Beating of Sudanese Pregnant Woman

MeadowDust

I read that death penalty for apostasy was for those who spread information about Muslim state to the non Muslim state, and as I can remember what I read is that we should call them back to Islam at least more than one time. If anyone finds similar supporting evidence please share.

Precious Star

I read that death penalty for apostasy was for those who spread information about Muslim state to the non Muslim state, and as I can remember what I read is that we should call them back to Islam at least more than one time. If anyone finds similar supporting evidence please share.

She said she was never muslim. The reason she is being sentenced to death and lashes is because her father was muslim, and in Sudan the religion of the children is the religion of the father.

But in islam, religion is not a genetic inheritance. If the "muslim father" abandoned his family and the mother raised her daughter as a Christian, then she is a Christian. How is it that under Islamic sharia - under the merciful laws of Allah -- a woman should be beaten and imprisoned and sentenced to death, when she did NOT commit a crime? And her baby boy is in jail with her -- how is that just and merciful????

MeadowDust

Not at all, I don't agree what she is going through. It's not just and right. I was talking about apostasy and death penalty in general in Islam, and what I have heard about it. Because in this case, it seems different.

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
How can someone who was never even Muslim to begin with leave Islam? This is just another cultural/traditional problem covered up as Islamic. They should be punishing the father of that woman if they wanted to punish someone for not taking care of his child and being irresponsible after he married a woman who was not Muslim if this whole story is even true.

Another big problem this story points out is that marrying a non Muslim will most likely result in non Muslim children, unfortunately. I just hope they come to their senses and release this poor woman. They are giving the world another reason to hate Muslims and Islam.

Precious Star

How can someone who was never even Muslim to begin with leave Islam? This is just another cultural/traditional problem covered up as Islamic. They should be punishing the father of that woman if they wanted to punish someone for not taking care of his child and being irresponsible after he married a woman who was not Muslim if this whole story is even true.

Another big problem this story points out is that marrying a non Muslim will most likely result in non Muslim children, unfortunately. I just hope they come to their senses and release this poor woman. They are giving the world another reason to hate Muslims and Islam.

This is what happens when a country adopts "Sharia". If you are born to a muslim father, you are muslim, and that's that - you are then subjected to all Islamic punishments. This is why sharia "law" is so scary. This woman was born and raised in Pre-Sharia Sudan, when a single mother could raise her child according to her own faith (Christianity); now that Sharia has been implemented they are attacking that (now adult) child retroactively.

Um Ibrahim

This is what happens when a country adopts "Sharia". If you are born to a muslim father, you are muslim, and that's that - you are then subjected to all Islamic punishments. This is why sharia "law" is so scary. This woman was born and raised in Pre-Sharia Sudan, when a single mother could raise her child according to her own faith (Christianity); now that Sharia has been implemented they are attacking that (now adult) child retroactively.

Sister Sharia law is the NOT the problem here. These people are making their own laws and claiming it to be "Sharia" which it's not. We cannot put this on Islam, Allah's commandments. Anyone with common sense can tell this has nothing to do with Islam. It's not her fault that she was raised by her mother who raised her as a Christian. Many people, Muslims included are misinformed and have preconceived judgments about Islamic law. We all need to be more knowledgeable in this area of our religion so as to not be confused and believe anything labeled as Sharia.

MehmetHilmi

Who are the real representatives of real Sharia then?

In the past 50 years, which state or organization has applied this true form of Sharia?

Um Ibrahim

Who are the real representatives of real Sharia then?

In the past 50 years, which state or organization has applied this true form of Sharia?

So because some Muslims misuse this particular aspect of Islam are you doubting the legitimacy of it? It doesn't matter what some Muslims do with it. Go back to the books, the Quran and sunna of Prophet Muhammad. When I say we need to educate ourselves that's what I'm talking about. Read what Allah and His messenger said about this not what Muslims do which can be wrong or right. As you've probably heard before, Muslims are not perfect but Islam is.

Precious Star

So because some Muslims misuse this particular aspect of Islam are you doubting the legitimacy of it? It doesn't matter what some Muslims do with it. Go back to the books, the Quran and sunna of Prophet Muhammad. When I say we need to educate ourselves that's what I'm talking about. Read what Allah and His messenger said about this not what Muslims do which can be wrong or right. As you've probably heard before, Muslims are not perfect but Islam is.

Yes you are hitting the nail on the head...Muslims are not perfect.

Hence, they cannot be expected to apply a perfect system.

Islam came to an illiterate, dessert people. There was no "going to the books".
Today, many Muslims are illiterate or live simple lives without access to the internet, libraries, and scholars. Islam should be just as easily comprehensible to them as to those of us who are literate and comb the books and internet for answers.

Islamically the child follows the religion of the father. Islamically the Muslim woman cannot marry a non Muslim man. Islamically, apostasy is a sin. Islamically adultery is punishable by 100 lashes. So yes, this IS sharia.

The problem is that sharia courts are not looking at all the circumstances before they impose their punishments. Remember that Down Syndrome girl in Pakistan last year who wAs jailed because she allegedly burned the Quran? Another example.

In my opinion, if countries are going to call themselves "islamic" and sharia based, the The rest of the Muslim world heeds to speak up and say something when islam is slandered in the way that it is. Sudan is giving Muslims and Islam a bad name. The non Muslim world is horrified by sudan's conduct. They think Muslims are barbarians.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

I feel really saddned for what is happening with our Muslim Ummah.,and I am thinking how one of the most important characteristics of our religion Islaam, mercy and justice are left beside. And this horrible act that is doing against this woman, and her innocent child is only one of the examples. It is sad to see how we are taking from Islaam only what it benefit us and we are leaving to fullfill other obligations as Muslims.

May Allah protect this woman and her child,and may Allah guide our Ummah. Ameen.

Asslamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu