Before And After Accepting the Natural Faith.

muslim

:salam2:

These are some short phrases from the biographies of reverts about their views on Islam before and after being rightly guided.

1)Aminah Assilmi -

Before:
This American lady, a former radical feminist and Southern Baptist from Oklahoma, studied the Quran, Sahih Muslim and fifteen other books on Islam in an attempt to convert the Arabs in her college class to Christianity and "save those poor ignorant heathens from the fires of hell." But guess what happened!

After:
No human could have ever convinced me that I would finally be at peace and overflowing with love and joy because of Islam.
This book spoke of THE ONE GOD, THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE. It described the beautiful way in which He had organised the world. This wondrous Qur'an had all the answers. Allah is The Loving! Allah is the Source of Peace! Allah is the Protector! Allah is the Forgiver! Allah is the Provider! Allah is the maintainer! Allah is the Generous One! Allah is the Responsive! Allah is the Protecting Friend! Allah is the Expander!
There is no way to fully explain how my life changed. Alhamdulillah! I am so very glad that I am a Muslim. Islam is my life. Islam is the beat of my heart. Islam is the blood that courses through my veins. Islam is my strength. Islam is my life so wonderful and beautiful. Without Islam, I am nothing and should Allah ever turn His magnificent face from me I could not survive.

2)Prof Debra Mubashshir's (from Baptist Priest to Islam)

Before:
I knew Islam to be a kind of perverted form of Christianity. Well this is what I was taught in the Church. I did not believe that there was anything worthy in Islam and I had this perception of Muslims as having very little to contribute to my development, if anything at all. I was happy where I was, well that is what I thought, and was not searching for another faith, she said.

After:
...She breaks down and cry when she spoke of what she called 'her transition to Islam', which was to her the greatest moment in her life. She can't hold back her tears of joy and thanked the Almighty Allah Whom she called 'The Merciful Redeemer' for guiding her to Islam.

3)Khahdeejah 'Sue' Watson: A former pastor, missionary plus a professor with a Master's Degree in Divinity.

Before:
We thought and were taught, that the Muslims were bowing down to the Ka’bah (in Mecca), and that was their god and the center point of this false deity.

After:
I was shocked to learn that the manner of prayer is prescribed by God, Himself. The words of the prayer are one of praise and exaltation. The approach to prayer (ablution or washing) in cleanliness is under the direction of Allah.
... and it was the first time I was to use the name of Allah, and I said, “Allah, I believe you are the One and Only True God.” There was peace that descended upon me and from that day four years ago until now I have never regretted embracing Islam.
This decision did not come without trial. I was fired from my job as I was teaching in two Bible Colleges at that time, ostracized by my former classmates, professors and co-pastors, disowned by my husband’s family, misunderstood by my adult children and made an object of suspicion by my own government. Without the faith that enables man to stand up to satanic forces I would not have been able to withstand all of this. I am ever so grateful to Allah that I am a Muslim and may I live and die a Muslim. “Truly, my prayer, my service of sacrifice, my life and my death are all for God the Cherisher of the Worlds. No partner has He, this I am commanded. And I am the first of those who bow to Allah in Islam.”
(Holy Qur’aan 6:162-163)

4)Celine (Now Um-Khalthum )

Before:
.. as I did not believe in organized religion. I have strongly believed all my life that I should talk directly to God and ask what I needed and thank Him for what He gave me. I also strongly believe in the equality of men and women, and the equality of all races in front of God and of people. Christianity taught me about Jesus, whom I believed in. Judaism showed me I could talk to God directly, that men and women should worship separately, and that God had dietary laws. Mohawks showed me that men and women were equal though they had different obligations. Where could I find all of this. No religion, no teachings could offer me all of this, but God was there to guide me.

After:
Allah guided me and gave me what I was looking for through Islam. Because of this I try to use my pen and the airwaves to give a broad picture of all the facets of Islam and see the unity in the diversity that is Islam.
May Allah guide all of those who have a broken heart. And remember that the message of Islam is that of peace and of harmony. Before we heal we must talk about the hurt, and Allah does heal our hearts by putting people in our path that are there to guide us to HIM.

Source : go to www.google.com and type the name of the person.

You are most welcome to add more to this list.