Banned from the masjid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
Try to be reasonable here. You taking this to court will cause the House of Allah problems. Just swallow your pride and accept your new job. If you take a mosque to court, not only are you being immoral but you're also costing the mosque legal fees. That money that could have been used to buy Muslim students books, Qurans, and equipment--or even charity for poor Muslims will eventually end up in a Jewish lawyer's pocket.

Just swallow your pride and move on.

I personally think that there is something you're not telling us. Most likely you must have done something wrong to have a restraining order against you. Did you use foul language? did you hit someone? did you break a window? Tell me!

Or did you make up this story? If not, please give us the address and telephone number of the mosque.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

How am I being immoral when I am the innocent one here? I am going to contact a lawyer before I give out information. I am seeking opinion here. And you do raise a good question. The property is private. The decision will become secular unless I can find resolution within the Muslims community. I am not going to cost the masjid any fees; they simply have to make a decision and tell this brother he is in the absolute wrong. My question then becomes who is going to step up and defend a Believing woman. An unmarried, divorced woman.

Immoral? Brother, please stop. I guard my chastity. I worship. I lower my gaze. I attend the masjid and I go to the grocery store. I tutor children and give dawah to sisters I meet at the masjid. I speak to my Quran teacher about religious matters. I am almost a recluse. I read and write and try to raise my sons to be good Believers. How is that immoral?

Why would I lie. Each word I write I have to account on the Day of Judgement. I am a truth teller simply because I fear Allah subhana wa taala.

I have been blessed with too much intelligence to use foul language in a place of worship. I am a Believer. I do not have to resort to physical measures. One, I am not stupid. I am a very small woman. I do not have the physical strenght I used to. Two, as a crisis counselor I developed a reportie of behaviors that have taught me to be very effective in dismantling situations and restoring calm. I am the one who is called upon to settle disputes. I take hands and gently rub them as I recite Sura Fathia.

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
Well, I want to call them and yell at them for this sort of action. PM me their number, I will pass it to my brother-in-law who works for CAIR. Have Muslims deal with other Muslims

DO NOT take legal action against your Mosque. It is wrong and shows lack of respect for the community. What if some anti-Muslim judge orders an investigation and finds out that the mosque might not have proper paperwork. You can end up being responsible if the mosque is forced to close down. Where will the brothers and sisters pray??? Look at Murfreesboro mosque. It was forced to close and Muslims were left stranded.

Have mercy! I would rather sacrifice for my Muslim community, because I have dignity

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
Sister Aapa,

First talk to some respectable people in the community and see if this can be resolved peacefully. Otherwise, you can contest the matter in the court and demand the cause for ban and then challenge it. You can also take them to court for unfair dismissal from work. Sadly, that is the state of the islamic centers and islamic schools these days. Those in power think they own everything and try to get rid of anyone that goes against them. Some say we should do this or that and show the kuffars Muslims are fighting and masjid is evil. This is what they leaders of the isalmic centers counting on. We need to set an example and put these leaders in their place, especially since they don't fear Allah and think they can do as they wish. This all can be done without the media knowing about it.

But if this is a private property then you probably can't do much against it. This is why when people donate for a masjid, it should be registered as non-profit organization for worship.

She didn't, the young brother was trying to be cute and crack a joke.

Jazakallahu khair for pointing that out. It can be hard to tell who is joking and who is serious online.

What is wrong with you that you can't tell the difference between joking and seriousness?

A stupid joke was cracked and you take it to be a fact when the affected sister is already deeply disturbed.

To spell it out for you: There was no singing involved and the reason for the banning was something else. No harsh judgmental comments necessary.

Sorry for not being as keen on picking up jokes online as you are; i'm not accustomed to joking with opposite gender as others and and to pick it up right away

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Brother,

Trust me, I kept the affair out of the media. And CAIR is well aware of my issue. They are the ones who told me to seek legal action and I still stayed within the Muslim world and dropped the whole matter. I forgave them their ignorance and prayed that Allah guide them to better.

And furthermore, in terms of proper paperwork if you are going to run a business here make sure you do it legally. I am not the one who will close down anything nor am I going to be the one to take blame for anything illegal. I have done nothing wrong.

The brother is not thinking. In his arrogance he has forgotten that even an ant is powerful. What member of the community do I turn to for help? How do I convince you that a divorced woman has no place.

We have men who hold people in submission because they have some money and others listen to them out of fear of money. The bother did not seek counsel. The brother did not seek the advise of his imam.

Yes, I am open to someone resolving this issue in an Islamic manner. That is why I posted this thread. I just want to take my momma to the masjid.

( on a lighter side the way I met his daughter is comical. It was Ramadan. We were getting ready for prayers. I noticed a young woman was not covered properly so I told her, in the best of manner, sister we are about to pray please cover...would you believe it a couple of days later I was introduced to my new boss..)

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
Good job...

So shed some light on us here. What was your position at the mosque.. You said you taught children. هل تتكلمين العربية؟

alf2

Islam is a way of life
HRRRM after reading the situation they seem VERY out of line.
So because you had a disagreement, they fired you as teacher THEN ban you form the Masjid?
Astaghfirallah, astaghfirallah!

Really that is just crazy. Is there another masjid? :girl3:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

When I moved back to the DC area I was bored. I started taking my mom to the local masjid. I do not like this area. I was kinda sorta job hunting at the time. The sisters at the masjid got to know me because I would take my mother and they loved my mother. I volunteered as the Islamic Studies teacher for the high school. We had a lot of fun. The students enjoyed the classes. I had originally volunteered for a month to help them ease into the school year. I remained a volunteer for two months.

I stated a job hunt. I was going to accept a position in DC, I needed a reference. I went to the little Islamic school. They needed a teacher. They offered me a job. I took the job. It payed less than one third of what I would have been making. I decided to take the job for obvious reasons. I wanted the blessings of Allah.

I taught a combined fifth and sixth grade. I taught all the core classes. I also taught PE when the PE teacher was fired. It was a little out of my realm as I more comfortable with older students and adults. Nevertheless, I gave it my all. I loved my little daughters. They are still in contact with me. I never say anything derogatory about the school or teachers. I tell them to listen and behave.

I fully understand that things happen. I am not bitter or angry about the dismissal. It took a few weeks to bounce back. It has been very difficult financially, but, I think about Prophet Ayub. And, in essence I understand these trials that I am going through are cleaning me. I am grateful that I am being tested but I do pray that Allah not test me too much, beyond what I can endure.

So, I am not seeking any recompense for the dismissal. I had kept it very private. I am adult enough to move forward. The firing was finished. I have moved on. I am not seeking to bring any negative light on Muslims. I spoke to one of the most respected imams in the area. It took me a while to have a meeting and he was very comforting. He listened to me. He suggested that I meet with this brother and himself. ( Falls Church)

I decided and wrote to the imam that I would seek the path of forgiveness. I asked the imam to keep me in his dua. Whatever happens in the school is not my concern anymore.

I continued to attend the masjid. I see the two as very separate. Thus, I was hit with a lighting bolt tonight.

I am still job hunting. InshaAllah, I will get a job out of this area. As I told my son, InshaAllah, the minute he is handed his diploma I will go tearing out of this area with my tires smoking and the wheels spinning.

I am not an angry person. But, I will not be treated unfairly.

And it is not the ADAMS center as I believe women should be separated from men as we pray among other things.

There are other masjids...my father was instrumental in getting the people to have a masjid here....just last week the imam told me how much he liked my father..and that is why he knew me...this masjid is sentimental..and it is walking distance...and it would be too hard on my mother.

And here is the real tear jerker...when the rug is pulled under your feet...I had to give up custody of my baby..he needed daddy more at this time..I am holding my heart together with duct tape.

You know all I want to do is go to the masjid and have the strenght of congregational worship. To make salat knowing that 70,000 angles are descending upon that building on a given day.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
What is wrong with you that you can't tell the difference between joking and seriousness?

A stupid joke was cracked and you take it to be a fact when the affected sister is already deeply disturbed.

To spell it out for you: There was no singing involved and the reason for the banning was something else. No harsh judgmental comments necessary.

Okay everyone lets calm down. Sis Shanaaz I am 100% sure Islamerica thought he was serious. She is so nice & innocent she would never be disrespectful.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Assalaam alaikum,

And it is not the ADAMS center as I believe women should be separated from men as we pray among other things.

1) Wait there are masjids where men and women pray together????
2) I did not know you were in DC, I want to move to DC =D
3) Where will you move next Aapa? I vote GA :D

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
wow what a small world! If you're talking about the ADAMS center with Imam Mohamed Majed, then I know that place!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Yes, sister check out the ADAMS center in Sterling, VA. They have men and women pray together. I read something online. They do not believe in gender discrimination. They have 6000 families they serve. And Loudoun county is one of the best places for people to live. I believe it is in the top five places to live. Many many jobs.

DC has jobs whereas the rest of the country does not.

I would love to move to GA. It is beautiful and Atlanta is a huge city. I am going, to InshaAllah, go to Savannah and check out the Gala Islands. However,WV has my heart. I have not ruled out anything. I need to expand my job search. I think my rejection letters now equal my posts on TTI.

The universe is very big and there are opportunities everywhere. I have to be patient.

I need to make salat. I will catch up with everyone on the morrow.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Assalaam alaikum,

Yes, sister check out the ADAMS center in Sterling, VA. They have men and women pray together. I read something online. They do not believe in gender discrimination. They have 6000 families they serve. And Loudoun county is one of the best places for people to live. I believe it is in the top five places to live. Many many jobs.

DC has jobs whereas the rest of the country does not.

I would love to move to GA. It is beautiful and Atlanta is a huge city. I am going, to InshaAllah, go to Savannah and check out the Gala Islands. However,WV has my heart. I have not ruled out anything. I need to expand my job search. I think my rejection letters now equal my posts on TTI.

The universe is very big and there are opportunities everywhere. I have to be patient.

I need to make salat. I will catch up with everyone on the morrow.

Actually the city of Lilburn/Lawrenceville also has a huge Islamic community, not just Atlanta. And Al-Farooq has an islamic school, Dar ul Noor.
Savannah does also :)
But I have never been to Savannah. :(

I have gotten many rejection letters on jobs, also :(
Its the economy, keep fighting the good fight (in the job market)!

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alaikum wr wb

i know this must be devastating for you, have you tried going to other masjid ask some respected scholar to speak to the member/head of the masjid.
Or maybe contact ISNA , what about talking to them on the phone? if everything has gone in vein maybe its better to change masjid if there is another one closeby InshAllah
Allah (swt) knows best

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

This brother is an immigrant. He has money. He has limited power because of his money. He has done this to other brothers. I asked why the masjid lacked a sense of community. The response I was given verbatim was the community left. When I inquired why the community left I was told that genuine members who wanted to build a community were banned from the masjid. I shook my head and told the person this could not be.

There comes a time in life when we have to stand up for what is right. And I will man-up to this. I would like to speak to a respected person in the community to stop this once and for all.

The trouble I have discovered with many of the organizations is that they are immigrant based. So you ask, what is wrong with that. In simple words, culture. These men do not take women seriously. They are used to intimidating women. In the case of this brother, he removed his wife from the position of an administrator and gave it to his daughter. The wife swallowed that. It is not done in a professional environment. You do not play chess with the lives of people. It will take weeks upon weeks with no returned calls. That cultural arrogance is deeply seeped.

And what is being done here is wrong. Someone has to stop him. I can not contact the imam as I will have to go through the administrative process and will have no access. Once again, the imam, has no knowledge of this.

I will try to contact the respected imam at the masjid in Falls Church.

I am at a loss for words. What I am trying to convey is this: the property is worth a lot of money. Prior to this brother bailing it out there had been a mess, all kinds of strange interactions had taken place. The brother dropped a lot of money and continues to contribute each month. The location of the property is hot. The government is planning to move more departments here. We are located in a place where the housing market is still good; the prices of real estate will rise as the government moves the FBI over here. There cannot be a more convenient location for a masjid. That is all well and good.

But, it is nevertheless, a masjid. It is not anyone's private property. The man has chosen to spend in the cause of Allah. So he can not dictate by his emotions who worships at the masjid. He is not a religious figure. He is a businessman. He has no authority. And what he is doing and has done in the past is haraam. He has torn the community apart. He is playing. And he needs to be stopped.

InshaAllah, I will start the phone calls on Monday afternoon. And please understand I am doing what is Islamic. I am coming to my brothers and sisters in faith asking for help.

Islam!!yay

Salam Sister

You are such a sweet woman and a kind person.I believe you are doing is the right thing.You have every right to take any legal actions.I believe that if Prophet Mohamed PBUH were to see this He PBUH would be very angry.Just remember If you are in the right, then Allah SWT is with you all the way so are your brothers and sisters here.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Okay everyone lets calm down. Sis Shanaaz I am 100% sure Islamerica thought he was serious. She is so nice & innocent she would never be disrespectful.

Yeah everyone already calmed down a few posts ago. The sister clarified herself in her later post. I was basically pointing out that one needs to carefully read all the posts before responding with a viewpoint that may be misconstrued and further fuel the already high flames.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
I hope and pray that you are successful in your efforts, Aapa. No one should ever use the tools of gaining access to Allah as some kind of pawn in a twisted power struggle. Dragging a masjid into the selfishness of the dunya breeds all kinds of haram and I'm glad that you're making the efforts to stop this cancer in it's tracks.

I'm also really sorry to hear about your custody issues. May Allah help you and your son to persevere during this difficult time and make it a purification for you.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
Assalaamu Alaikum.

Sounds pretty bad to hear Mother.
I think, the owner, his daughter & her husband couldn't tolerate seeing your face 5 times a day. *Sigh*
Jealousy, Envy? Couldn't tolerate a good soul in his land? Maybe.
Anyways. I shall include this in my prayers along with the job one.
Hope Allah(SWT) eases your path soon.
Peace. :)

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'ALaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Let me tell something before I respond to the situation of dear sister Aapa.

I have read all the posts in the thread and felt the true situation of TTI now. It is sad that some people do try to be over smart even while a serious issue is being discussed. May Allah guide us all.

As per the situation and your plans, I really do not know US that well, so I cannot comment on you and family moving to another city. However, I agree with you that legal action needs to be taken against this man. "They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah." Quran (8:30).

I remember long ago sister Palestine was having a similar problem with her school Principal when that lady tried to stop her attending the school with Islamic Hijab. Moreover, sister Palestine won it after contacting Police.

Have faith in Allah and move on dear. Always remember, Allah is with the Patient.

Hope to hear a happy news about your job soon.

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Status
Not open for further replies.