF WORSHIP EXCEPT ALLAH. I BEAR WITNESS THAT MUHAMMAD IS HIS SERVANT AND LAST MESSENGER. I BEAR WITNESS THAT EISA IS HIS SERVANT AND MESSENGER.

ABDULLAH: By the way, Jesus' name is not Jesus. It is a latinized name. His real name is Eisa. Now you will say the same thing in Arabic, the language of the Qur'an. I will transliterate for you. ASH'HADU AN LA'ILAHA ILLA ALLAH WAASH'HADU ANNA MUHAMMMADAN RASOOLULLAH WA ASH'HADU ANNA EISA ABDULLAHI WA RASOOLUHU.

DEREK: ASHADU AN LA ILAHA ILLALLAH WA ASHADU ANNA MUHAMMADAN RASULULLAH WA ASHADU ANNA EISA ABDULLAH1 WA RASOOLUHU.

ABDULLAH: Brother, say ALLAH is the greatest because you are a Muslim now. You are not a Christian anymore. Your are in the House of lslam. If I were with you, I would hug you as my brother in lslam. How do you feel now? A burden has been removed from you and you feel like you are so light, isn't this right?

DEREK: If you were with me now, you would have seen my tears reaching my neck. You are a great brother. I feel that I have just come to life, This is exactly how I feel from now. I don't have to listen the silly words of the priests in the church, who knowingly or unknowingly lead people astray. I hope to be a good servant of ALLAH.

ABDULLAH: You know what came out of you was disbelief and it was replaced by belief. You are so clean now, because when someone embraces Islam sincerely, Allah forgives all of his past sins. So, go to the Islamic center that has Muslims from all over the world and announce your lslam there, and continue to learn more about lslam from them. In addition, find a book on prayer in lslam and practice it. This is essential. Now after you are through with me, you must take a shower to purify yourself from previous wrong beliefs. Remember to stay away from bad company and be with righteous Muslim people. Also, beware of those so-called Muslims who call to nationalistic ideas or racial thoughts, which are rejected in lslam. I love you as a brother in lslam and I hope one day I will see you and hear your voice.

DEREK: I will for sure do what you have asked. And tomorrow I will go to the Islamic center. Thank you for showing me the Truth. I will do my best to meet people who know about lslam for sure. May God help you guide more and more people to the true word of God. There is no God but ALLAH and Muhammad is his Apostle... Well it is as difficult for me as it is for you to leave you.

ABDULLAH: Well brother, you will not leave me for a long time. I will soon be with you through my supplications. God willing. Pray for me, brother.

DEREK: Well, I thank you, I love you although I do not know you yet. But it is enough for me to remember that one day, a very dear man has picked me up from the mud of life. Please teach me another Islamic word in Arabic so as to make use of it in the Islamic center.

ABDULLAH: Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu and Astaghfirullah.

DEREK: What do they mean?

ABDULLAH: May the Peace, Mercy and Blessings of Allah be upon you. This is used as a greeting to all Muslims. The last word means, Allah forgive me. Well, I have to leave you now but be sure it will not be for long.

DEREK: Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu and Astaghfirullah for being astray from the Truth all those years. May God bless you. You have occupied a great place in my heart and I will never forget you. Bye and talk to you later. Your brother in lslam, Derek, but I will call myself Eisa from now on.

ABDULLAH: OK Eisa. I will leave you some final words of inspiration. Certainly, the ultimate goal of every individual is to be in Paradise forever. This reward of Paradise is too great to not have a price. That price is true faith, which is proven obedience to Allah and following the Sunnah of Prophet Mohammed (pbuh). THIS IS THE ROAD TO PARADISE. Let's stay in touch! Assalamu Alaikum!

DEREK: O.K. Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu.

Marwa17

this might seem like a dumb question or w/e but was that a true conversation between two people or something someone just wrote?

I have another question: I was talking to my friend yesterday and we kinda brought up that whole water thing and how in the qu'ran it says that water cannot be stored. Then she brought up about wells and stuff...I heard that there's an ayah in the qu'ran that explains that...is there one??? If so, can someone tell me what it is???

Also, we were talking about how there's somethings in the qu'ran that could not have been known fro 1400 years ago...can someone offer me some examples of that???

JAK

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
this might seem like a dumb question or w/e but was that a true conversation between two people or something someone just wrote?

I have another question: I was talking to my friend yesterday and we kinda brought up that whole water thing and how in the qu'ran it says that water cannot be stored. Then she brought up about wells and stuff...I heard that there's an ayah in the qu'ran that explains that...is there one??? If so, can someone tell me what it is???

Also, we were talking about how there's somethings in the qu'ran that could not have been known fro 1400 years ago...can someone offer me some examples of that???

JAK
The Quran explains science.
Oh, the story is Real because that's what it says at the top of the page.
It is a real dialogue between a Christian and a Muslim.
A muslim can't make up a story like and say it's real if it's not. Especially religion like that Christian book The Davinche Code said dumb and fabricated stuff about "Jesus" and "Mary" and the author even says in it that he just made it up that there's no secret grail or anything so he just fabricated. *ponders*

Anyway about the science in the Quran:
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=quranic%20science&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&sa=N&tab=wv

[vg]6613294402003921444[/vg]