AUDIO of former GQ model

Karima

Asalmualikum,
I received this audio from a muslima friend upstate....and want to share this with all the readers to listen to. http://www.islaam.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=143&Itemid=104&lang=

Islaam.ca Newsletter Sherman (Jaffar) Whittenburg - Ex-Model and Actor Speaks to islaam.ca on His Conversion to Islam From Modelling fame to IslamSherman Whittenburg is a former model and actor who modelled for magazines such as 'GQ' and 'The Source' and had acting spots in 'All My Children' and TV commercials. A former College basketball player from New York, Whittenburg turned to modelling and acting after sustaining an injury. After enjoying some quick success as a model and actor, Allah opened his heart to Islam. Sherman shares ! his unique and beautiful journey to Islam with islaam.ca - an inspiring story of hard-times in Brooklyn, New York to almost overnight stardom in modelling/acting to his eventual journey to Islam in which he left behind a world of opportunity.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum Salam Wa Rahmatullah,

JAzakallahu Khayr Sister, it is an amazing testimony mashaAllah. I also listened to a few others on that website. :) Its a nice site with some good articles too.

Wasalam.

Ameer.

Wa Alaikoum Assalam sister Kristina
Thank you for the Audio.

One phrase attracted my attention it's when brother Sherman said that a lot of people when they face a bad situation in life they invoke God and they promise to worship Him but when they are safe they forget what they promised.
But lhamdoliallah that Allah guided brother Sherman and he was thankful.

I hope too that i will have time to listen to Napoleon's audio, he was last month in Australia and it will be good if he can give advises for young, in oder area why not in islamics countries too, so as they stop imitating rapper, incha'Allah

Karima

Wasallamalikum,
I agree with both of your comments. This audio gets better and better all the way to the end. The words come out like a spring of information for us to rekindle....MashaAllah. He is an example that has been blessing for anyone who has a chance to hear what he has to say, by the Grace of Allah. Alhamdulillah.

ibnAbdullah87

I know the guy that runs the website I heard a little bit of the interview live. The guy that runs the site also has another website that is nice too if anyone wants to know.