Athiesm and matirialists?

gangstaat

Allah Hu Akbar
basically they are same right?!?!

*please excuse my spelling mistakes. i m a tad bit bad with spellings lol.

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression
Brother,

I'm not being rude and with all due respect, why did you make a thread for this question? You can simply find the answer to this on Google. Its not a difficult question to answer. Since you asked though, Yes, Atheism and Materialism are about the same thing.

:wasalam:

gangstaat

Allah Hu Akbar
okay sorry
did the world ended with this question?
lolz its sarcasm so dont mind.
i just posted cuz its related to all the religions and just wanted to c the difference.
Does this forum say "ask questions" or "just google questions"?

never mind.
just playing bro!!!!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

An atheist does not believe in God. That has nothing to do with a materialist. That is someone who wants everything. Someone who is bound to the physical. This is someone who may be closer to a hypocrite. They may believe in God but need to have the bling bling..the car...the fancy house..the beautiful woman...they are bound in ignorance. An atheist is bound in arrogance.

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression
okay sorry
did the world ended with this question?
lolz its sarcasm so dont mind.
i just posted cuz its related to all the religions and just wanted to c the difference.
Does this forum say "ask questions" or "just google questions"?

never mind.
just playing bro!!!!

lol I was just saying making a thread about it wasn't really necessary, a simple google search would've done. I wasn't being rude. But yeah I know your just joking.

Salaam,

An atheist does not believe in God. That has nothing to do with a materialist. That is someone who wants everything. Someone who is bound to the physical. This is someone who may be closer to a hypocrite. They may believe in God but need to have the bling bling..the car...the fancy house..the beautiful woman...they are bound in ignorance. An atheist is bound in arrogance.
He wasn't speaking of materialistic people. He wants to know about materialism or also known as alchemy. Aethism and Materialism are actually same thing because most Alchemists don't believe in God either. Not all but most. They believe that everything that God has created can be recreated with Science. Thats pretty much their basic principal. So they are a firm believer in the theory of Evolution. I read a lot about them during my years of research on Evolution. Its not about being materialistic. Thats diffrent.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I had always understood that many of the early alchemists were Muslims. Where would alchemists become atheists? I have not found any in the arena of philosophy. That is blending two divergent thoughts. Please give me source that is more cogent than google.

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression
Salaam,

I had always understood that many of the early alchemists were Muslims. Where would alchemists become atheists? I have not found any in the arena of philosophy. That is blending two divergent thoughts. Please give me source that is more cogent than google.

Well I really can't give you a source thats more cogent than google becuase google is a search engine. If I take that out then I really can't research. Its true most early alchemists were Muslim people but thats why I bolded the word "most" on my last post. Not all of them were aethiests but most were. Alchemists and Materialism people were linked. So materialism is in a way the same word as Atheism, give or take a few charateristics. If you would like a video, then watch the Harun Yaha video where he debunks the theory of Evolution. In the beginning of the video he explains how Darwin's theory was first supported by Alchemists.

Here is the definition of of Materialism:

Materialism: the philosophical theory that regards matter and its motions as constituting the universe, and all phenomena, including those of mind, as due to material agencies.

and also this

Materialism: Philosophy The theory that physical matter is the only reality and that everything, including thought, feeling, mind, and will, can be explained in terms of matter and physical phenomena.

Dictionary.com is where I pulled that from.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/materialism

Oh, and here is a really good one:

Atheism and Materialism:
Atheists are usually materialists of some sort, rejecting the idea that there exists anything independent of the workings of matter and energy. Materialism often entails atheism unless a person believes in a purely physical god, but atheism does not entail materialism. It may be hard to believe in a god in a materialistic philosophy, but an atheistic philosophy need not be materialistic.

This is where I pulled the above text from:

http://atheism.about.com/od/philosophyschoolssystems/p/materialism.htm

Hope I helped.