banking

afnan

:salam2:
bro and sis
i have a serious problem . my father is an auditor in bank where there is all transaction based on usury . his income is then haram and i depend on him i am uni student i cant afford job. what should i do?

khiz

fathers income is haram. what to do?

As Salam Alaikum brother Afnan

you can find many answers related to your issue at this link

http://islamqa.com/index.php?cref=449&pglist=1000000&ln=eng

please try to find a and appropriate one for you.

how ever i have selected some answers for you, i hope reading these you can find a better solution for your problem.

1. http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=42220&ln=eng

2. http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=215&ln=eng

3. http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=21701&ln=eng

may allah help you to follow the right path.

As Salam Alaikum

UmmYusuf

AA brother,

I was watching the Islam Channel the other day when a sister called in and and asked the sheikh the following question - My husband is a muslim but not practising Islam, he owns a restaurant and now sells alcohol, we have 3 daughters, I have tried to explain that what he is doing is haram - but he does not seem to care.

I know that this is different to a certain degree from your situation, however the sheikh, provided a very beautiful response, which you may be able to take something from. Let me sum it up for you.

Firstly he did not rebuke the sister for it is a situation which is no fault of her own. He advised her to continue reminding and explaining the effect of what her husband is doing to himself first, then to his family, and to keep persisting in her efforts accompanied by sincere du'a to Allah to guide her husband. After all, none can guide save Allah swt.

He went on to say that if this was not helping - i,e. her explanations, then perhaps to have a sheikh speak to him, or someone of the deen who can perhaps give him da'wah on the situation and encourage him to do what is right, again always accompanied with sincere du'a, and also to make tahajjud prayer and du'a at that time, as Allah always grants the du'a and accepts those made at such time, inshaAllah.

He then said, that if after all her efforts - which should not be over a course of days, but rather a longer perid with patient perserverance, if her husband did not discontinue such haram, then she has the right to enull the marriage - according to shari'ah.

Now I am no sheikh, and Allah knows best, but she was not advised to abstain from using the husbands money, or to go out and work on her own, or to not eat from the proceeds of her husbands haram, as that too would contradict Islam as the husband as the provider and could ultimately add more unnecessay pressure to her siuation - which she needs to attempt to rectify rather than make worse.

What I am saying here - is that I don't think your situation is one where you should be told that you shouldn't live of your fathers money and should be earning your own money etc.
firstly you have taken a stand and are trying to do what is right islamically and Allah knows your intention, you not being supported by your father could ultimately lead to more problems for you, as that would entail not eating or drinking from your house, and not partaking in anything that is consumed with the money your father brings home.

I am not saying live of his money and forget where it comes from. I am saying that be patient and advise him, make sincere du'a and set an example with your actions. As he is your father he may find it strange that his son should be correcting him - which some parents often find difficult to deal with.

Seek knowledge from a learned person, like a sheikh or a scholar, and ask them what stance you should take and whether Islamically it is acceptable for you to be provided for given your current situation. Islam Channel Tv has an ask the Imam section which is always very busy - but mashaAllah the sheikhs are very good and adhere to the qur'an and Sunnah. Otherwise visit our local mosque and ask the imam there.

Allah is the Most Merciful and He knows what is in our hearts, and he is not waiting for us to do wrong so he can just punish us. No, rather he is forgiving forebearing and kind, and as long as we wish to be guide and strive He ill guide us. InshaAllah.

I hope this helps,

wswr

Karima

Asalamualikum,
i have a serious problem . my father is an auditor in bank where there is all transaction based on usury . his income is then haram and i depend on him i am uni student i cant afford job. what should i do?

If your father is an auditor, then is he not paid by the hour? The bank is the one making the money on the interest, not your father. I would not think this is haram.

Sallam

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum, its important you see a scholar and tell him the exact details of your problems, inshaAllah he will assist you much better than any of us. :) Although, there has been very good general advice here.

Wasalam.