Best Books on Nahw and Sarf?!

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamu Aleykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaathuh dear brothers and sisters, I have an URGENT request:

I've made an intention that Inshallah (Ta Alla), after memorizing 20 Juz'a, I'm going to start learning how read, write, and speak in Urdu (fluently).

Then after that, I'm planning to Inshallah (Ta Alla) learn Arabic, and so I want to know if there are any books you guys might recommend that might help me master (speaking, understanding, and writing) Arabic, and also books on Nahw and Sarf. Jazakumullahu Kyran. :)

Also, pictures, descriptions, and price listings would be greatly appreciated. :)

Barakallahu Feekum brothers and sisters. :)

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

May Allaah allow you to achieve your aspirations, purely for his sake. In response to your VM akhi, check my blog (link in my sig). For an excellent book on nahw, then it's Al-Aajurroomiyyah and An-Nahw Al-Waadih (book 1) to start with, providing you can read/understand beyond super-basic Arabic. If not then the popular Madinah Arabic Course will teach you much inshaa' Allaah.

As for sarf... I don't know any sarf specific books to be honest, but the best tool I've used is this conjugation dictionary.

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Wa Alaykum Assalam Dear Brother

1st of All : Start with easy issues of knowledge before difficult ones. rather start with small texts until you are ready for the big ones.

Then Start with Matn al-Ajroomiyyah. then Alfiyyah Ibn Maalik

2nd : Strive to study with a Shaykh whose religious commitment and knowledge can be trusted; if that is not possible then study with a seeker of knowledge who is ahead of you on the path.

3rd: pls refer to : Research on How to seek knowledge

<wasalam>