AYAH OF THE DAY WITH TAFSIR Jumada Al-Thani 18, 1434

salahdin

continuity of ayah 6:151(tafsir)

AYAH OF THE DAY WITH TAFSIR
Jumada Al-Thani 18, 1434

أَعُوذُ بِاللهِ السَّمِيعِ الْعَلِيمِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ مِنْ هَمْزَهِ وَنَفْخِهِ وَنَفْثِهِ

سُوۡرَةُ الاٴنعَام
۞ قُلۡ تَعَالَوۡاْ أَتۡلُ مَا حَرَّمَ رَبُّڪُمۡ عَلَيۡڪُمۡ‌ۖ أَلَّا تُشۡرِكُواْ بِهِۦ شَيۡـًٔ۬ا‌ۖ وَبِٱلۡوَٲلِدَيۡنِ إِحۡسَـٰنً۬ا‌ۖ وَلَا تَقۡتُلُوٓاْ أَوۡلَـٰدَڪُم مِّنۡ إِمۡلَـٰقٍ۬‌ۖ نَّحۡنُ نَرۡزُقُڪُمۡ وَإِيَّاهُمۡ‌ۖ وَلَا تَقۡرَبُواْ ٱلۡفَوَٲحِشَ مَا ظَهَرَ مِنۡهَا وَمَا بَطَنَ‌ۖ وَلَا تَقۡتُلُواْ ٱلنَّفۡسَ ٱلَّتِى حَرَّمَ ٱللَّهُ إِلَّا بِٱلۡحَقِّ‌ۚ ذَٲلِكُمۡ وَصَّٮٰكُم بِهِۦ لَعَلَّكُمۡ تَعۡقِلُونَ (١٥١)
I seek refuge with Allah, the Hearing, the Knowing, from the
cursed Satan, from his coercion, lures to arrogance and poems
Surah Al-Anaam
Say: Come, I will recite unto you that which your Lord hath made a Scared duty for you: that ye ascribe no thing as partner unto Him and that ye do good to parents, and that ye slay not your children because of penury - We provide for you and for them - and that ye draw not nigh to lewd things whether open or concealed. And that ye slay not the life which Allah hath made sacred, save in the course of justice. This He hath command you, in order that ye may discern. (151) 6:151
Tafsir Ibn Kathir

أَعُوذُ بِاللهِ السَّمِيعِ الْعَلِيمِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ مِنْ هَمْزَهِ وَنَفْخِهِ وَنَفْثِهِ

The Order for Kindness to Parents
Allah said next,
... وَبِالْوَالِدَيْنِ إِحْسَانًا ...
be kind and dutiful to your parents;
meaning, Allah has commanded and ordered you to be kind to your parents.
Allah said in another Ayah,
وَقَضَى رَبُّكَ أَلاَّ تَعْبُدُواْ إِلاَّ إِيَّـهُ وَبِالْوَلِدَيْنِ إِحْسَـناً
And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. (17:23)
Allah often mentions obeying Him and being dutiful to parents together.
Allah said,
وَوَصَّيْنَا الإِنْسَـنَ بِوَلِدَيْهِ حَمَلَتْهُ أُمُّهُ وَهْناً عَلَى وَهْنٍ وَفِصَالُهُ فِى عَامَيْنِ أَنِ اشْكُرْ لِى وَلِوَلِدَيْكَ إِلَىَّ الْمَصِيرُ
وَإِن جَـهَدَاكَ عَلَى أَن تُشْرِكَ بِى مَا لَيْسَ لَكَ بِهِ عِلْمٌ فَلاَ تُطِعْهُمَا وَصَـحِبْهُمَا فِى الدُّنْيَا مَعْرُوفاً وَاتَّبِعْ سَبِيلَ مَنْ أَنَابَ إِلَىَّ ثُمَّ إِلَىَّ مَرْجِعُكُمْ فَأُنَبِّئُكُمْ بِمَا كُنتُمْ تَعْمَلُونَ
Give thanks to Me and to your parents. Unto Me is the final destination. But if they (both) strive with you to make you join in worship with Me others that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not; but behave with them in this world kindly, and follow the path of him who turns to Me in repentance and in obedience. Then to Me will be your return, and I shall tell you what you used to do. (31:14-15)
Therefore, Allah ordered children to be dutiful and kind to their parents, even if they were idolators.
Allah also said,
وَإِذْ أَخَذْنَا مِيثَـقَ بَنِى إِسْرءِيلَ لاَ تَعْبُدُونَ إِلاَّ اللَّهَ وَبِالْوَلِدَيْنِ إِحْسَانًا
And (remember) when We took a covenant from the Children of Israel, (saying): Worship none but Allah and be dutiful and kind to parents. (2:83)
There are several Ayat on this subject.
It is recorded in the Two Sahihs that Ibn Mas`ud said,
"I asked Allah's Messenger about which deed is the best. He said,
الصَّلَاةُ عَلَى وَقْتِهَا
The prayer, when it is performed on time.
I said, `Then.'
He said,
بِرُّ الْوَالِدَيْن
Being dutiful to parents.
I asked, `Then.'
He said,
الْجِهَادُ فِي سَبِيلِ الله
Jihad in Allah's cause.
Ibn Mas`ud said,
"The Messenger of Allah said these words to me, and had I asked him for more, he would have said more.''