200 g pistachio nuts
2 cups garbanzo beans/chickpeas
2 cloves garlic
½ small onion
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cumin
1 tbsp flour
1 tsp baking powder

Start by blending the herbs in a mixer for about 30 seconds. Add pistachio nuts and pulse until well combined. Rinse the garbanzo beans. Add them and the rest of the ingredients into the mixer and blend for about a minute. You might have to stir around with a spoon occasionally. Try to keep the texture of the falafel dough a little rough. Make 24 small round falafels, place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake for about 15 minutes on 375°F/200°C, turn every 5 minutes to get an even brown color.

Pistachio_falafel_03.jpg

Pistachio_falafel_041.jpg

Cashew Nut Dressing

6 tbsp cashew butter
6 tbsp canola or rapeseed oil
3 tbsp lemon juice
a pinch of salt

Whisk all the ingredients in a small bowl until they are combined.

Mint Yoghurt

1 cup soy yoghurt (or regular if you prefer)
4 sprigs of fresh mint (chopped)
1 lime, juice and zest

Add yoghurt, mint and lime in a bowl and stir around until combined. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to get an intense mint flavor.

Tomato Chili Salsa

3 tomatoes, chopped into small dices
1/2 red chili, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
fresh oregano
salt & pepper

Chop the ingredients and add everything to a serving bowl. Stir around. Add salt and pepper according to taste. Serve immediately or put in the fridge for 30 minutes to get more intense flavors.

Pistachio_falafel_06.jpg

Assembling the falafel

1 head white cabbage (or any lettuce with big leaves)
1 red romaine lettuce
falafels
cashew nut dressing
mint yoghurt
tomato salsa
fresh herbs
pistachio
raisins

Separate the leaves by turning the lettuce and cabbage upside down and removing the stem or cone with a knife.
Put it under running water and gently separate the leaves one by one. Pat dry.

Hold one cabbage leaf in your hand, place a lettuce leaf inside of it, add 2 or 3 falafels, a spoonful of cashew nut dressing, mint yoghurt, tomato salsa and top with some fresh herbs, chopped pistachio and a couple of raisins. Fold it gently. Enjoy!

Pistachio_falafel_01.jpg

Pistachio_falafel_05.jpg

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Salaam...

YUMMMYYYY!!!! I looooove falafel and now my mouth is watering... These sound so yummy. I have never made before but i think i will definietly try this one out.
Thanks Sister...

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I will use this for the next bring in lunch for the teachers...it is exactly the kind of food I need to eat.