Beauty an asset or a curse?

Sheba_770

Salaam Alakum,
I became a convert last year at Ramadan I am still new and learning.I am puzzle in one area of my life, I work in the fashion ind. where how I look markets my buissness and I get a lot of women whom want to look like me and come see me because of it. I am happy for the fact that that I been blessed in that area of my life but I must admit even thou it open the doors for me it has caused me alot of hardships and pains too ,Its truly been a double edge sword. None of my peers co-workers or clients know of my convertsion. I have not told anyone of this factor because my livelyhood depends on my secrecy. It's been an eye opener for me to see how deep ill and bitter negative and misinformed feelings people have toward Islam, including extremely educated. If I was ever to declare my secret they would be flabbergasted because I am so well liked but I am afraid I would loose my job.If my own family did not understand my convertsion, why would strangers? .......I do love Islam
Thanks,Sheba

solly

alsalamu alaykom dear sheba,

i really understand wut ur saying.and i feel that 2...and if u excuze me i have some questions 4 u coz i ddnt really understand the whole case.
1. it seems 2 me that u live in a foreign country where muslims aren't very free 2 do wut they want .
2.it seems 2 me that ur the only muslim member of ur family..is that right?
3.u've mentioned 4 many times the word'' conversion '' i would like 2 know if u mean talking about islam in public or looking like a real muslim woman?

now i would like 2 discuss some issus with u if u allow me 2....
u've mentiond earlier that u love islam.....
in life we have 2 do sacrifices for wut we love and believe in....but my question is ...wut do u love more? ur deen which is islam?or ur work and ur beautiful look? just think about the question...and i want u 2 know that we as peaple and as human beings we should make our own decisions.i mean if u love islam that much ...do wut ur mind and heart tell u 2 not wut the society tells u ..

the same thing happend 2 me b4 i became 2 be a really good muslim...i had 2 make a strong decision about my Hejab ''a head cover'' with all the attracting things in life.. my family and some of my relatives ddnt agree with me about it i thought how am i gonna look as good as i used 2 be?how am i gonna remain stylish and all those stuff?...but at last i put it on ''al hamdu lullah'' i made my own decision....thats wut u should do 2..make ur own decision

about ur job ...am sure that if u set ur mind on searching 4 a new job am sure ,and in sha allah, u will find a better job,a job that would apreciate your talends ,work,thoughts and mind not bcoz of ur look only ..and i want u 2 know ...u said that many girlz come 2 see u and look like u .maybe when u prove ur point and discover ur true thoughts and religoun many girlz will admire and respect u even more coz u've proved ur point and became free.u might be the girl who will guide other muslims ,weak, afraid, girlz to be strong just like u
maybe ur well liked personality will make people be muslims ,too.u can be a guiding tool 4 other blind people

4 last i want 2 remind u about our prophet Muhamad ((peace be upon him)) and Champions...they have sacrified everything 4 the sake of islam...and they've gone through alot of hard things just 2 protect and inpower their religoun,islam...

be strong and be only u
ur true friend ,sally

marildu

I found that in my situation, strangers were a lot more accepting than my family.

You are here for your actions and your actions will be the ones that are judged. Should you really let some people you dont even know dictate what you want for yourself?

Kayote

:salam2:

From what I understand, beauty is not a curse, far from it.

In Islam, a woman keeps herself for her husband (& it goes both ways, the husband has to stay true to her, respect & give her her rights).

While, I understand it must be hard to give up something that you enjoy & have worked hard towards, but I believe, you can do something on your own i.e use your skills for the good of Islam. From Fashion industry, I imagine things along the lines of clothes (which are not in confirmation with Islamic belief), then why not think about starting something by yourself. Sure, you cannot just jump into it, but start doing the research & look at market etc to see what you CAN do with your skills.

And donot forget, pray to Allah for help, make dua, as many as you can. No dua goes waste, if it does not happen, it is better for you. Trust in Allah & seek his guidance.

Insha'Allah we shall pray for you. Amen.

:wasalam:

muslimoon2006

alssalamu alaikum
my beloved sister in islam i read wut u wrote and i thanked allah of being borned muslim but lets not forget the minute u became a muslim in ur believes in look in style ur work cuze u know when u turn 2 islam that u can,t practice anything like the situation before there are limits of dealing with men certain thing about the outfit that u cant ignore and about beaty it,s another blessing from allah to thank allah for it u can wear scarf and yet be stylish u can cover ur beatifull hear and look even more beautiful u can say i,m muslim and be oroud of urself it,s the real beauty in islam being proud of everything islam stands for and most important my dear chose muslim friends they will help u better anderstand islam and embrasse u when others reject u and make them ur only family because this is the family that will be thier in junna(heaven) and hold tight to them ur lovin, sister sarah

Abul Harith

Staff member
Asalam alaikom Sheba_770

Welcome to Turn to Islam. Masha'allah it's nearly Ramadan again and it's almost one year since you became Muslim. May Allah increase you in knowledge and piety. I hope we all take advantage of the coming month of fasting to take stock of our lives and what we aim to achieve in our lives. We can all make a change for the better insha'allah.

The title of your thread is asking the question whether beauty is an asset or a curse.

Beauty itself is something that is not a curse...the Messenger :sal: said "

“Almighty Allah is Beautiful (splendid in His perfection) and loves beauty.”

We are all created in the most beautiful form by Allah. We have a responsibility to look after the gift that Allah has give us as we will be questioned regarding it on judgement day.

Wasalam alaikom,

Mu2min

Sheba_770

My secret sacrifice

Assalum aleykum,
Solly thank you for sharing your similar experience. I hope I can enlight some of your questions, 1# Yes I do live in a Christian country and Yes I am the only member in my family who is Muslim. I dress in a very conservative manner but fashionable, I have never dressed indecent. My main focus is my hair not my clothes, I see a lot of Muslim women mainly Pakistani who don't wear head scarf, whoever I am not discarding the thought of maybe one day completly covering, whoever now it's not the time, I am supporting two orphans and that its a form of sacrifice. I am getting so much more accomplish now in my current life as an undercover Muslim ,how? When I defend Islam from the ignorance of others and let them see a different perspective, they actually listen and sometimes even agree .Why? because their guard it's not up . One Day hopefully soon ,I will completly disclose my secret, because I do love Islam more than anything in the universe.
Sheba

Sheba_770

Muslimoon2006

Salaam Aleykum,
Sarah, Thanks for being so warm and generous with your words, you have touched my heart. May Allah guard and bless you always.
Sheba

solly

dear sis in islam sheba

alsalamu alaykom wa rahmatu allah wa barakatu,

dear sheba,i understood ur situation and wut's ur going through but always remember that it will be considered as jehad 4 the sake of islam,and insha'allah Allah will reward u 4 that,
i really admir and respect u more bcoz of wut ur doing and bcoz of the way u think about islam and impressed by the way u try 2 guide others 2 islam by a secret way.
talking about my opinion in beauty wether it was an asset or a curse,i think that beauty has never been and will never be a curse,its smthing we use and take care of but we have 2 b carfull with it.about al hejab''head cover'' its a choicable thing 4 the girl. and now u can learn islam a step by step u dont have 2 rush in everything just fucos about ur self from in the inside------->to the out side the way we look is only a shell .there're many girlz who dont wear a scarf but dress in a very conservative way like u, remember that hejab isn't only about covering ur head ,its ur body b4 ur head
at last i want u 2 know that the world wasn't built within a day.and islam wasn't speard in the universe by a year, it took our prophet Mouhamd ''peace be upon him'' 3 years of spreading by a secret way and many years 2 make non muslims 2 even accept islam.just put ur trust in Allah and Allah will guide u in ur life
may Allah help and protect u, :)
sally

Naasih

as salaamu alaikum

I think when we all reverted to Islaam we all had our own tests and trials. This is based on the saying of Allaah

Does mankind think he will be left alone just to say he believes and he will not be tested?

Translated meaning of the aayah. Really sister it is good you feel this way but as the prophet said, whoever leaves something for the sake of Allaah He will replace it with better. I hope you find the strength sister. May Allaah guide us and the muslims to that which He loves and is pleased with!

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Responding just to the title,

No I don't think beauty is a sin. It is certainly an asset. How you use your assets is what counts.

Eg, I have two functioning hands that can help me steal a chair from a shop, or pick up a book and read it.

west

I also reverted; and yes there are many trials and tribulations. 4 years in January, and only recently have I started wearimg my scarf fulltime.

The main focus on your clothing should be modesty. You can still be fashionable while dressing modestly. If you decide to wear a scarf - there are many interesting and funcky ways in which it can be worn. Do not let your decision to embrace Islam become a hindrance. You can still design wonderful clothes as long as you wear modest clothing.

Remember, its a long road to been a good Muslim - especially if you were not reared as a Muslim. Take it one step at a time. In my personal belief - prayer is the 1st and most important step. You will grow from there because Allah will guide you.Remember Allah will never give us challenges which we cannot deal with

Have faith in yourself and you will conquer the world