AYAH OF THE DAY WITH TAFSIR Jumada Al-Thani 19, 1434

salahdin

continuity of ayah 6:151(tafsir)

AYAH OF THE DAY WITH TAFSIR
Jumada Al-Thani 19, 1434

أَعُوذُ بِاللهِ السَّمِيعِ الْعَلِيمِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ مِنْ هَمْزَهِ وَنَفْخِهِ وَنَفْثِهِ

سُوۡرَةُ الاٴنعَام
۞ قُلۡ تَعَالَوۡاْ أَتۡلُ مَا حَرَّمَ رَبُّڪُمۡ عَلَيۡڪُمۡ‌ۖ أَلَّا تُشۡرِكُواْ بِهِۦ شَيۡـًٔ۬ا‌ۖ وَبِٱلۡوَٲلِدَيۡنِ إِحۡسَـٰنً۬ا‌ۖ وَلَا تَقۡتُلُوٓاْ أَوۡلَـٰدَڪُم مِّنۡ إِمۡلَـٰقٍ۬‌ۖ نَّحۡنُ نَرۡزُقُڪُمۡ وَإِيَّاهُمۡ‌ۖ وَلَا تَقۡرَبُواْ ٱلۡفَوَٲحِشَ مَا ظَهَرَ مِنۡهَا وَمَا بَطَنَ‌ۖ وَلَا تَقۡتُلُواْ ٱلنَّفۡسَ ٱلَّتِى حَرَّمَ ٱللَّهُ إِلَّا بِٱلۡحَقِّ‌ۚ ذَٲلِكُمۡ وَصَّٮٰكُم بِهِۦ لَعَلَّكُمۡ تَعۡقِلُونَ (١٥١)
I seek refuge with Allah, the Hearing, the Knowing, from the
cursed Satan, from his coercion, lures to arrogance and poems
Surah Al-Anaam
Say: Come, I will recite unto you that which your Lord hath made a Scared duty for you: that ye ascribe no thing as partner unto Him and that ye do good to parents, and that ye slay not your children because of penury - We provide for you and for them - and that ye draw not nigh to lewd things whether open or concealed. And that ye slay not the life which Allah hath made sacred, save in the course of justice. This He hath command you, in order that ye may discern. (151) 6:151
Tafsir Ibn Kathir

أَعُوذُ بِاللهِ السَّمِيعِ الْعَلِيمِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ مِنْ هَمْزَهِ وَنَفْخِهِ وَنَفْثِهِ

Killing Children is Forbidden
Allah said,
... وَلاَ تَقْتُلُواْ أَوْلاَدَكُم مِّنْ إمْلاَقٍ نَّحْنُ نَرْزُقُكُمْ وَإِيَّاهُمْ ...
Kill not your children because of poverty, We shall provide sustenance for you and for them.
After Allah commanded kindness to parents and grandparents, He next ordered kindness to children and grandchildren. Allah said, وَلاَ تَقْتُلُواْ أَوْلاَدَكُم مِّنْ إمْلاَقٍ (kill not your children because of poverty), because the idolators used to kill their children, obeying the lures of the devils. They used to bury their daughters alive for fear of shame, and sometimes kill their sons for fear of poverty.
It is recorded in the Two Sahihs that Abdullah bin Mas`ud said,
"I asked the Messenger of Allah, `Which sin is the biggest?'
He said,
أَنْ تَجْعَلَ للهِ نِدًّا وَهُوَ خَلَقَك
To call a rival for Allah, while He Alone created you.
I said, `Then what?'
He said,
أَنْ تَقْتُلَ وَلَدَكَ خَشْيَةَ أَنْ يَطْعَمَ مَعَك
To kill your son for fear that he might share your food.
I said, `Then what?'
He said,
أَنْ تُزَانِي حَلِيلَةَ جَارِك
To commit adultery with your neighbor's wife.
Then the Messenger of Allah recited the Ayah,
وَالَّذِينَ لاَ يَدْعُونَ مَعَ اللَّهِ إِلَـهَا ءَاخَرَ وَلاَ يَقْتُلُونَ النَّفْسَ الَّتِى حَرَّمَ اللَّهُ إِلاَّ بِالْحَقِّ وَلاَ يَزْنُونَ
And those who invoke not any other god along with Allah, nor kill such person as Allah has forbidden, except for just cause, nor commit illegal sexual intercourse..." (25:68)
Allah's statement, مِّنْ إمْلاَقٍ (Because of Imlaq),
According to Ibn Abbas, Qatadah, As-Suddi and others,
refers to poverty.
The Ayah means, do not kill your children because you are poor.
Allah said in Surah Al-Isra', وَلاَ تَقْتُلُواْ أَوْلادَكُمْ خَشْيَةَ إِمْلاقٍ (And do not kill your children for fear fromImlaq). (17:31) that is, do not kill your children for fear that you might become poor in the future. This is why Allah said, نَّحْنُ نَرْزُقُهُمْ وَإِيَّاكُم (We shall provide sustenance for them and for you) (17:31) thus mentioning the provision of the children first, meaning, do not fear poverty because of feeding your children. Certainly, their provision is provided by Allah.
Allah said, نَّحْنُ نَرْزُقُكُمْ وَإِيَّاهُمْ (We provide sustenance for you and for them), thus starting with parents, because this is the appropriate subject here and Allah knows.
Allah said next,
... وَلاَ تَقْرَبُواْ الْفَوَاحِشَ مَا ظَهَرَ مِنْهَا وَمَا بَطَنَ ...
Come not near Al-Fawahish (immoral sins) whether committed openly or secretly.
Allah said in a similar Ayah,
قُلْ إِنَّمَا حَرَّمَ رَبِّيَ الْفَوَحِشَ مَا ظَهَرَ مِنْهَا وَمَا بَطَنَ وَالإِثْمَ وَالْبَغْىَ بِغَيْرِ الْحَقِّ وَأَن تُشْرِكُواْ بِاللَّهِ مَا لَمْ يُنَزِّلْ بِهِ سُلْطَـناً وَأَن تَقُولُواْ عَلَى اللَّهِ مَا لاَ تَعْلَمُونَ
Say: "(But) the things that my Lord has indeed forbidden are Al-Fawahish (immoral sins) whether committed openly or secretly, sins (of all kinds), unrighteous oppression, joining partners (in worship) with Allah for which He has given no authority, and saying things about Allah of which you have no knowledge." (7:33)
We also explained this meaning in the explanation of the Ayah, وَذَرُواْ ظَاهِرَ الإِثْمِ وَبَاطِنَهُ (Leave sin, open and secret), (6:120).
The Two Sahihs recorded that Ibn Mas`ud said that the Messenger of Allah said,
لَا أَحَدٌ أَغْيَرَ مِنَ اللهِ، مِنْ أَجْلِ ذَلِكَ حَرَّمَ الْفَوَاحِشَ مَا ظَهَرَ مِنْهَا وَمَا بَطَن
None is more jealous than Allah. This is why He has forbidden the immoral sins committed openly or secretly.
Abdul-Malik bin Umayr said that Warrad narrated that Al-Mughirah said that Sa`d bin Ubadah said,
"If I see a man with my wife (committing adultery), I will kill him with the sword."
When the matter came to the Messenger of Allah, he said,
أَتَعْجَبُونَ مِنْ غَيْرةِ سَعْدٍ؟ فَوَاللهِ لَأَنَا أَغْيَرُ مِنْ سَعْدٍ، وَاللهُ أَغْيَرُ مِنِّي، مِنْ أَجْلِ ذَلِكَ حَرَّمَ الْفَوَاحِشَ مَا ظَهَرَ مِنْهَا وَمَا بَطَن
Do you wonder at Sa`d's jealousy By Allah, I am more jealous than Sa`d, and Allah is more jealous than I. This is why He has forbidden the immoral sins committed openly and in secret.
This Hadith is in the Two Sahihs.

The Prohibition of Unjustified Killing
Allah said,
... وَلاَ تَقْتُلُواْ النَّفْسَ الَّتِي حَرَّمَ اللّهُ إِلاَّ بِالْحَقِّ ...
And kill not anyone whom Allah has forbidden, except for a just cause (according to Islamic law).
This part of the Ayah emphasizes this prohibition in specific, although it is included in the immoral sins committed openly and in secret.
In the Two Sahihs, it is recorded that Ibn Mas`ud said that the Messenger of Allah said,
لَا يَحِلُّ دَمُ امْرِىءٍ مُسْلِمٍ يَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللهُ وَأَنِّي رَسُولُ اللهِ، إِلَّا بِإِحْدَى ثَلَاثٍ: الثَّيِّبُ الزَّانِي، وَالنَّفْسُ بِالنَّفْسِ، وَالتَّارِكُ لِدِينِهِ الْمُفَارِقُ لِلْجَمَاعَة
The blood of a Muslim person who testifies that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah and that I am the Messenger of Allah is prohibited, except for three offenses: a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse, life for life, and whoever reverts from the religion and abandons theJama`ah (the community of faithful believers).
There is a prohibition, a warning and a threat against killing the Mu`ahid, i.e., non-Muslims who have a treaty of peace with Muslims.
Al-Bukhari recorded that Abdullah bin `Amr said that the Prophet said,
مَنْ قَتَلَ مُعَاهِدًا لَمْ يَرَحْ رَائِحَةَ الْجَنَّةِ، وَإِنَّ رِيحَهَا لَيُوجَدُ مِنْ مَسِيرَةِ أَرْبَعِينَ عَامًّا
Whoever killed a person having a treaty of protection with Muslims, shall not smell the scent of Paradise, though its scent is perceived from a distance of forty years.
Abu Hurayrah narrated that the Prophet said,
مَنْ قَتَلَ مُعَاهِدًا لَهُ ذِمَّةُ اللهِ وَذِمَّةُ رَسُولِهِ فَقَدْ أَخْفَرَ بِذِمَّةِ اللهِ، فَلَا يَرَحْ رَائِحَةَ الْجَنَّةِ، وَإِنَّ رِيحَهَا لَيُوجَدُ مِنْ مَسِيرَةِ سَبْعِينَ خَرِيفًا
Whoever killed a person having a treaty of protection with the Muslims, and who enjoys the guarantee of Allah and His Messenger, he will have spoiled the guarantee of Allah (for him). He shall not smell the scent of Paradise though its smell is perceived from a distance of seventy years.
Ibn Majah and At-Tirmidhi recorded this Hadith, and At-Tirmidhi said, "Hasan Sahih.''