been thinking

Ok I have been thinking of something. if I'm blabbing, I apologise.
situation question:
Lets say there's a girl who lived in a foster home for the first year of her life, got adopted and lived with her "parents" until after she reached the age of adulthood(over 21). When she is an adult she accepts islam. Islamically, do the parents who adopted her deserve the same treatment as if they were her biological parents?

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
One should not treat the parents differently just because she has now become Muslim (unless of course if she treated them badly then that should change). But I dont see any reason to "treat" parents any different. If these people provided for her and loved her like she was their own she should have utmost repect for them. However, in Islam lineage is an important thing. She should not consider them as being her biological parents or to change her name as such. But there is no "adoption" in Islam as it is in its entirety... In Islam, we caregive and provide for but cannot call a child "ours" because of it. I'm sure you know this and that is why you are asking.... there is nothing wrong with her loving them and respecting them and that should not change but it should always be remembered that she is not their biological child(which im sure all adopted children never forget)...
I dont know - this is just from my limited knowledge and humble opinion.. just wanted to answer coz no1 else did.... :S
Please forgive me if I have said anything wrong,
Allah knows best.

I dont know - this is just from my limited knowledge and humble opinion.. just wanted to answer coz no1 else did.... :S
Please forgive me if I have said anything wrong,
Allah knows best.

You said nothing wrong. I just know the islamic view on adoption(aka adopting a child) and was curious about one who Was adopted herself. there's rights of the parents and rights of the neighbor. I do agree they should recieve kindness and respect for raising her.